How do you manually block a specific user in eMule

Your computer feeling a lot slower lately? That new program you installed not working? Can't convert a specific file? Looking to buy a new hard drive or dvd writer? Would like some recommendations? Firewalls, latest threats and general P2P security issues are here also.
Jorax

How do you manually block a specific user in eMule

Post by Jorax » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:58 pm

I understand how to use IP Filters, and add new specific IP addresses or ranges of addresses to my IP Filter list, that isn't the problem. There seems to be one specific user that keeps connecting and sending me chunks, but all I wind up with are corrupt part messages. I'm under the impression it's a dummy account and a dummy file for some tracking organization and I'd like to keep them from connecting to my eMule for any other files in the future. I started the 18.62GB file and was up at 18.53GB within 2 days (so it's obviously a widely popular title), but has never been seen complete (it's been a month in my queue now) and only get corrupt sends from that same user since then (no one else seems to have any more of the file, hence my assumption the complete file doesn't exist).

I right click on the sender and get details, which gives me a hash. The hash is always exactly the same, and I'm assuming corresponds to the same sender, especially since Identification is successful. (Name, Software...etc are all the same as well). I don't know how to convert the hash I'm being provided that seems to indicate the specific aMule user so that I can block them from connecting to my eMule. Or is that not the way to identify a user? Any suggestions?

hrmwrm

Re: How do you manually block a specific user in eMule

Post by hrmwrm » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:49 am

the emule i use gives me the ip/port of the user in details. that can then be put into the filter to stop connection to them. i think most mods have this. (stulle, morph, etc)
but if the file is never seen complete, then stopping the corrupt parts still won't finish it.

Jorax

Post by Jorax » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:41 pm

I just use the basic eMule v0.50a. It gives me the IP of the server the user is on...I didn't notice that the first time, and I wound up blocking TVU thinking it was the user. I don't know what "Identification" refers to (since eMule itself doesn't require login/password to connect) or "Hash"...but I assume it relates to the specific user on the server they're connected to.

I already have MAME .96 anyway, if there are updates I'm missing, I can get them from another source, so I just stopped trying to download that single massive file. But if the user is some type of enforcement agency, I don't want to be tracked by them on other files either, hence the desire to block them permanently.

hrmwrm

Post by hrmwrm » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:02 pm

see, you can see here where i get a user ip and port. i've erased most of the numbers, but you get what i mean. top left, in details.
as i said, there are a few mods that have it.

Jorax

Post by Jorax » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:50 pm

Client IP, Port, and country aren't provided in the basic eMule. I guess I'll have to get a mod. Thank you for your assistance.

Return to “Technical Support & Discussion”