Urgent need help Crashed Emule drive directory question?

Your computer feeling a lot slower lately? That new program you installed not working? Can't convert a specific file? Looking to buy a new hard drive or dvd writer? Would like some recommendations? Firewalls, latest threats and general P2P security issues are here also.
Bohanna

Urgent need help Crashed Emule drive directory question?

Post by Bohanna »

Hi all I downloaded something off an emule search and when I tried to OPEN it nothing happened,,, and from that point on my separate storage drive no longer shows up. It does shows up in disk manager as being uninitialized in the computer but not on the desktop so it can see it but not access it. I took it out and put it into an external bay and I get the usual identifying "baboop" sound when I plug it in but it still doesn't show up so I'm guessing that the file I downloaded had some sort of a blocking virus in it that corrupts and or hides it. I have tried several recovery programs hoping that I could recover the files but they show up WITHOUT names. Has anybody had this type of problem in the past and if so are their any recovery programs that actually show the original file names or rebuild the MBR so it reads as its supposed to. I have tried diskchk but I can't check it since it can't read it. The ONLY way I can access the drive is through a recovery program so I know the files are there and I have recovered a lot of them and they play but they don't have names so its a hodgepodge. Also does anybody know any programs like regrun that allows me to lock the MBR or access path on the external hard drive that prevents it from being altered without sending off a some sort of a blocking flag like many anti-virus programs do? My guess is the virus put some sort of a file on the drive that blocks it and makes you need to reformat it and lose all the data on it. Many MANY thanks in advance. Bohanna
For the record the file I found was NOT from this board. It was found through the file search in the emule program itself.

Lt_Kettch
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Re: Urgent need help Crashed Emule drive directory question?

Post by Lt_Kettch »

I used R-Studio for file recovery in the past, worked really good for me and it sounds like it will get the job done for you aswell.

I got it from here: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=229253&p=1308767

Bohanna

Post by Bohanna »

Lt_Kettch wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:30 pm I used R-Studio for file recovery in the past, worked really good for me and it sounds like it will get the job done for you aswell.

I got it from here: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=229253&p=1308767
Thanks will give it a try

Lee1001
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by Lee1001 »

I've a slightly different mule problem, I'm on iMac and it now refuses aMule as it's a 32-bit program, and there's no working replacement for it.

momijigari
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Post by momijigari »

Lee1001 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:52 am I've a slightly different mule problem, I'm on iMac and it now refuses aMule as it's a 32-bit program, and there's no working replacement for it.
aMule community builds are 64bit but the ed2kHelperScript isn't. The latter is just AppleScript, so easily fixed. The bug tracker is linked from the side menu on the mail aMule site, it's currently the first unassigned report, titled ed2kHelperScript.app needs to be updated.
URL is http://bugs.amul- e.org/view.php?id=1803

Lee1001
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by Lee1001 »

I've tried every possible solution nothing works, just hope aMule updates to 64-bits.

Return to “Technical Support & Discussion”