Missing OS

Your computer feeling a lot slower lately? That new program you installed not working? Can't convert a specific file? Looking to buy a new hard drive or dvd writer? Would like some recommendations? Firewalls, latest threats and general P2P security issues are here also.
Midgar
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Missing OS

Post by Midgar » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:04 pm

So here's the problem, I asked a family member to wipe/format my D drive. On bootup it says I'm missing an operating system. My C drive still has the OS but based on what I googled I may have wiped my "master boot record" which happened to be on D drive.

I know I had Windows 7 64 bit, not sure which version but I think it was Ultimate. Anyways I don't have the CD so I'd need someone to kindly direct me towards the ISO I'd need so I can toss it on a USB to repair my master boot record, thanks.

Will-I-Am
Donator
Donator

Re: Missing OS

Post by Will-I-Am » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:14 pm

Microsoft.Windows.7.AIO.SP1.x86_x64.ENG.[March.2011]-rojas - sharethefiles.com
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=191832&p=1171896&h ... +#p1171896

Corky34

Post by Corky34 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Could try using MBRFix if you're comfortable using a command prompt.
If not give Partition Wizard a try.

Midgar
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by Midgar » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Downloading using EMule will take 3 years. Will try the partition manager thanks otherwise it's back to googling for the ISO.

Midgar
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by Midgar » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:49 am

So I managed to boot Windows 7 off a USB and I select x64 recovery mode. I hit next, repair your computer. On system recovery options it doesn't show an operating system but if I hit "load drivers" I can clearly see that it has one. The odd part is that it shows all my stuff on D drive when it's suppose to be on C drive?

Anyways I tried startup repair, didn't work so I went into command prompt and tried bootrec.exe /fixmbr

It said operation was successful but my PC still won't boot normally without the USB. Any ideas? One other odd thing is that command prompt starts out with x:\sources

Another thing it shows C drive as the one with my OS or stuff on it if I boot using Windows Setup instead of x64 recovery mode.

Not really sure which I should be using

Midgar
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by Midgar » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:11 am

I finally fixed it by doing this:

I have another problem though, originally this was a legit version of windows but I used a pirated windows ISO that was linke dearlier in the thread to create the MBR. Now I get this:

How do I fix this? Do I need the original CD or serial key or what?

Corky34

Post by Corky34 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:50 am

Glad to see you fixed it, re: the deactivation, if you still have your original serial key you should be able to reactivate in the normal manner but TBH I'm not to sure as i normally use Windows.7.Loader

Return to “Technical Support & Discussion”