subscibed to topics i didn't sub to

Your computer feeling a lot slower lately? That new program you installed not working? Can't convert a specific file? Looking to buy a new hard drive or dvd writer? Would like some recommendations? Firewalls, latest threats and general P2P security issues are here also.
eccentric-eric
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

subscibed to topics i didn't sub to

Post by eccentric-eric » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:15 pm

I am subscribed to several tv show threads that i have no interest in and did not subscribe too. how does this happen? am i hacked. The newest one today is "Adventure Time With Finn And Jake - S1-10 *AiRiNG"

raffe
Donator
Donator

Re: subscibed to topics i didn't sub to

Post by raffe » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:59 pm

eccentric-eric
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by eccentric-eric » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:05 am

I unsubscribed from the unwanted ones so i don't see them there anymore. Just lots of stuff I subscribed too.

jmoney20
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by jmoney20 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:53 pm

I keep receiving notifications I never subscribed to, but somehow got added to my list...They pop up out of nowhere

eccentric-eric
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by eccentric-eric » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:29 pm

just got an email for an update for "Mrs Brown's Boys". I never subbed to that one either.

vinny939

Post by vinny939 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:43 pm

Same here I have had about 5 diff ones so far, the latest being ma browns boys

Jorax

Post by Jorax » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:21 am

I've noticed a few shows I never bookmarked were in my list of bookmarks the last few weeks as well. Mrs Browns Boys was one of them (though, that one I actually gave a try, so it's still in my bookmarks now). I doubt it has anything to do with hacking. It's probably a matter of changes made to the STF database, the index number may have changed for a few shows or something.... I assume some show I had bookmarked got swapped with one I never loaded before. Seems quite reasonable considering it's the same show Eccentric-eric had added to his list. There was some show about trucks in snow a while back, and yeah, some really young children's show recently...was probably that Adventure Time one mentioned in the first post. My biggest concern is what was most likely swapped out of my bookmark list...it's easy enough to remove the unwanted additions. But it's only been like 5-10 shows grand total, so not a huge loss.

pinguim
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by pinguim » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:08 pm

I too have received emails about topics I never subscribed. Like a half a dozen.

I thought someone had my password, but I changed it and the situation is the same, received another email about a topic I never subscribed.

The_Exnor

Post by The_Exnor » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:12 pm

Same situation here... getting subscribed to random threads of series and receiving the notification every time a new post is made.

Last ones were from iCarly and Gold Rush. Never even open this series thread.

Return to “Technical Support & Discussion”