Still safe to use Windows 7?

Your computer feeling a lot slower lately? That new program you installed not working? Can't convert a specific file? Looking to buy a new hard drive or dvd writer? Would like some recommendations? Firewalls, latest threats and general P2P security issues are here also.
bjorn j
Donator
Donator

Still safe to use Windows 7?

Post by bjorn j »

So as we all know Windows 7 users don't get any more updates now. I really don't know what to do now, my Win 7 PC working just fine and I want to keep it running, but is it really that dangerous to do so? It all keep saying "now you won't get any more updates, you are now more vulnerable to threats to your PC, even if you got all kinds of anti virus program installed."

I guess I'm ready to install Win 10, and I think I know how to do so :? but still worried all will be messed up and my PC just wont work anymore.

So to you who still running Win 7, can you hold on to it and is it really that much of a security risk to not install Win 10?

I have Win 7 Home 64 bit, Chrome and Norton Internet Security

Thanks in advance... :-|

patroc
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Re: Still safe to use Windows 7?

Post by patroc »

be sure to back up your windows 7 audio drivers .. they are the only thing i have found that 10 din't have .. no sound at all ..

^Rogue^

Re: Still safe to use Windows 7?

Post by ^Rogue^ »

I still use Win7, you're going to be fine for the time being. :)

Return to “Technical Support & Discussion”