The LowID Clinic -- a support thread for LowID problems

Your computer feeling a lot slower lately? That new program you installed not working? Can't convert a specific file? Looking to buy a new hard drive or dvd writer? Would like some recommendations? Firewalls, latest threats and general P2P security issues are here also.
stileche
Donator
Donator

Re: The LowID Clinic -- a support thread for LowID problems

Post by stileche » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:07 am

I dont know if this will help anyone, but Ive had lowid issues with my new computer. This time we had some people come stay with us and they connected 4 different devices to our wifi, and even though Ive got a specific IP address assigned to mine, somehow there was a conflict and in my internet connection properties all the information had gone back to "detect automatically". So I still had a connection but low id. I changed these back, and using Windows 7 there is something strange that has happened twice. The gateway address had disappeared and even though I had put all the info in correctly, I had to go back into properties to put this value back in. Now back to high id.

Laudrup

Post by Laudrup » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Just wanted to say thanks thanks for the great lowid related tutorials - I finally managed to crack the nut this morning. I assume a bunch of the contributing writers are doing clinic hours, so thought I would post my gratitude here.

Cheers

zeusin1066

Post by zeusin1066 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:34 pm

i recently got vpntunnel but now i got low id and cant find how to setup to get hi id again any help be appreciated.
i have windows 7 64 bit, emule version 0.50a and router is bthomehub no matter what i try it just gets low id i had no trouble before i had always a hi id before i started to use vpn tunnel.

.:jOe:.
Donator
Donator

Post by .:jOe:. » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:29 am

Don't turn your firewall off, just go into its settings and open the ports you need

Will-I-Am
Donator
Donator

Post by Will-I-Am » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:03 pm

wrestling3 wrote:Hey guys, wish I could be more specific with some info, but any help is appreciated

4) I am not sure how to confirm this but I believe logging in with the router is not the problem
Can you connect the Internet cable from the Router directly into your computer or is that not possible with FIOS?

also, I take it you have done this:
Start (Windows XP) > Control Panel > Windows Firewall | Firewall On with "don't allow exceptions" disabled (unchecked) | Exceptions tab has eMule in it and it is allowed (checked)

demonwizz

Post by demonwizz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:01 pm

How To Make P2P Programs to Work on Networks Using a Broadband Router (emule is taken for example)
Page 1 - 3 is example for emule & windows xp firewall, page 4 & 5 are for forwarding ports on router D-Link DI-524.
Explained very well with screenshots for each step.

demonwizz

Post by demonwizz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:49 pm

Do you have another pc connected to router ?

Open command prompt and write "ip config/all" to see all ip addresses on your pc / second pc.

Check ip address of your pc network adapter or adapters (if you have more than one).

I think that usb network adapter is problem because it doesn't appear in network connections page.
There must be some kind of conflict.

If you have two or more computers than each pc need different static ip address.
And ports in router need to be routed (assigned) to specific pc.
wrestling3 wrote:I have tried turning off the firewall and then trying emule, it does not help the ID.

I believe I have the usb network card plugged in, but it does not appear on my network connections page.

Merkabah
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by Merkabah » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:15 am

Hi, i used to get low id on emule for like years until one day i decided to play around with settings. Tools ===> emule first time run wizard===>next===> leave your alias as is no ticks===>next leave tcp and udp===> click===>Use UpnP to setup Ports. you must let pc fully boot and settle before starting emule and once you use UpnP to setup Ports
it will say succesfull or fail if fail exit emule let pc sit bit longer then redo it again and hopefully it should work everytime like it does for me. i have same isp since low id for years. hope it helps I used norton internet security and check firewall allows access to program on windows and norton firewall. No more low id for me ever :). i used to get max 3-4 kbs now max total is almost 1mbs (cable)not saying this is what you will get, it will increase heaps.

Return to “Technical Support & Discussion”