Error: the file known 2_64.met is corrupted, unable to load known files

Your computer feeling a lot slower lately? That new program you installed not working? Can't convert a specific file? Looking to buy a new hard drive or dvd writer? Would like some recommendations? Firewalls, latest threats and general P2P security issues are here also.
hardhawk

Error: the file known 2_64.met is corrupted, unable to load known files

Post by hardhawk » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:20 am

I am sharing over 12.000 titles on my server and suddenly is about a month now emule is keep rehashing known files and telling me 2_64.met is corrupted.

The problem rising from this is that it rehash none stop known files and when one file is downloaded does not finish the hashing of it so it keep it green in the download area but does not put it as a finished file in the INCOMING directory and I must close and reopen the emule in order to finish hashing the files.

I can not find the met file any where to correct it and the other solution is just not to share files which is a shame and defeating the objective of sharing. In my server there are tittles of old hard to get TV series as well movies since I have almost all movies and TV series ever the ShareTheFiles posted and was worth downloading.

Any suggestions?

Edit:
If any one is interested or had the same problem I found with emule, meaning the 264.met to be corrupting constantly and put the emule in a loop hashing all files and corrupting them, the solution finaly I found is emule extreme. Just download the zip file and unzip it directly in your emule folder replacing all files with the new ones. Problem solved.

TSM

Re: Error: the file known 2_64.met is corrupted, unable to load known files

Post by TSM » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:35 am

Most servers have a limit as to the number of files you can share. It varies but usually hovers around 1500. I only share what is currently airing and keep a lookout for special requests. (I have 12 Tb of files but I am sharing just shy of 1,000 files at the moment)

It may be a space issue where you keep you config directory... Usually dive 'C'.

edit:
I think Che recently upped the limit on TVU to 2500.

Here is a link that 'losely' explains it.

https://forum.emule-project.net/index.p ... pic=155900

hrmwrm

Re: Error: the file known 2_64.met is corrupted, unable to load known files

Post by hrmwrm » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:20 am

in emule, go to options/extended and scroll down to safe met/dat file writing and click on always.

Return to “Technical Support & Discussion”