Which VPN service to hide your IP address?

Your computer feeling a lot slower lately? That new program you installed not working? Can't convert a specific file? Looking to buy a new hard drive or dvd writer? Would like some recommendations? Firewalls, latest threats and general P2P security issues are here also.
gumtree

Which VPN service to hide your IP address?

Post by gumtree » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:54 am

Which VPN service to hide your IP address? I just got a Copyright infringement email. A use Emule V0.50a for file sharing. Or any other way to not get another email or worse. Been doing 14 years never got letter before, thanks for help in advance.

gumtree

Re: Which VPN service to hide your IP address?

Post by gumtree » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:56 am

Well I am giving IPVanish a go at $10 a month, just got running and re started eEmule. All looks to be working, still interested in learned more on the topic and VPN service software experience. What I have found of the topic seems old info.

nursemorph
Donator
Donator

Post by nursemorph » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:13 am

Halfway down the forum section this topic is in, there is a topic entitled "VPN"...members have listed a few choices in there but, as you say, it's a year or two old. Personally, I just use PeerBlock (it's an IP blocking program) and I haven't got a CI email since using it (started using it when I got an email and only other time I got another email was when I downloaded something without Peerblock running)...only downside is it blocks a lot of legitimate IP's (creates havoc when I'm trying to complete online surveys, visit websites etc) but it's a small price to pay for the amount I download. It has 2 versions: Free and Premium with the Premium only costing $5 a year.

As for VPN's, I'm not an expert but I usually start with searching for "top VPNs of 2018" or something similar then start looking further into them...however, Wikipedia does have some good information about them and would be a good place to start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_p ... N_services
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compariso ... k_services

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:29 am

Return to “Technical Support & Discussion”