Recover Windows 10 User password

Your computer feeling a lot slower lately? That new program you installed not working? Can't convert a specific file? Looking to buy a new hard drive or dvd writer? Would like some recommendations? Firewalls, latest threats and general P2P security issues are here also.
vanbursta
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Recover Windows 10 User password

Post by vanbursta » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:37 pm

Is there any way to recover (or reset) a Windows 10 user password by booting from UEFI BIOS? I have tried setting the boot to CMS and it doesn't recognize the HDD so that doesn't work, also tried setting the HDD to IDE, - that doesn't work either, tried booting into CMD prompt, but Windows is asking for the user password before it will let me get to CMD, the only software I have found is PCunlocker (installed as boot using Rufus) but I only need to access 1 PC and it's way to expensive for that.

Will-I-Am
Donator
Donator

Re: Recover Windows 10 User password

Post by Will-I-Am » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:58 pm

This could work (Ultimate Boot CD):
Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor
http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/
This is a utility to reset the password of any user that has a valid local account on your Windows system.
Supports all Windows from NT3.5 to Win8.1, also 64 bit and also the Server versions (like 2003, 2008, 2012)
You do not need to know the old password to set a new one.
It works offline, that is, you have to shutdown your computer and boot off a CD or USB disk to do the password reset.
Also
Resetting Windows Password | HBCD Fan & Discussion Platform
http://www.hirensbootcd.org/resetting-windows-password/

Will-I-Am
Donator
Donator

Post by Will-I-Am » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:41 pm

vanbursta
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by vanbursta » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:48 am

Thank you. The problem is though that the PC has a UEFI BIOS (and therefore UEFI boot). Nothing I have tried works as most utilities don't support UEFI, If I set it back to normal BIOS boot then the PC won't boot and I can't access the partition as it is locked, so it must be done under UEFI.

Return to “Technical Support & Discussion”