Lord Anubis RIP

Some threads are just too funny and deserve their place in the history of STF. Others remind us of sad times and others simply are a part of history of the site. Here is a collection of some of these.
Tantrik

Post by Tantrik » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:33 am

you'll be missed, RIP L.A.

TomDoe

Farewell.Lord_Anubis.and.p2p nfo

Post by TomDoe » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:58 am

Code: Select all

███                                                  
                         ██■■■█                                                 
                        █■■■■■███                                               
                       █■■■■■■■███                                              
                        ██■■■■■■■■█                                             
                        ██■■■■■■■■███                                           
                         ██■■■■■■■■■■██                                         
                           ██■■■■■■■■■███                                       
                             ████■■■■■■■███                                     
                                 █████■■■■■█                          ███████   
    ██████                            ███████                     █████■■■■■██  
  ███                                                         █████■■■■■■■■■■█  
 ██████    ██  ██  █████  ████                      █████    █■■■■■■■■■██████   
    ████   ██  ██ ██  ██ ██  ███ ███████ ██  █   █  ██  ███   █████████         
      ███  █████  ██████ ██   ██ ██   ██  █  █  ██ ██                           
       ██  █  ██ ██   █  ██    █ ██   ██  ██ ██ ██ ██       █████               
        █ ██  ██ █    █  ██   ██ ██   ██  ██ ██ █  ██      ██  ██  █████        
        █ ██  ██ █    █  █   ██   █   █   ██ ██ █  ██      ██████ ███    ██████ 
       █  ██  ██ █   ██  █  ██    █  █     ██ ██    ██     █   ██    ███ █ ██ █ 
      █       █      ██ ████       ██      █  █      ██    █   ██      █    █   
                                                       ███  █  ██      █    █   
                                                                      ██    █   
                                                                     █     ■█   
             ____________________Sadly presents___________________              
           :▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀:            
           │                                                       │            
           │             Farewell.Lord_Anubis.and.p2p              │            
           │_______________________________________________________│              
           ├▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀┤            
           └▄▄▄▄║▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄║▄▄▄▄┘            
                ║                                             ║                 
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         
       :─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────│        
       │                                                               │        
       │        All things must come to an end, whether they           │        
       │        deserve it or not.                                     │        
       │        Today (06.02.06) we at the ShareTheFiles crew             │        
       │        recieved tragic news:                                  │        
 Ì▀▀▀▀▀│▀                                                             ▀│▀▀▀▀▀¦  
 Ì                                                                           ¦  
 Ì  My name is PraioS, I was the founder of ShareTheFiles together with         ¦  
 Ì  0bjectMa$$, before Lord_Anubis took it over and made it to one of the    ¦  
 Ì  best ed2k-teams for games out there.                                     ¦  
 Ì  The reason I am emailing you is because you are (or were) one of the     ¦  
 Ì  best friends of Lord_Anubis, and you did know him well.                  ¦  
 Ì  It is with great sadness that I am emailing you now on this day. I       ¦  
 Ì  received word that Lord_Anubis was involved in an accident on Sunday,    ¦  
 Ì  the 5th of February in the late evening. While I do not want to go into  ¦  
 Ì  the accident itself (rest assured when I say Lord_Anubis was hit by a    ¦  
 Ì  car, and that he was dead instantly and did - hopefully - not feel too   ¦  
 Ì  much pain), I would like to speak to you about who Lord_Anubis was.      ¦  
 Ì  Lord_Anubis was a young and energetic man who lived with cancer cells in ¦  
 Ì  his body since the age of 16 due to an accident. Ever since he realised  ¦  
 Ì  his short life-span to come he has been working hard on not only getting ¦  
 Ì  to grips with his fate, but also on giving other people with similar     ¦  
 Ì  illnesses or defects a better time by working as a volunteer in          ¦  
 Ì  hospitals in the area he lived in as well as in the country he studied.  ¦  
 Ì  His step into the ed2k-scene by building up ShareTheFiles (which was not an ¦  
 Ì  ed2k-group before that) as well as his reputation in forums and          ¦  
 Ì  communities made him and the crew very popular in a short time. Thanks   ¦  
 Ì  to contacts in other p2p-circles he was able to provide games fast to    ¦  
 Ì  the communities. He then gained recognition on other forum where he      ¦  
 Ì  finally became a staff member or even administrator or manager.          ¦  
 Ì  Lord_Anubis loved the work in the communities, especially                ¦  
 Ì  Fu|ckt|heinter.net, ed2k-it, ShareConnector, DrunkenDonkey, ShareTheFiles  ¦  
 Ì  and many other sites out there, and his passion for improving the sites  ¦  
 Ì  and keeping them alive will hopefully long be felt. He had many          ¦  
 Ì  aspirations and ideas for the sites, alas it is too late now for him to  ¦  
 Ì  see the changes...                                                       ¦  
 Ì  Despite his illness he was a strong person and a good friend to hang out ¦  
 Ì  with or to just chat about literally anything you wanted, he was a calm  ¦  
 Ì  person who never lost focus of what was important to him, not even when  ¦  
 Ì  he was angered or annoyed at someone. He has inspired a lot of people,   ¦  
 Ì  not only in the ed2k-communities but also in real life, and his          ¦  
 Ì  tremendous effort in not only paying his own rent and living expenses,   ¦  
 Ì  but also his father's and his sister's, should have at least awarded him ¦  
 Ì  a medal of some sort.                                                    ¦  
 Ì  He had just managed to found his own design agency, which will be now    ¦  
 Ì  taken over by one of his colleagues, and I do hope that it will persist  ¦  
 Ì  for a long while still.                                                  ¦  
 Ì  Lord_Anubis left the world too soon, too soon for anyone of us to say    ¦  
 Ì  one last "thank you" for his work he did, too soon to make final         ¦  
 Ì  arrangements for his family and friends, and as such both me and         ¦  
 Ì  ObjectMa$$ will make sure that this will be catered for in the future.   ¦   
 Ì▄▄▄▄▄│▄▄▄                                                         ▄▄▄│▄▄▄▄▄¦   
       │        This is not a joke! A friend of ours, and              │       
       │        a legend in ed2k has passed away.                      │
       │        Our condolences go to his family and friends.          │
       │        No words can describe this tragic event.               │        
       │        I am speechless, as im sure most of us are.            │        
       │        ---                                                    │        
       │        I am sorry to inform you, but we at ShareTheFiles         │        
       │        will no longer be releasing.                           │        
       │        Lord_Anubis was the heart and soul of this             │        
       │        group, and as you might have noticed, we               │        
       │        havent done much the last 2 months.                    │        
       │        We have all been busy with real life, and              │        
       │        we never felt we got enough appreciation               │        
       │        for several years of hard work for ed2k.               │        
       │        And with Lord_Anubis absence, nothing will             │        
       │        ever be as it used to be.                              │        
       │                                  -ShareTheFiles                  │        
       │_______________________________________________________________│        
       └▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄║▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄║▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┘        
                ║                                             ║                 
            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       
           :─────────────────────────────────────────────────────│      
           │           While I was watching,                       │         
           │             you did a slow dissolve.                  │         
           │           Life in slow motion,                        │         
           │             somehow it dont feel real.                │         
           │           Snowflakes are falling,                     │         
           │             I'll catch them in my hands.              │         
           │           Snowflakes are falling,                     │         
           │             now you're my long lost friend.           │         
           │                    May you rest in peace Lord_Anubis  │         
           │________________________wherever_you_might_be._________│         
           └▄▄▄▄║▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄║▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄║▄▄▄▄┘         
                ║                      ║                      ║              

Wantos

Post by Wantos » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:58 am

Sad news. You'll sure be missed.

R.I.P Lord Anubis.

Mauzer
Donator
Donator

Post by Mauzer » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:22 am

I only saw this today. Such sad news :(

My condolences to friends and family.
May you rest in peace.

Rhadamanthys
Donator
Donator

Post by Rhadamanthys » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:22 pm

As I already said in the staff room, this is really sad and he will be missed.

My condolances to all the people that cared for him, may he rest in peace

Raimi

jinnman

Post by jinnman » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:15 pm

My condolences to friends and family and p2peers the world over.

Fear not death, for the sooner we die the longer we shall be immortal.
- Benjamin Franklin

aivansama
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by aivansama » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:20 pm

We recently lost dectgap at PHPportalen and now Lord_Anubis here. :cry:

May you rest in peace Lord_Anubis.

flashinapan
Donator
Donator

Post by flashinapan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:19 pm

R.I.P sincere condolences to all your family and freinds

Sorgion

Post by Sorgion » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:07 pm

Sad news, not only does it suck to die because of an accident and at such age, it's also a great loss for the whole community. I didn't know him well but what I did know was that he was very motivated to help a community such as STF.

To die at such young age unfortunately only happens to the best... R.I.P.

Alchemist

Re: Lord Anubis RIP

Post by Alchemist » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:05 pm

I Did Not Die

Do not stand at my grave and forever weep.
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and forever cry.
I am not there. I did not die.

By Melinda Sue Pacho

lelo

Post by lelo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:32 pm

I'm very sad to hear of this bad news, a great releaser he will be missed by many R.I.P L_A.

rwa5084
Donator
Donator

Post by rwa5084 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:59 pm

Rest in Peace, Lord_ Anubis. You will be sadly missed.

Whitemessiah

Post by Whitemessiah » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:02 pm

:( Complete shock, but not only at the death but also the age he was my age and at that age you expect to have your whole life ahead of you,i may of not known Lord Anubis but i read some of the posts he made and the work he has done for Ed2k on this site and other sites is truly legendery and should be presented that way.

R.I.P

supercomputerman

Post by supercomputerman » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:06 am

No words can be said to express this loss.
R.I.P.

bkkbandit
Donator
Donator

Post by bkkbandit » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:25 pm

RIP

Thomson_Gutshot

Post by Thomson_Gutshot » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:23 pm

RIP Lord Anubis.

nox969

Post by nox969 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:28 pm

be in peace...
Last edited by nox969 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drinkkegbeer

Post by drinkkegbeer » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:23 pm

Omg, i've just seen this and i'am stunned, what a very sad day for his family, and community, I did not know him, but was always pleased when he posted stuff, as i knew it would always work.
Condolences to his family and friends, peace be with you Lord Anubis, RIP

quassimodem
Donator
Donator

Goodbye to a founder..

Post by quassimodem » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:57 pm

This is a goodbye to one of the founders of the current scene. May his dreams live forever and get better.. :cry: :cry:

ukjustice
Donator
Donator

Post by ukjustice » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:16 pm

One World At A Time Lord_Anubis

cookie_lu
Donator
Donator

Post by cookie_lu » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:42 am

Rest in peace, Lord_Anubis. It is a loss to ShareTheFiles. Thank you for your contributions to the forum.

memknock6699

Post by memknock6699 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:28 am

R.I.P. Lord_Anubis

H2O

Post by H2O » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:28 pm

Damn, sorry to hear this, thoughts are with his family. Farewell LA

Mogs

Post by Mogs » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:01 pm

Think ill drop by and pay my respect, rest in peace mate..

XiNiTHAOUS
Banned

Post by XiNiTHAOUS » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:57 am

I pay my respects to not only one of the gods of p2p but a good guy who worked hard to help us all. RIP Lord_Anubis

XiN

Thomson_Gutshot

Post by Thomson_Gutshot » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:58 pm

It’s been a year now and the communities haven’t forgotten you mate. Rest in peace.

TheAnomaly
Donator
Donator

Post by TheAnomaly » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:31 am

A year has passed, and I still remember him and all that he did for me in the scene.

Rest in Peace Lord_Anubis.

Return to “Classics!”