Replying to old releases

Some threads are just too funny and deserve their place in the history of STF. Others remind us of sad times and others simply are a part of history of the site. Here is a collection of some of these.
Lightwolf
Donator
Donator

Replying to old releases

Post by Lightwolf » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Hello

Anyone else annoyed that some users keeps posting to old releases?

Makes it so much harder to see new releases. :-|
Last edited by Lightwolf on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark_Man
Donator
Donator

Re: Thelastboyscout user

Post by Mark_Man » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:22 pm

No

could have said more but i'll hold a civil tounge :evil:

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:48 pm

We all like different movies and this site is for all of us :bolt

deadbodyman

Post by deadbodyman » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:41 am

I am not even going to get into this one again. :roll:

If you can't handle this, how about using your head a little bit... :whistle

Open the forum page 1080p, 720p....whatever.....

At the very bottom center of the page, you will see a sort option....

By default, it is set to Sort by "post time". If you choose Sort by "Topic Time" it will show the topic post times instead of the most recent post/reply.
You can also choose it in Ascending or Descending order as well.

You can make this permanent as well, in your User Control Panel.

User Control Panel>Board Preferences>Edit Display Options

Now, I don't want you or anyone else centering a user as great as and as loyal as Thelastboyscout, again.
Trolling is a big NO-NO on this board and will very easily land you a warning!!

I feel pretty happy right now and not overly drunk so I won't do that right now.
Then again, if I don't lock and trash this post, I might very well be drunk enough to issue you a waring in a couple hours. :samurai

dannalboon

Post by dannalboon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:30 am

Lightwolf wrote:Anyone else annoyed that Thelastboyscout keeps posting to old releases in "Other HD (a720p, 720p, 810p, 1080i)" section?
Are you serious? :shock: Do you understand that this is a file sharing forum that posts links to files and is also called sharethefiles.com? Slagging off about a valued member who is providing us with many of these files is ridiculous and goes against everything this site is about. If you have a problem with a user then contact them and/or an administrator instead of publicly attacking him/her.

Many of understand that there are certain features and/or behaviours on sharethefiles that not everyone likes. My biggest one is not having a Thanks Button and a small group of people who write Thanks in 100 different threads every single time they log in. I have learned to live with this because the pros far outweigh the cons. My suggestion is that you just leave it alone. Surely 10 more seconds of reading to filter out certain threads is worth putting up with for what you get here.

momijigari
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Post by momijigari » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 am

As for pointing the finger on a specific user because he or she does something that annoys you:
If or when a user exhibits unwanted behaviour, it will be dealt with by moderators.
What is unwanted behaviour is not up to other users to decide.
If another user does something that is against our rules, or otherwise inappropriate but not explicitly covered by our rules, there is a "Report"-button to use (but not abuse).

Andrei

Post by Andrei » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Lightwolf wrote:Anyone else annoyed that Thelastboyscout keeps posting to old releases in "Other HD (a720p, 720p, 810p, 1080i)" section?

No. kthxbye.

Your post here is much more annoying than all of Thelastboyscout's posts.

Lightwolf
Donator
Donator

Re: Replying to old releases

Post by Lightwolf » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:50 am

Hmm? What is going on?

How come many people got really angry at me?
How can you guys get so angry so easily?

Feels like my life is in danger.

"Trolling is a big NO-NO on this board and will very easily land you a warning!!"

I werent trolling.

Andrei

Post by Andrei » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:55 pm

You're so funny.

You come here actually saying that Thelastboyscout is driving you nuts because he shows appreciation to the posters on STF, and want us to thank you? We like it when people show some appreciation.

I wasn't mad, and I'm not mad at all, but our job is to defend our users when needed - and when people like you cry for no reason, where there are solutions to the problems you're having: read what DBM said.

Anyway, let it be, your life is not in danger. :pir8

momijigari
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Post by momijigari » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:56 pm

How can you be a menber of a forum, if you can't tolerate other users posting comments?
How come you can't just read & learn from the information posted above by me and dbm, which tells you of three different ways to show new links only?

Why were you so angry (or to use your words: so annoyed it was driving you nuts) on a user that you felt the need to single him out for something moderators not only has no issue with, but also encourage? FYI, bumping old topics is a good thing. It can revive an old link, and add more sources by giving users a chance to discover something they've never heard of, or never thought of looking for.

Not to mention give the person who spent time & bandwidth on creating the topic & sharing the link in the first place a warm and fuzzy feeling that someone out there still cares enough to write a few words. Image

Lightwolf
Donator
Donator

Post by Lightwolf » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:37 pm

yea thanks seedMeister :v

People wanted to rip my head off for this thread. :(
Some people are so damn angry.

And i used to post "thanks" to old releases and i got whined about it so im confused if its bad or good to post "thanks" to old releases. :boohoo

deadbodyman

Post by deadbodyman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Lightwolf wrote:I werent trolling.
Ok, so I am going to assume you expected positive replies with your comment huh? :}

You basically asked others to join you in agreeing that you consider a member of this board annoying.

If that isn't trolling, I don't know what is then.. :roll:

Andrei

Post by Andrei » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:27 pm

seedMeister wrote:let him live.

:x Now I'm mad.

:lol: :P

Seriously though, I thought this was funny - that's why I don't really need and have to relax.

Lightwolf, we do encourage people being active and show some appreciation by saying some "thanks", commenting on the releases or using the karma system; whoever told you to stop wasn't member of the Staff for sure. As I previously said, let it be and what 'momi and dbm told you to.

imfree

Post by imfree » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:32 pm

FYI, bumping old topics is a good thing. It can revive an old link, and add more sources by giving users a chance to discover something they've never heard of, or never thought of looking for.
Now that I agree with.It's great (even after all this time) finding releases that you had never heard of before. I have no idea how many things I have downloaded over the years just cause someone bumped a topic. So....when I find something, whether it be old or new, I take a brief moment in time to Thank that person.

I would think that would only be polite, Yes?

deadbodyman

Post by deadbodyman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:42 am

Before this is pruned, I will send this to the Classics thread. ;)

Very nice of all for their opinions, and thank you, Lightwolf, for the concern.
Honestly, your post has opened minds up to file sharing... and for that I am glad. :)

Again, thank you and thanks to all. 8-)

Return to “Classics!”