Looking for a new MP3 player

Your computer feeling a lot slower lately? That new program you installed not working? Can't convert a specific file? Looking to buy a new hard drive or dvd writer? Would like some recommendations? Firewalls, latest threats and general P2P security issues are here also.
bjorn j
Donator
Donator

Looking for a new MP3 player

Post by bjorn j » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi there,

After 11 years my dear iriver T30 MP3 player finally giving up... It works but the volume is not the best, no matter if you have it on max, still not as loud as it use to be, so you cant really enjoy your music anymore...

So, a new MP3 player should be easy to find, right? Well, have been looking around, and for the first, iriver seems to not exist anymore, at least they dont make new MP3 players. And I am not familiar with these iPods , do they even play mp3 files?

I simply want a great MP3 player.

Sony Walkman seems to be the only option here, there is not much more when it comes to MP3 players nowadays, or am I wrong? However, have been reading some reviews on Walkmans, different models, and the funny thing is, they say "but low volume", "cant listen to your music loud"... So I wont take a chance on buying a Walkman if thats the case!

So any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Mandi329

Re: Looking for a new MP3 player

Post by Mandi329 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:17 am

I'm a faithful Sandisk Sansa fan. e270. Had it since college and really love it.
I don't know about the volume (comparing it to other mp3 players), but maybe doing the headphones that cover your ear might help? Instead of the buds/clips type.
If someone has a better option, I'd love to hear it also. It seems like everyone just uses their phone for music now.
#kidsthesedays
:)

dikbozo
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by dikbozo » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:14 am

Hello:
I have had two Sansa E200 players for quite some time now(probably around 10 years). I have them loaded with different music and occasionally an audio book. They have been quite excellent. The first one I literally tripped over. I was unable to find a charge cable for it so I purchased a second one and the devices have worked flawlessly since. Playing time runs about 24 hours or so per charge and the retention time of the charge is extremely long, into the months. I see these are still available on ebay, some even with the charge cable, which due to its proprietary connector is difficult to find on its own. I have happily used Rockbox firmware on them for almost the entire time as the default firmware kinda sux. I also like the simplicity of having a micro SD slot on each player as this allows for reasonably quick swapping of audio files. The internal battery is easily replaceable and as they use standard batteries they do seem to be still available (the screws that hold the metal back on are quite small and easily lost but pose no difficulty for removal or replacement). The case is quite solid and mostly metal. I am clumsy and have dropped mine both more than I should.

My second choice would be almost any of the Cowon iAudio players. These are very well made but tend to be expensive.

bjorn j
Donator
Donator

Post by bjorn j » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:34 pm

Thanks for the replies, I have looked into one of these Cowon iAudio players, and you also mention it, so I guess I will give it a try... 8-)

Return to “Technical Support & Discussion”