KTHXBYE

Some threads are just too funny and deserve their place in the history of STF. Others remind us of sad times and others simply are a part of history of the site. Here is a collection of some of these.
sucigam
Banned

KTHXBYE

Post by sucigam » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:21 pm

BYE ALL.....WHEN I LOG ON AND FIND MY POST COUNT DWINDLE AROUND 200 :shock: :x , IN 12 HRS, :? I FIGURE IT WILL BE IN THE NEGATIVE NUMBERS BY THE END OF THE MONTH, WHICH I DON'T WANT TO SEE :x , SO I SAY, SCREW THIS, IT IS TIME TO GO. :x

:shock: WTF.... ANOTHER 10 WHILE I WROTE THIS :x :x :x :x

bushymait
Banned

Re: KTHXBYE

Post by bushymait » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Whats about the posts suci? I see more than 6k - just Your avatar is gone.. :?

EzPimpinYa

Post by EzPimpinYa » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:39 pm

Suci, don't go. We will get this fixed ;)

Just humor me though and tell me what you see for your post count right now. Make sure you see what we see ;)

I see 6161 posts.

EzPimpinYa

Post by EzPimpinYa » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:59 pm

And the Grammy for "Overreaction Of The Year" goes to... Sucigam! :P

deadbodyman

Post by deadbodyman » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:02 pm

Yep. :D

I know it's only a couple weeks into the year, but I think this is going to be a tough one to beat. :P

bushymait
Banned

Post by bushymait » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:05 pm

That just happens 'cause You folx don't drink on working days... :dontthink

deadbodyman

Post by deadbodyman » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:08 pm

:lol:

......and if you do that 24/7 like some of us, you most likely will not even know what your post count was. :idea:

bushymait
Banned

Post by bushymait » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Yep, suci was maybe looking at his bank account all of the time.. :?

(someone drop him an alka seltzer and all will be good) :D

deadbodyman

Post by deadbodyman » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Ahhhhh, yes. :clap

It must have been his bank account he was looking at. It happens to mine constantly. :cry:

Anyone have a spare alka seltzer they can pass this way too, please? :(

EzPimpinYa

Post by EzPimpinYa » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 pm

bushymait wrote:That just happens 'cause You folx don't drink on working days... :dontthink
Who said that? They are a liar I can assure you!

stileche
Donator
Donator

Post by stileche » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:33 pm

I actually dont remember the exact count but I do remember that Suci's count was 6200+

I think its gone down today. Maybe from some board cleanup?

EzPimpinYa

Post by EzPimpinYa » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:35 pm

stileche wrote:I actually dont remember the exact count but I do remember that Suci's count was 6200+

I think its gone down today. Maybe from some board cleanup?
It is simply from pruning topics ;)

dannalboon

Post by dannalboon » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:25 pm

EzPimpinYa wrote:And the Grammy for "Overreaction Of The Year" goes to... Sucigam! :P
Agreed. Surely suci could have made an inquiry before having a CAPS tantrum. :?
Come on suci, I will dig up some bi-polar meds and we can share a padded room in the puzzle factory for a few days :wink: :lol: :v

stamp2k1
Donator
Donator

Post by stamp2k1 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:13 pm

Is/Was he serious? How many posts did he lose? :?

EzPimpinYa

Post by EzPimpinYa » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:14 pm

stamp2k1 wrote:Is/Was he serious? How many posts did he lose? :?
Read up a few posts above this. ;)

voetsak
Donator
Donator

Post by voetsak » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:47 am

seedmeister wrote:i'm confused as to what is happening.

if is it just that some posts got lost, what's the big deal? it's not money, you know. or does post count matter for anything? maybe you DL faster with more posts ? see less ads ?
Myself. I don't understand. If it were that's he's losing $$$ I'd see what he means.
Am I missing something here?

EzPimpinYa

Post by EzPimpinYa » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:57 am

if is it just that some posts got lost, what's the big deal? it's not money, you know. or does post count matter for anything? maybe you DL faster with more posts ? see less ads ?
LISTEN UP PEOPLE... THE COUPLE :x HUNDRED POSTS HE LOST WERE POSTS :x THAT WERE PRUNED :shock: BY A MEMBER OF STAFF. MUCH LIKE HIS POST HERE THAT WILL EVENTUALLY BE PRUNED. THIS IS REGULAR :x PRACTICE IN FORUMS THAT :? ARE ONGOING :x SUCH AS COMICS, TV, AND ANIME. :x :x :x :x

Andrei

Post by Andrei » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:51 am

Sad to see that this comes from a valuable member as you, sucigam.

I hope you'll find a better place.

voetsak
Donator
Donator

Post by voetsak » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:22 am

Oh WOW .. now dead, how can I gainsay someone like Andrei? You know how I feel about him.
He isn't afraid. Much as I care for suci, and wouldn't want to see him go, I can in no wise write anything that does not applaud Andrei's forthright reply to such a sensitive issue. He maintains that if you don't like it here, he wishes you well. No pleading, no kowtowing, just a plain, honest opinion - thus.. "Sad to see that this comes from a valuable member as you, sucigam. I hope you'll find a better place."

I am taken aback, and for once, I am speechless. Andrei has shown me up, not only with his attitude, but with his "I don't beg anyone" spirit.
No, dead. I have nothing to say. I love suci, and he has always been very good to me, but I am amazed by Andrei's praiseworthy display.. he truly has the courage of his convictions. :v :clap

EzPimpinYa

Post by EzPimpinYa » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:29 am

I have to agree, I am very surprised by Andrei's response. I however have a feeling that once suci blows off some steam, he will be back :)

EzPimpinYa

Post by EzPimpinYa » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:46 am

seedmeister wrote:i ge posts trimmed all the time - and i expect as much; is it wrong to post say, in the south park thread and ask "is it on yet?", when only releases should go there? i think it's better to get it pruned than not being allowed to post there. and if one has 6k posts, surely 200 less won't matter.

still.. who cares about posts. it's the committment that matters, not the paper.
As a rule of thumb we keep the posts in those threads to a 30 or so maximum to keep them at a 1 page maximum so they fit on 1 page. So,when they reach above 30 we prune them ;)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

deadbodyman

Post by deadbodyman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:47 am

It is not just the thank you posts that get deleted though. It is also the links added later that get thanked and moved to the upper topic post.
They are left there for a while so people can see that there was a new link posted.
After a few weeks, a moderator will clean all the old posts (links and thanks) and they will be deleted.
Unfortunately, it's the way the new board works.

I will quote Stoepsel from earlier today. ;)
Pruning and trashing posts does affect the post count. This wasn't always the case but it has been since we migrated to phpBB 3.0.x many years ago. Before that, many years ago before most of you were a wet dream of your father's, deleting posts did not affect the post count.

Have sucigam think of it this way: With his 6100+ posts, he is now the 17th worst spammer on STF. By having 100 more posts pruned, he is helping the most generous of donators (voetsak) to take his place. That is pure chivalry, I say.
EDIT:

This affects all users on this board. Unfortunately, it can affect specific users more than others. :(

For instance, we have members here that are constantly posting links.... like sucigam, Ter, chlee, qik5l.....
All these posts are made in the forums, as EZ mentioned above, that require regular cleaning.
You might not notice a post or two but when you are a very valued member that posts hundreds and thousands of links, it can be noticed a little more.

What sucigam has seen is how usefully active he really is. Not how much spam people can post.
As a matter of fact, most spam and off-topic posts remain in discussions and what have you.

Anyhow, all I can say is keep up the great work and please reconsider your thoughts, my friend. :)

Smallville78
Donator
Donator

Post by Smallville78 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:01 am

so they want to leave over a post count, its not that serious

deadbodyman

Post by deadbodyman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:23 am

Nah. he won't leave. :)
He will take bushy's advice and just drink more. You will notice much less that way. Especially when you are working on something very important, where people's lives are at stake. :alcho :-D

And I'm still gonna ream Voet for not offering one of her "Come Back here Massages"

EzPimpinYa

Post by EzPimpinYa » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:52 am

deadbodyman wrote:And I'm still gonna ream Voet for not offering one of her "Come Back here Massages"
We all will ;) :P

voetsak
Donator
Donator

Post by voetsak » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:22 am

I spam? :cry:
I apologise. I'm so very sorry. I wont do it again. I promise.
I'll leave now.
KTHXBYE
P.S. I'll miss you all.
:cry:

EzPimpinYa

Post by EzPimpinYa » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:40 am

voetsak wrote:I spam? :cry:
I apologise. I'm so very sorry. I wont do it again. I promise.
I'll leave now.
KTHXBYE
P.S. I'll miss you all.
:cry:
:P ahhh please enjoy our twisted sense of humor :twisted:

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:16 am

I would be more surprised if my karma suddenly changed closer to zero (without reason ofcourse :P )
seedmeister wrote:...is it wrong to post say, in the south park thread and ask "is it on yet?"...
If you do that you will probably get an answer like:
For an answer, please click either of the direct links conveniently located in the first post.
I especially recommend the Wikipedia link, it is very enlightening. :idea:
:wink:

sucigam
Banned

Post by sucigam » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Ummm interesting

As for me being back, :? well.....could be I have a morbid curiosity, :? or I'm a glutton for punishment,...... :? how about, STF is like a fungal growth in which there is no cure.....me, I think all of the above.

I’m not going to address everything, or everybody, so please don’t feel like I ignoring you. So, let me say thanks to those of you who were supportive.

There are a few that I do wish to address…….
…..bushy and dannal, very funny, no, really….very funny. I did not laugh much at what you two wrote but in the back of my head I knew I would have been LMAO if I wasn’t so pissed (US pissed, not UK pissed) :v :thumbs

…..No Voet, I don’t think Andrei’s post was as nice as it seems. At first yes, and if you had not of brought further attention to it with your post I would have probably just continue on. Maybe I am wrong, but is just seems like a nice way to say, “Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.” Then it morphed into something bigger than that because of the word “better”. Was “better” being philosophical or narcissistic…..

Philosophical – “The grass is always greener…..”
Narcissistic – “STF is all that.”

…… because he believes that it won’t happen. Well, either way, I have to admit, there is truth in having that belief. I won’t deny that STF has a lot to offer that other places don’t. Of course, like I stated earlier, I could be wrong about what he meant by his statement….It has been known to happen once or twice in my life. :P

&
voetsak wrote:Myself. I don't understand. If it were that's he's losing $$$ I'd see what he means.
Am I missing something here?
Nobody likes to go backwards……It gages our accomplishments, how active we are (“thanks” posts aren’t enough to do it…it takes those plus a lot of stupid jokes and inane banter posts….oh, and of course, a few links) …..besides, if post count wasn’t so important why have it or why have a poll for a new rank system. Yes, I know, I’m a contributor so the post count has no effect on my rank…..SO, it makes it less important? Btw, money only have value to those that put value on it.

:?: 1. About eight months ago I started noticing the post count dropping, but is was 1 or 2 to 10, here and there. Over time, with observing trend, I figured the reason…..no need to go into all that because it was confirmed within this thread. So, I have been keeping track. (OCD :wink , but I am not obsessive compulsive about my obsessive compulsiveness)

:?: 2. I have also notice that in the “Fun & Games” forum that a tread’s shelf life is one year from the last post, stickies and open polls excluded, and then deleted.

:?: 3. I have noticed the “pruning”

:?: 4. I have noticed that my post count was not effected by #’s 2 & 3

deadbodyman wrote:[I do understand that most appreciation goes to huge film and game posters.
They get all the thanks, they get all the karma.

Seems quite unfair to see very dedicated members not receive the same recognition posting their freaking ass off for... Comics, TV, Anime, Music, and even Software........

You can't blame yourself for posting and not being appreciated as much as others.
It has to do with the members just grabbing and not thanking.
That is very true…..Look, I am not trying to begrudge anyone their due. There is a “huge film” poster that will get more “thanks” for 1 post than I will get for 100, but that is on the “clicker” and not the “poster”

Yes, I did realize that before I started :roll: , but I had decided that I wanted to become an active contributor (poster of links), rather than just a passive contributor (sharer of links), to this site. :wink: Then why?... Two reasons
1. It was a forum that did not have a lot of posters.
2. (The biggest) With bandwidth limitations I found that I could do more. Hell, I would like to take over that forum…..Ummm, I’m not trying to kick any one out :oops: ….. I meant someday, maybe. :?:

TO make myself clear this was what was going through my head when I saw the drop in post count. Obviously, all I could get out was the above rant……sorry about that, but with other pressures in my life that was the “proverbial straw” I like it here, and don’t hate anyone…..(even the one who are to foolish to see that I am always correct in all my opinions because I am superior…..ok ok I nearly choke to death on that one) But seriously, I hope you all understand....you don't have to agree with my reasoning.....just understand.

Thanks

PS just think of this a therapy.....now where the hell is that clinical psychiatrist :whistle

deadbodyman

Post by deadbodyman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:21 pm

:)

Now get your avatar back up again, and put all this behind us. :clap

Return to “Classics!”