Please report bugs/suggestions here

New User? Read This Forum First! Latest site updates here also.

Ads are back. No redirecting ad though. Make sure you report any issues.

vanbursta
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Re: Please report bugs/suggestions here

Post by vanbursta » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:31 pm

Please could you change the colour of either unread or read forums, I am colour blind and I can't tell which forums I have marked as read and which I haven't. I am told they are light blue and grey, but they look identical to me. The old scheme was 2 different colours, and whilst I couldn't tell what colours they were, I could tell them apart.

walkjp1
Donator
Donator

Post by walkjp1 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:30 am

Now - The Following- seems to have disappeared again. do not see it in the A-Z list either.

walkjp1 wrote:Glad I found your post, was having the same problem. And I have not been getting emails about this series, or many others I follow.
momijigari wrote:
Warrio_r wrote:Can someone please tell me what happen to "the The Following" Tv Series not showing anywhere on this site ?!
It is definitely showing in the A-Z index: azlists.php
(TV ---> Running / Returning Series ---> F ---> The Following)

You can also search for it using the IMDb #.
You can also bookmark or subscribe to the topic, which makes it available in your bookmarked or subscribed topics in your portal user menu.

And no, not finding it using the title in search is not a glitch.
It is not possible to search for MySQL stopwords. Here's the list:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/ ... words.html

momijigari
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Post by momijigari » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:23 pm

What on earth do you mean by "disappeared again"?
It has not "disappeared", nor has it ever "disappeared".
It's not as if topics wanders off on their own from time to time. :crazy

As already stated above, it is not (nor has it ever been) possible to search for MySQL stopwords.
One of the MySQL stopwords is "following".
For a list of the MySQL stopwords, see my post above, as well as in all three quotes (including the one in your post).

As already stated above, "The Following" is available in the A-Z index list, as all TV-series topics are.
And as "The Following" isn't Animated or Non-Scripted or Foreign Language, there are logically only two possible sections it can be located in.
The only two sections a scripted TV-series can be located in are: "Running / Returning Series", and "Completed / Cancelled Series".
Please check both if you have no idea if the TV-series you are looking for is running, or has been cancelled.
Spoiler: Toggle

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:52 am

One suggestion.

Hi! Now that we have the nice "Say Thanks to the author of the post" feature in STF forum:

Maybe we should also activate it in the Portal > Board index > Help & Discussion > threads? Like P2P Support & Discussion etc.

Then we can thank people who post and help there :-)

Thanks for all the work all of you all do here!

-----
The Discussion-sections are meant for discussing stuff.
Subscription emails, users expecting links, etc, isn't an issue there.
And people taking the time to give support, are usually interested to know what (if anything) they recommended worked, ie a reply, which may also include words of appreciation. Users clicking "thanks" instead of actually replying to those giving support would defeat the purpose of having Discussion-sections.

Edit:
And just to be absolutely clear, since it seems a handful of users are misunderstanding this feature:
It is not, in any way, a "karma"-extension replacement.

It is to be used instead of posting a "thanks".
Posting both a "thanks"-comment, and clicking the "thanks"-button counts as double-posting, ie spamming.
Both actions says "thanks", and both actions sends out subscription emails.
~momijigari

walkjp1
Donator
Donator

Post by walkjp1 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:19 am

Maybe this has already been addressed, but I do not see it. But I am having a problem of not getting notifications. For Instance. I will subscribe to a topic, and for several weeks, or months I will receive notifications when the topic is updated. Then I after a while I will stop receiving notifications. Today I noticed that I have not downloaded the last three episodes of "Strike Back" because I did not receive a notification, and had no idea that they had been posted. Any suggestions please?

----
Yes, it has been addressed: when you asked a week ago in another topic.
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=259037#p1509491
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=259037#p1509599
Please read the information there.
~momijigari

deadbodyman

Post by deadbodyman » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:28 am

Maybe the info there is correct, but if someone does not check their email notification, they will not receive another until they have read the first notification/visited the topic "here".
If you read the email carefully, you will see that it will be the only one sent until you visit the topic here at STF. ;)

walkjp1
Donator
Donator

Post by walkjp1 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:31 am

That information was not helpful, so I thought I would post it here in the bug fix forum as it seems to be the proper place. I always check the emails I get, so I should be notified of any new postings. I just seem to not be getting the notifications for some reason after a while.

walkjp1 wrote:Maybe this has already been addressed, but I do not see it. But I am having a problem of not getting notifications. For Instance. I will subscribe to a topic, and for several weeks, or months I will receive notifications when the topic is updated. Then I after a while I will stop receiving notifications. Today I noticed that I have not downloaded the last three episodes of "Strike Back" because I did not receive a notification, and had no idea that they had been posted. Any suggestions please?

----
Yes, it has been addressed: when you asked a week ago in another topic.
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=259037#p1509491
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=259037#p1509599
Please read the information there.
~momijigari
----
Thousands of subscription emails are sent out every week, so it is clearly working on STF's end.
If you are 100% sure you actually are subscribed to the topics you are interested in, and you have checked the correct boxes in the new notification options, then the only suggestions left are the standard stuff: check your email, check spam, try another email provider, etc. If you still have issues, please post in Tech Support instead.
~momijigari

Will-I-Am
Donator
Donator

Post by Will-I-Am » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:25 pm

I Noticed in "Viewing profile - Will-I-Am" that "WEBSITE" button is not there anymore, among other things.
If I list Members I see some have listed a Web site, what up?

----
Check again.
What started out as an ongoing project to remove unwanted website-links (such as spam, DDL, commercial sites, and other filesharing sites) was made a whole lot simpler and faster by the "other members has..." comment in your PM (which you would have received a reply to now, if you hadn't decided to post the same msg here too). Now no one has the website field in their profile (among other things).

Speaking of "other members": it has always been STF policy that color code is used for posting links, and by moderators and administrators for comments. All regular users who frequently uses it in non-link posts are asked to stop (it's even referred to in the board rules). So whether or not you have been asked before, or have been overlooked for some reason, please stop now.
~momijigari

Robbo7
Donator
Donator

Post by Robbo7 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:39 pm

Any chance of getting the A-Z List view back? It was a great resource.

----
It still is, I use it every day.
Just bookmark the link, as it is available in this very topic (my post from May 02, and in several quotes and comments).
It is also available on top of the "Running / Returning Series" section.
(Until the tech admin has added the button back for the umptienth time, as every phpBB update removes it.)
~momijigari

Robbo7
Donator
Donator

Post by Robbo7 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:07 am

momijigari wrote:It is definitely showing in the A-Z index: azlists.php
(TV ---> Running / Returning Series ---> F ---> The Following)

You can also search for it using the IMDb #.
You can also bookmark or subscribe to the topic, which makes it available in your bookmarked or subscribed topics in your portal user menu.

And no, not finding it using the title in search is not a glitch.
It is not possible to search for MySQL stopwords. Here's the list:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/ ... words.html
Just realized that you have solved my issue, a long time ago too, and I didn't check because I did not see any new posts in this topic. There is no "Thank you" option in this topic, so I figured that this couldn't hurt. Although it will probably just give you more useless shit to read. I wanted to thank you properly. For this, which I appreciate very much, I missed my lists. And for all the work you do around here to keep this place organized and sane. Those who had their posts cleaned up do not always appreciate it, but we do. So thanks very much for all that too. Cheers momijigari. :clap :clap :D

Will-I-Am
Donator
Donator

Post by Will-I-Am » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Well I'll be ... After 30 days...
Hotmail gave in.
Received Subscription Notifications for Oct. 5th. :D

Let's see how long that will last.

CheGuevara
The Governor
The Governor

Post by CheGuevara » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:37 pm

I have adjusted something, let me know if anything changes.

tono
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by tono » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:56 pm

Don't know where to post this, but how can I donate some $ ?

momijigari
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Post by momijigari » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:26 pm

tono wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:56 pm
Don't know where to post this, but how can I donate some $ ?
Please read the global announcement "Donations". :)
(It is available in this section, as well as on top of all other sections).

tono
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by tono » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:49 pm

As I understand it, I'm supposed to send a private message to CheGuevara to get details, however I'm not allowed to send a private message being that I never post anything

momijigari
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Post by momijigari » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:37 pm

tono wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:49 pm
As I understand it, I'm supposed to send a private message to CheGuevara to get details, however I'm not allowed to send a private message being that I never post anything
Indeed.
It's to filter out spam accounts, but I manually changed your user group.
You should be able to send PM now.

olliebears

Post by olliebears » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:49 pm

This is the first time the site has loaded since end of May. I have been getting webpage cannot be displayed. Tried on various platforms and various tablets/laptops etc. Just been away for three days, came home, booted up my Router and page loaded after a few seconds. Second time this has happened but not sure why it only this website. My ISP says they are not blocking it in anyway. Any suggestions while I can still access?

Mimic
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by Mimic » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:26 pm

olliebears wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:49 pm
This is the first time the site has loaded since end of May. I have been getting webpage cannot be displayed. Tried on various platforms and various tablets/laptops etc. Just been away for three days, came home, booted up my Router and page loaded after a few seconds. Second time this has happened but not sure why it only this website. My ISP says they are not blocking it in anyway. Any suggestions while I can still access?
Did you try deleting your browsers cache?
I had a log-in issue in May (I think around that time), but deleting cookies and cache fixed it. I was using firefox.

But considering you tried different platforms (and i assume browsers), the only commonality seems to be your router. Not an expert, so have no idea if a router can cause this kind of problem.

olliebears

Post by olliebears » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:23 pm

Just a query, If a topic is "locked" Subscribing to that topic does not produce notifications. Is this correct?

Depends on what exactly the question is. :?
If it is: Does it produce notifications? Then yes, all topic or forum subscriptions produces notifications if you've configured that in your UCP.
If it is: Even though you've configured notifications correctly in your UCP you don't get any notifications, then no.
~momijigari

olliebears

Post by olliebears » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:23 am

Thanks, I have rechecked my UCP and will now see if I get notifications from the locked topics I have subscribed to.

Return to “Announcements”