Problems with the board? Trouble signing in? Report here!

New User? Read This Forum First! Latest site updates here also.

Ads are back. No redirecting ad though. Make sure you report any issues.

vinny939
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Re: Problems with the board? Trouble signing in? Report here!

Post by vinny939 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:51 am

everytime I go to log in now I got a box up with this message "https://sharethefiles.com is requesting your username and password."is this an updated log in? or some sort of error as it kinda threw me for a while. I get this no matter what browser I use or even if I use a vpn

Namarie
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by Namarie » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:54 pm

It's still there, wonder how many can't find the password to login. :}

Searcher
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by Searcher » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:09 pm

I can't see the full box in Chrome, where it says the user- and passwords. Only in Firefox. So I was a bit eh? about what to do until I tried the latter browser. It shouldn't be a local prob since I tried in Incognito mode first with all extensions off.

gumtree

Post by gumtree » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:26 pm

G-day everyone, had some trouble getting into the site last couple days. I learned of the user- and password from the Emule Chat group, Thanks for all your hard work, appreciate everything done to keep this site as great as it is. Yes I panic every time the site is down, especial when a show I know should be available, but I understand maintenance is a on going thing with a site as active as this one, thanks again.

l2l0t
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by l2l0t » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:22 am

Had me sweating bullets for a while, too. Thanks for keeping the site alive.

Tauros_81

Post by Tauros_81 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:20 am

The browser i'm using didn't display the message at all (Brave). I learned the login/pass from TV Undergroung.

Anyways, glad you're back.

You guys really should have an alternative means of communication for when the forum is down, like a Minds or GAB account.

MrX
Donator
Donator

Post by MrX » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:43 pm

I agree with Tauros - I never know where to find out what's going on when the site goes down, so any pointers would be appreciated.

momijigari
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Post by momijigari » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:11 am

MrX wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:43 pm
I agree with Tauros - I never know where to find out what's going on when the site goes down, so any pointers would be appreciated.
The forum was only down for a matter of hours due to high loads, otherwise it has been up all along, provided you entered the user/password explicitly available in the extra login-window..... This was also mentioned in chat.

Not sure how much more we could have pointed. :)

dannalboon

Post by dannalboon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:14 am

momijigari wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:11 am
MrX wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:43 pm
The forum was only down for a matter of hours due to high loads, otherwise it has been up all along, provided you entered the user/password explicitly available in the extra login-window..... This was also mentioned in chat.

Not sure how much more we could have pointed. :)
Apparently more pointing was needed. I couldn't access the forum until just now. Whenever I was asked to enter my username and password it told me they were incorrect and asked again. Deleting cookies, cache, etc didn't work either. Anyway, whatever happened appears to have been resolved and I'm back lol

----
Ahem, the extra user/password everyone had to enter, and might have to enter again if the issues comes back, were not YOUR account l/p.
As stated in my post (and in chat) the user/password were explicitly available in the dialogue in the extra login-window. The same user/password for everyone in this forum. Entering your own l/p in that extra login-window would of course result in "incorrect", and deleting cookies, cache, etc, would have no effect. ~momijigari

nursemorph
Donator
Donator

Post by nursemorph » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:12 am

I couldn't access the site for nearly 2 days as I didn't realise that the login box was also showing the username and password needed (only found it out by doing a search and finding out from the board at emule site...though, for me personally, I am used to this as, for some reason, I have been having trouble accessing the site for several months and have to use a proxy etc for some unknown reason (just happened suddenly one day). Anyway, I agree that a page on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit or something along those lines would be helpful for times when the site is down and/or when us users aren't awake/aware enough to work things out. Regardless, keep up the good work everyone.

Edit: Interesting...whatever the issue was, the recent downtime has resolved my access issues and I no longer need a proxy to access the site..very strange but welcome news

GaspingSpark
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by GaspingSpark » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:02 pm

After hearing about the hint, I tested several browsers and the password hint only shows up in Firefox and derivatives. In Chromium based browsers like Chrome, Opera, and Vivaldi they only show the URL and ask for a username and password (no hint). Microsoft Edge doesn't even prompt for a password, it goes straight to the "Unauthorized Access" page.

I use Opera or Vivaldi on this site. I wasn't even aware there was a hint. Locked out for days. :(

Too many phishing sites were using that message to trick users, some browsers have decided to stop displaying it.

Shish
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by Shish » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:43 pm

Well, I never managed to figure out what the login problem was and could not find any answers in the (wrong) places I was looking. It seemed like it was down for weeks, I thought you were maybe gone permanently which was a real sad experience. Yesterday I tried the site with the same expectation that it would need some weird login details that I didn't have. Imagine my surprise when the site was back! I am overjoyed!

Keep up all the good work you do, and if I'm honest I think I take all this for granted and didn't realise until it disappeared.

----
Welcome back, and thanks for appreciating STF.
But the site hasn't been away.
However, due to issues we've had a server login every now and then (besides your regular login) to be able to keep the site up.
The l/p for the extra login is available in the login window itself, as that is the same for every user.
If they won't display for you, try using another browser.
Spoiler: Toggle

When or if the issues comes back, so will the extra login.
~momijigari

Return to “Announcements”