email Notifications from STF

Your computer feeling a lot slower lately? That new program you installed not working? Can't convert a specific file? Looking to buy a new hard drive or dvd writer? Would like some recommendations? Firewalls, latest threats and general P2P security issues are here also.
T A U
Donator
Donator

email Notifications from STF

Post by T A U » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:36 pm

Hi,

I used to receive email messages whenever someone posts anything in the threads that I subscribed to. I noticed recently that this has stopped and I don't get anything in my inbox. I also checked my spam/junk folder but there was nothing. Please advise.

Thanks.

Will-I-Am
Donator
Donator

Re: email Notifications from STF

Post by Will-I-Am » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Same problem here.
I've asked around, if you use Hotmail then you have this problem.

Who's your email provider?
In the mean time there's: User Control Panel/Manage subscriptions

momijigari
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Post by momijigari » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:55 pm

The first advice as usual, besides checking spam, is that some email providers are an issue.
Try switching to another (provided that you were receiving STF emails previously this year).

Please make sure you have set the notifications options according to your preferences.
As the notification options didn't exist until this year, some users aren't aware they need to check the necessary boxes.

User ---> User Control Panel ---> Board preferences ---> Edit notification options

For instance, if you want emails sent out for topics you are subscribing to, you need to check both boxes on that option.
The "NOTIFICATIONS" checkbox is to activate the actual "Notifications" feature itself.
That also means you will be notified in the "Notifications" menu in the top right corner of the forum.
To get "EMAILS", that checkbox needs to be ticked too.
If you don't check both boxes for an event, you won't receive any email notification.

To verify you are actually subscribed to the topics you are interested in, check:
User ---> User Control Panel ----> Overview ---> Manage subscriptions

Also, if you have received an subscription email, you won't receive further emails for that topic until you have visited it (as is standard with subscription emails).

So please make 100% sure that all options are set to your preference.
As if anything, the problem on STF's side is that far too many emails are being sent out.
Which is one of the reasons for the new "thanks"-button.
Some information about the "thanks"-button, as well as on subscribing and bookmarking topics is available here: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=259037

T A U
Donator
Donator

Post by T A U » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:48 am

Thanks everyone for your help.

momijigari, I just check my subscriptions and as you can see bellow nothing is selected. I selected the ones I want to be notified about but I couldn't save my selection.

By the way, I can't see the screenshot you posted. May be my ISP is blocking that site. You said "If you don't check both boxes for an event, you won't receive any email notification." but I only see only one checkbox labeled "Mark".

Thanks.

momijigari
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Post by momijigari » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:18 am

You seem to be confusing "notification options" with "Manage subscriptions".
Please re-read my post.

It would be very strange if your ISP is blocking the imagehosting site postimg.org, considering it is what you are using.....
Below is the link without img tags.
http://s29.postimg.org/hp6fhx11z/Screen ... _30_38.png

T A U
Donator
Donator

Post by T A U » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:49 am

For some reason the emails are back since last night. Thanks for everyone who tried to help.

Return to “Technical Support & Discussion”