What game console is best for games from STF?

Your computer feeling a lot slower lately? That new program you installed not working? Can't convert a specific file? Looking to buy a new hard drive or dvd writer? Would like some recommendations? Firewalls, latest threats and general P2P security issues are here also.
raffe
Donator
Donator

What game console is best for games from STF?

Post by raffe » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:28 am

Hi!

My child is now big enough to force me to buy a new game console to the family. I have never used one, I use Steam on my PC, and I think it would be nice if I can download and use games from STF on it.

But what console is easiest to use with "alternative" ;-) games that you can download from here? In my days I have "persuaded" DVD players to be able to read all regions, often by reflashing them or using hidden menus, but how this is done with consoles is a little shady. I have Googled some about how to "bring them to senses", and some say Playstation 4 and Xbox One can be jailbreaked. But here I can only see games for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

Should I buy Xbox, Playstation or Wii? Or maybe a older Xbox 360 or PLaystation 3 that seems to have many games here?

Please advice a noob

deadbodyman

Re: What game console is best for games from STF?

Post by deadbodyman » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:59 pm

Just to let you know, anything you get for any "console" here will require modded machine... whether it be a chip mod (where you solder chips) or a soft mod where you can use software through memory cards and/or flashing the drive of an Xbox360, for example.
Really depends on what you would like to play and how much time and effort and everything like money for disks and more. ;)
Easiest in my opinion will most likely be PS2, but 360 has better games.
Again, would he be happy with old PS2 games? Then again, they do have some of the best games ever. :)

Elmojo

Post by Elmojo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:04 am

I've had good success with my Wii (with mod chip) and an external drive. It's been years since I set it up, so I can't even remember the details, but like dbm says, it requires opening the console to install a chip to do it right, regardless of which console you go with.

deadbodyman

Post by deadbodyman » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:26 am

However, soft mod like for PS2, PSP, XBox 360, GameCube, Wii, DS, 3DS.... can all be modded with no opening of the hardware.
All you need are memory cards that you use and if you remove them, it will still remain stock. :)

Errr... except, 360. That requires flashing your game DVD drive. But it still plays stock games as well. ;)

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:06 am

Thanks for the answers! I will try to read even more about this, but it is easier when I now have some real life info from you. But I may come back for some moral support ;-)

Return to “Technical Support & Discussion”