- Registered user
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:26 am
- Location: lurking in the shadows
- Been thanked: 4 times
Firewalls.For.Dummies.eBook-LiB.pdf [7.79 Mb]
Wiley - Creating Web Pages For Dummies, 7th Ed
Getting ready to create your first web page(s) know where to start? Creating Web Pages for Dummies, Seventh Edition demystifies every step of the process -- and we mean every step.
Just follow the directions, as you create your text file in the â€œlanguage of the Internet, HTML, spice it up with graphics and links, preview it, get web server space, transfer your files there, even check to make sure everythings working.
Wiley - Creating Web Pages For Dummies, 7th Ed - 2004 - (By Laxxuss).pdf [9.69 Mb]
Adobe Premiere Elements offers amateur and home moviemakers the opportunity to work with editing tools as powerful as those packed into Adobe Premiere Pro, one of the top tools on the market. Adobe Premiere Elements For Dummies offers these same users not only a guide through all the how-to steps of using the software, but also a valuable reference on how to best apply the tools to a great video project
Adobe Premiere Elements For Dummies - Isbn 0764578812 - 385S - Ling.pdf [17.36 Mb]
Understand how spammers get addresses
Calculate the cost of spam and spyware
Re-engineer your business processes
Select spam and spyware filters
Manage implementation and maintenance
For.Dummies.Blocking.Spam.and.Spyware.For.Dummies.eBook-YYePG.pdf [6.04 Mb]
Shows how to use the leading technical drawing software-AutoCAD-and its less-expensive sister product, AutoCAD LT, in the friendly, easy-to-understand For Dummies style.
Shows first-time AutoCAD users how to create precise and efficient 2-D technical drawings and get started with 3-D technical drawings. Topics covered include creating a basic layout; drawing and editing; writing text in drawings; plotting, creating, and editing external reference files; CAD standards; and drawing on the Internet.
Explores new features in the latest version of AutoCAD, including text improvements, streamlined Plot and Page Setup dialogue boxes, increased emphasis on tool palettes, better tools for transmitting sets of electronic files, and much more.
Includes a new chapter on sheet sets and a new collection of features for creating, managing, and publishing all of the drawings that make up a project.
Autocad 2005 For Dummies May 2004.pdf [11.95 Mb]
Red Hat Linux All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies has eight books, each of which focuses on a small set of related topics. If you are looking for information on a specific topic, check the book names on the spine or consult the Table of Contents. These different minibooks in the desktop reference explain:
* The basics of Red Hat Linux
* The various aspects of a Red Hat Linux workstation
* Using the Internet
* System administration
Linux.All-in-one.Desk.Reference.for.Dummies.Feb.2005.eBook-LinG.pdf [19.00 Mb]
Covers the latest updates to Adobe Illustrator, including Web graphic tools and new effects you can apply to your images.
Includes companion Web site with bonus chapters and more!
Here s how to make friends with the top graphics software for both Mac and Windows
So you thought Illustrator should really be called "Intimidator"? Not so! Let this book draw you a map through the jungle of pages, paths, pixels, and Pen tools, and before you know it, youâ€™ll have your creations in print, on the Web, or even on a PDA. Then, just smile mysteriously when folks say "Wow!"
Adobe Illustrator CS for Dummies.pdf [22.78 Mb]
Build a Web site that lures visitors and looks professional
Create a Web site for your club, team, family, or business
Are you eager to put together a Web site that really gets attention, or maybe kick your current site up a notch? This book makes it easy! ll help you find great graphics for your site, keep it up to date, add search features, establish links for more exposure, and make your site profitable.
Building A Web Site For Dummies 2004.pdf [12.90 Mb]
This book delves into the strategy, technology, and spirit needed to win a Formula One race. Every angle of a race weekend is covered in detail, from scrutineering to pitstops to podium. Youll also read about the rivalries and politics that have turned the sport into a global televised drama. Illustrated with colour photographs, Formula One Racing For Dummies will serve the die-hard spectator or armchair fan alike.
Wiley,.Formula.One.Racing.for.Dummies.(2004).LiB.pdf [7.53 Mb]
What reduces pain, enhances athletic performance, job efficiency, and sexual function, improves the circulation, raises immune efficiency, promotes the healing of tissues, increases the functioning of the skin, enhances focus and emotional balance, improves appearance, is completely legal in all 50 states and Puerto Rico and can be had for as little as...nothing? Right, massage. So what are you waiting for?
Discover how to k nead your way to relaxation and wellness with this fun guide to the art of massage. With the help of 150 hand-on photos and illustrations, experts Steve Capellini and Michel Van Welden, show you, move by move, how to harness the healing power of touch.
Massage For Dummies.pdf [108.44 Mb]
Make the right choices for your financial goals
Your guide to the most important aspects of personal and financial investments
From investing fundamentals to real state and small business resources, this completely revised, easy-to-use guide shows you how to assess your financial situation and make sound investment choices.
Investing For Canadians For Dummies (Eric Tyson).pdf [7.83 Mb]
3rd Edition I would recommend this book to anyone interested in becoming a Video Editing Guru. Now there isn't much fame or glory in such a title, and I'm not implying that after reading the book you will be able to instantly break into the "Pro" video editing business either. But it does give you some useful information on how to digitize those video clips and turn them into a respectable home movie or corporate presentation.
The book is very much based on Apple's "iMovie" and Pinnacle's "Studio 8". You'll skip around a bit because of the 2 different programs it explains, but you're really just getting 2 books in one if you ever decide to dabble in the 'other' program. If you're using a video editing program other than these, you may want to pick a different book.
Digital_Video_for_Dummies.3rdEd.Wiley.RR.pdf [12.39 Mb]
Auto Repair For Dummies is indispensable for anyone who is tired of nodding and smiling at the incomprehensible mutterings of your mechanic, only to end up shelling out money for repairs that you neither fully understand nor always need. This easy-to-understand guide is also for you if you
# Don't have the vaguest idea of how a car works.
# Can't identify anything you see under the hood of your vehicle.
# Are tired of other people assuming (especially if youre a teenager or a woman) that you arenâ€™t capable of handling repairs yourself.
# Don't want to feel helpless in an emergency.
# Are tired of being ripped off because of your own ignorance
This book shows you how your car works; what it needs in the way of tender loving care; and how to keep from being overcharged if you need to entrust repairs to someone else. Auto Repair For Dummies also gives you the scoop on these topics and more
Auto Repair For Dummies.pdf [45.42 Mb]
This revision of the bestseller covers the popular object-oriented programming language C++ from the ground up, enabling beginners to become functional programmers and intermediate programmers to fine-tune their skills.
Thirty percent new material includes updates on the most recent ANSI standard, the new public domain C++ compiler, standards information on namespaces, new library functions, and complete coverage of the standard template library.
Covers topics like building and debugging C++ programs, creating source code, using the Visual C++ help system, building objects, learning the standard template library, and much more
C (++) For Dummies 2004.pdf [7.68 Mb]
So you want to turn your Yugo into a Viper? Sorry--you need a certified magician. But if you want to turn your sedate sedan into a mean machine or your used car lot deal into a powerful, purring set of wheels, youâ€™ve come to the right place. Car Hacks & Mods for Dummies will get you turbo-charged up about modifying your car and guide you smoothly through:
* Choosing a car to mod
* Considering warranties, legal, and safety issues
* Hacking the ECU (Engine Control Unit) to adjust performance-enhancing factors like fuel injection, firing the spark plugs, controlling the cooling fan, and more
* Replacing your ECU with a plug and play system such as the APEXi Power FC or the AEM EMS system
* Putting on the brakes (the faster you go, the faster youâ€™ll need to stop)
* Setting up your car for better handling and cornering
Car Hacks And Mods For Dummies 2004.pdf [5.18 Mb]
GPS For Dummies gives new meaning to finding yourself. In fact, with a GPS (global positioning system) receiver, you can determine precisely where you are anywhere on this planet. If youâ€™re are planning on buying a GPS receiver or if you have one and want to get your moneys worth, this guide tells you what you need to know, including:
Basic GPS principles and concepts such as waypoints, routes, tracks, and coordinate systems
* Recommended features for GPS receivers to be used in various types of activities, including hiking, mountain biking, cross country skiing, geocaching, hunting, ATVing, mapping, and more
* How to do digital mapping on your computer, including software packages you can use to work with aerial photos, topographic maps, and road maps
* The main providers of digital map data for the U.S. and their Web sites
* The scoop on geocachingâ€”a high-tech treasure hunt
Gps For Dummies 2004.pdf [18.74 Mb]
Flatbed or sheet-fed? USB or FireWire? And what the heck is a dpi, anyway? This handy guide tells you all that and more everything you need to know to get the most use, and fun, out of your scanner. Choose the right image editing software, share photos online, even get the scoop on tricks the experts use.
Discover how to:
* Buy the right scanner for your needs
* Choose your software
* Fine-tune your scans
* Select and install extra equipment
* Edit images like a pro
* Keep your scanner happy and healthy
Scanners For Dummies 2004.pdf [10.53 Mb]
All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies is written for the person who has a good grasp of using a computer and navigating the operating system and at least a cursory knowledge of Photoshop. It is intended to be a comprehensive reference book that you can read cover to cover or reach for when youâ€™re looking for specific information about a particular task such as the following
* Resize an image without causing undue damage
* Crop images and increase their canvas size
* Correct or enhance color
* Fix flaws and imperfections
* Prepare images for the Web
* Create vector shapes by using the shape tools
* Work with gradients and patterns
* Use multiple images to create a multilayered composite image
* Work with quick masks, layer masks, channel masks
* Use filters to make images sharper, blurrier, cleaner, smoother
* Work with digital cameras and scanners
This essential guide to Photoshop combines 10 minibooks in one, from Photoshop fundamentals to more advanced techniques such as creating contact sheets and photo galleries.
Photoshop.CS.All.in.One.Desk.Reference.for.Dummies.pdf [26.53 Mb]
This wide-ranging guide helps ordinary users fight back against Windows slowdowns, glitches, and annoyances Windows is the world's dominant desktop operating system, with 93.8 percent of the market as of 2002 Packed with savvy tips for decluttering a system, speeding up access to programs and data, customizing the interface, rooting out resource hogs, tuning up e-mail and Web browser performance, protecting against viruses, and more Focuses on Windows XP and covers the new Service Pack 2, but many techniques are applicable to older Windows versions.
Cleaning Windows Xp For Dummies 2004 Edition.pdf [8.46 Mb]
Weighing in at over 900 pages this new For Dummies omnibus guide delivers wide-ranging coverage of Windows XP, PC hardware, Microsoft Office, and Internet fundamentals, drawing on content from some of the best-known and bestselling authors in the For Dummies series.
This indispensable mega-reference covers the entire constellation of computer issues that average home users face, complete with timesaving techniques to help make using Windows simpler
Windows Xp Gigabook For Dummies Apr 2004 Edition.pdf [31.38 Mb]
Bestselling author Dan Gookin has updated his classic guide to cover CD burner/DVD combo drives, processor upgrades, flat panel displays, new modem and networking options, new peripherals, laptops, and more * Worldwide shipments of new computers now top 100 million units annually, and forecasters have predicted double-digit increases in PC shipments for 2003-2004 * Using the author's unique five-step approach to smart computer shopping, readers analyse their needs and match them to the perfect PC at the best price * Gookin, who wrote the first-ever For Dummies book, DOS For Dummies, is renowned for his entertaining, easy-to-understand style
Buying.A.Computer.For.Dummies.2004.Edition.pdf [3.51 Mb]
The easy-to-navigate format provides fast answers to frequently asked questions. Windows XP For Dummies Quick Reference is the bestselling Windows book under $15, and this newest edition helps readers save time and energy by providing answers to frequently asked questions in a quick and easy-to-navigate format. Bestselling author Greg Harvey offers updated information on the latest version of the Windows Media Player and Movie Maker 2, changes to Internet Explorer, and new security enhancements in SP2. Includes information on navigating the desktop; launching, adding, and removing programs; creating files; copying and deleting files and folders; creating shortcuts; connecting to the Internet; searching the Web; sending and receiving e-mail; plus more.
Windows Xp For Dummies Quick Reference 2005.pdf [5.18 Mb]
Pick the right equipment, secure your network, and share files
Share your Internet connection, access hot spots, and add on cool wireless peripherals
Thinking of going wireless? It's not as scary as it sounds! This fast and fun guidebook helps you decide what you need, install it, and get the most from all its cool options. Your PCs can share printers while you groove to your favorite MP3s and the family shares quality video game time - all from anywhere!
The Dummies Way
* Explanations in plain English
* "Get in, get out" information
* Icons and other navigational aids
* Tear-out cheat sheet
* Top ten lists
* A dash of humor and fun
Wireless Home Networking For Dummies 2003.pdf [7.10 Mb]
The first-ever book to show businesses step by step how to capitalize on advertising programs offered by Google, the world's #1 search engine, with more than 200 million search queries per day. Written by a veteran For Dummies author working in cooperation with Google, which will help support the book. From selecting the right keywords to crafting the right message, the book explains how to boost site traffic using AdWords, Google's hugely successful sponsored-link advertising program, which now has more than 150,000 advertisers. Also details how to make money with AdSense, a Google program that funnels relevant AdWords ads to other sites-and pays those sites whenever someone clicks on them.
Building Your Business With Google For Dummies 2004.pdf [14.67 Mb]
Discover the latest programming tips and techniques. Start writing programs for Windows, Linux, Macintosh, Palms, and PocketPCs
Ready to take control of your computer by writing your own programs? Mixing concepts with humor, author Wallace Wang shows you how to begin programming as simply and quickly as possible. In no time, youll find out how to create and debug programs in Liberty BASIC (trial downloadable), use algorithms, build interactive Web pages, and more.
Beginning Programming For Dummies 2004.pdf [44.29 Mb]
"Ethical hacking" is the process of entering into a hacker's mindset in order to spot system vulnerabilities by performing typical hacks in a controlled environment. This book helps security professionals understand how malicious users think and work, enabling administrators to defend their systems against attacks and to identify security vulnerabilities.
* Shows readers how to approach their system security from the hacker's perspective and perform nondestructive penetration testing
* Helps the reader develop an ethical hacking plan, and examines typical attacks and how to counteract them
* Guides readers through reporting vulnerabilities to upper management, managing security changes, automating the ethical hacking process, and training end-users to avoid being victimised.
Hacking-For-Dummies-2004.pdf [9.28 Mb]
[ Add all 26 links to your ed2k client ]
- Registered user
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:26 am
- Location: lurking in the shadows
- Been thanked: 4 times
Wiley, A+ Certification for Dummies 3Ed
This painless test preparation tool begins with an introduction to basic electronics and numbering systems relevant to computer processing, then builds hardware knowledge from the bottom up, and finishes off by demonstrating how to work on computers.
[Wiley] A+ Certification For Dummies [3rd Ed.] .chm [6.93 Mb]
Wiley, Beginning Programming with Java for Dummies 2ED
* Covering everything from basic Java development concepts to the latest tools and techniques used in Java, this book will put would-be programmers on their way to Java mastery
* Explores what goes into creating a program, how to put the pieces together, dealing with standard programming challenges, debugging, and making it work
* Updated for the release of the Java SDK 2.0, with all examples revised to reflect the changes in the technology.
For.Dummies.Beginning.Java.Programming.for.Dummies.2nd.Edition.Apr.2005.eBook-LinG.pdf [5.87 Mb]
Wiley, Cryptography for Dummies
* Cryptography is the most effective way to achieve data security and is essential to e-commerce activities such as online shopping, stock trading, and banking
* This invaluable introduction to the basics of encryption covers everything from the terminology used in the field to specific technologies to the pros and cons of different implementations
* Discusses specific technologies that incorporate cryptography in their design, such as authentication methods, wireless encryption, e-commerce, and smart cards
* Based entirely on real-world issues and situations, the material provides instructions for already available technologies that readers can put to work immediately
* Expert author Chey Cobb is retired from the NRO, where she held a Top Secret security clearance, instructed employees of the CIA and NSA on computer security and helped develop the computer security policies used by all U.S. intelligence agencies
John Wiley & Sons Cryptography For Dummies Ebook-Lib.chm [3.99 Mb]
Wiley, Dungeons and Dragons for Dummies
Just want to play? Here's where to start!
Understand the game, choose a character, and pick up the language of D&D®
Dreaming of Dungeons & Dragons®, but afraid it takes years to master the game? Meet your personal wizard! This book conjures up the basics to get you started — essential rules, pregenerated characters, tips and tricks to improve your play, even a foldout dungeon map and battle grid. Read it today, and play tomorrow!
Discover how to
* Create a character
* Choose skills, spells, weapons, and gear
* Find a game or start your own
* Follow D&D® game etiquette
* Become a Dungeon Master
* Enhance your game skills
Dungeons and Dragons for Dummies.pdf [43.47 Mb]
Wiley, Europe for Dummies
Part I: Introducing Europe.
Chapter 1: Discovering the Best of Europe.
Chapter 2: Deciding Where and When to Go.
Chapter 3: Presenting Five Great Itineraries.
Part II: Planning Your Trip to Europe.
Chapter 4: Managing Your Money.
Chapter 5: Getting to Europe.
Chapter 6: Getting Around Europe.
Chapter 7: Booking Your Accommodations.
Chapter 8: Catering to Special Travel Needs or Interests.
Chapter 9: Taking Care of the Remaining Details.
Part III: The British Isles.
Chapter 10: London and the Best of England.
Chapter 11: Edinburgh and the Best of Scotland.
Chapter 12: Dublin and the Best of Ireland.
Part IV: Central Europe.
Chapter 13: Paris and Environs.
Chapter 14: Amsterdam and Environs.
Chapter 15: Munich and Bavaria.
Chapter 16: Vienna and the Best of Austria.
Chapter 17: Bern and the Swiss Alps.
Chapter 18: Prague and Environs.
Part V: Mediterranean Europe.
Chapter 19: Rome and Southern Italy.
Chapter 20: Florence and the Tuscany Region.
Chapter 21: Venice and Environs.
Chapter 22: Madrid and the Best of Castile.
Chapter 23: The Best of Barcelona.
Chapter 24: Athens and the Greek Islands.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 25: The Ten Most Overrated Sights and Attractions in Europe.
Chapter 26: Ten Overlooked Gems.
Chapter 27: The Top Ten Gifts for $20 or Less.
Chapter 28: Ten Ways to Break Out of the Tourist Mold.
Appendix: Quick Concierge.
Wiley.Europe.For.Dummies,.3rd.Edition.YYePG.pdf [17.12 Mb]
Wiley, Fighting Spam For Dummies
If you have e-mail, you have spam—that annoying electronic junk mail that jams your inbox, sometimes makes you blush, and takes a lot of the fun out of your online experience. Spam wastes thousands of hours and costs you, the recipient of the stuff you don’t want, thousands of dollars in increased costs that your Internet service provider eventually passes along to you. In fact, a European survey in 2001 revealed that spam costs about $9.4 billion each year!
Spammers spam because they’re not paying for it, you are. The good news is, you can fight back, and Fighting Spam For Dummies tells you how. Find out
* Where spam comes from
* How to set up spam filters
* How folders help filter out spam
* What additional programs can help
* Where—and how—to report spam
* How best to lobby for spam control
You’ll get the plai n-English explanation for activating any additional protection offered by your ISP, and discover how to make the best use of any spam filter that came with your e-mail program. Fighting Spam For Dummies will arm you with information about
* Making your address harder for spammers to grab
* Why simply hitting “delete” isn’t enough
* Tracking down the source of the spam
* What you can learn from e-mail headers
* How spam filters work—and why they aren’t foolproof
* Setting up the maximum level of filtration for your e-mail program and ISP
* What information your ISP needs when you report spam
* How—and how not—to complain
* Adding protection with POPFile
* Ways to protect your clients if you’re a network administrator
The ultimate solution to spam has yet to be found, but these Internet-savvy authors give you the tools to help level the playing field. They also offer some solid suggestions for anti-spam laws and how you can join the war on spam.
Wiley,.Fighting.Spam.for.Dummies.(2004).LiB.chm [3.56 Mb]
Wiley, HDTV for Dummies
Get HDTV and get connected without getting confused!
Buy wisely, surround yourself with sound, watch your movies in HD, and more.
If HDTV looks appealing but the mountain of mumbo-jumbo has you peeling out the door, take heart! Finally, here's a plain-English explanation of what HDTV is and how to choose one, hook it up, locate and access programming sources, and even how to connect your movie machines and Xbox for even more HD fun.
Discover how to:
* Plan your HDTV system and choose the right equipment.
* Connect to programming sources.
* Add A/V entertainment gear and accessories.
* Access HDTV over your home network.
Wiley - HDTV for Dummies.(2005).pdf [4.70 Mb]
Wiley, Home Networking For Dummies, 3rd Edition
# As home networking technologies become more affordable and more popular, this new edition of a bestseller introduces readers to the basics of home networking
# Walks readers through sharing printers or an Internet connection across several computers and explains how game consoles, televisions, and stereos can also be networked
# Discusses all of the important aspects of having a home network, including planning and installing the network, security, and maintenance
# This new edition covers Windows XP Service Pack 2 (a significant update for security, compatibility, stability, wired and wireless networking, and broadband changes) and pays special attention to the Windows Firewall
# Topics include choosing and installing hardware, file sharing, sharing an Internet connection, security, Wi-Fi, and network maintenance
Wiley, Home Networking for Dummies (2005), 3Ed..DDU.pdf [8.84 Mb]
Wiley, HTML 4 for Dummies 4Ed
* HTML continues to serve as the foundation for hundreds of millions of Web pages, making it essential for Web authors, programmers, designers, and even hobbyists
* Fully updated with enhancements recommended by readers: broader coverage of navigation aids, design and implementation issues, and key tools and utilities
* Features a strong emphasis on step-by-step Web page creation and contains additional explanations of terms and concepts
* Covers HTML tags and attributes; putting HTML on the Web; using tables for page layout; using Cascading Style Sheets; adding sound, video, animation, and images; making pages dynamic; creating forms; building frames; and formatting creatively
* Written by veteran For Dummies author team who wrote previous editions, with sales totalling more than 325,000 copies
* Companion Web site provides examples, useful downloads, tools, and other helpful information
+Wiley, HTML 4 for Dummies (2003) 4Ed KB; BM OCR 7.0-2.6 .pdf [4.84 Mb]
Wiley, HTML 4 for Dummies 5Ed
* Now features a full-color, six-panel tear-out Cheat Sheet that's packed with information-an HTML command and syntax reference, a chart of Web-safe colors, and an alphabetical listing of CSS elements
* Despite new Web-authoring technologies, HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) remains the one fundamental building block of the Web
* Updates to this classic guide include a totally revamped description of XHTML syntax, expanded CSS coverage, and a new section on building navigation elements
* Includes an all-new section of example projects-creating an eBay auction page, designing an online product catalog, and adding multimedia elements to an existing site
For Dummies Html 4 For Dummies 5Th Edition May 2005 Ebook-Ddu.pdf [10.54 Mb]
Wiley, Illustrator CS for Dummies
Includes companion Web site with bonus chapters and more!
Here’s how to make friends with the top graphics software for both Mac and Windows
So you thought Illustrator should really be called "Intimidator"? Not so! Let this book draw you a map through the jungle of pages, paths, pixels, and Pen tools, and before you know it, you’ll have your creations in print, on the Web, or even on a PDA. Then, just smile mysteriously when folks say "Wow!"
The Dummies Way
* Explanations in plain English
* "Get in, get out" information
* Icons and other navigational aids
* Tear-out cheat sheet
* Top ten lists
* A dash of humor and fun
John Wiley Sons Illustrator Cs For Dummies Ebook-Lib.chm [16.52 Mb]
Wiley, Investing Online For Dummies, 5th Edition
Everybody talks about it—how much you can save , and earn, when you start an online investment program. If you’ve decided you’re ready to find out what all the excitement’s about, you’re in luck. Investing Online For Dummies has been completely revised and updated with the latest tools, Web sites, rule changes, and tips that can make online investing easy and profitable.
To be a successful online investor, you need to know your way around the Web and you also need to understand something about investments. Investing Online For Dummies can help you make sound financial decisions by:
* Outlining basic investment fundamentals
* Explaining how stock options work and helping you determine the value of your employee stock option plan
* Pointing out costly traps and ways to avoid them
* Directing you to resources that provide information you need and helping you make sense of it
* Showing you how to use the Internet to become a savvy investor
This 5th edition of Investing Online For Dummies provides clear instructions and ample illustrations, taking you from the basics of online investing to making your own online stock transactions to purchasing bonds online. A few of the things you’ll discover:
* What’s important in an online brokerage and how to locate one that meets your needs
* How to find Internet resources that help you select mutual funds
* How to use stock online screens to find investment candidates that will move you toward your financial goals
* Where to look for direct stock purchase and ShareBuilder plans that let you invest online for as little as $25 a month
* How Internet tools can help you analyze and choose stocks and bonds
* The secrets to paying the lowest commissions when trading online
There’s so much information available on the Internet that you can easily feel overwhelmed. Investing Online For Dummies leads you through that maze, showing you how to get started, what you really need to know, where to go online to find it, and how to get the process underway. When it comes to choosing which cruise to take to celebrate your success, however, you’re on your own!
+Wiley, Investing Online for Dummies (2005), 5Ed YYePG OCR 7.0-2.6 .pdf [6.02 Mb]
Wiley, Java All-in-One Desk Reference for Dummies
* Nine minibooks filling more than 800 pages provide the world's five million-plus Java developers with a basic all-in-one programming reference
* Covers the recent release of the Java 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 and the new J2SE Development Kit 5.0
* Starts with beginner topics including getting started with Java, using the Java development platform, and Web programming
* Expands into more advanced Java fundamentals such as object-oriented programming, working with arrays and collections, and creating user interfaces with Swing
Wiley,.Java.All-in-One.Desk.Reference.for.Dummies.(2005).DDU.pdf [13.82 Mb]
Wiley, Mac OS X Tiger Timesaving Techniques For Dummies
Time—the commodity most of us never have enough of. Mac OS X Tiger Timesaving Techniques For Dummies is exactly what you need to get more results from every minute you spend with your Mac OS X Tiger.
Loaded with more than 60 timesaving tricks and techniques, this helpful volume gets right to the point and shows you how to streamline dozens of everyday computer functions. If you already know your way around Mac OS X Tiger, you can discover how to speed up your Mac, make searches faster and more efficient, optimize your network, and a lot more. For example, you can
* Create your own keyboard shortcuts
* Find files faster with Spotlight
* Save steps with contextual menus
* Make the most of the address book and iCal
* Take advantage of Safari RSS feeds
* Use your iPod for secure, encrypted storage
* Set up a videoconference with iChat AV
There are guidelines for customizing OS X to meet your specific needs, so your Mac will be well organized even if you aren’t. And the techniques are organized too, by the application or the general concept for which they work. You get no-nonsense, step-by-step instructions for putting each technique to work. After all, the whole point of Mac OS X Tiger Timesaving Techniques For Dummies is—well, saving time! These are a few of the places where this book will help you trim the minutes.
* Starting, stopping, and running your Mac more efficiently
* Optimizing your interface and customizing the Finder, windows, and the Dock
* Organizing, managing, and finding stuff—yours, and the computer’s
* Beefing up application performance
* Using the Internet more efficiently, with tips on searching, stopping spam, using Google, and more
* Making the most of your network
* Being more efficient with multimedia, including boosting productivity with your iPod
* Maintaining your Mac and keeping it secure
* Creating your own timesaving techniques with Automator and other slightly advanced tricks
You can’t help but be more productive with Mac OS X Tiger Timesaving Techniques For Dummies!
Wiley, Max OS X Tiger Timesaving Techniques for Dummies (2005).LinG.pdf [38.44 Mb]
Wiley, PC Recording Studios for Dummies
Here's how to make sound decisions about a desktop studio
Get the lowdown on equipment, design your studio space, and set your music free!
If you've been dreaming of making music with your computer, wake up and get started! Musician Jeff Strong clears a path for you through all the confusing options, helping you sort out hardware and software choices, coax the sound you want from your equipment, work with equalizers and processors, and start your creative juices flowing!
Discover how to
* Choose the right system and install software
* Optimize studio sound for recording and mixing
* Understand audio interfaces, sound cards, and MIDI gear
* Compare popular programs
* Mix and master your tracks
Wiley,.PC.Recording.Studios.for.Dummies.(2005).LinG.pdf [9.30 Mb]
Wiley, PCs for Dummies Quick Reference 3Ed
* Offering fast answers to frequently asked questions in a small-trim, lay-flat format, this is the ideal ready-reference for new PC users
* Delivers instantly accessible information on how to set up a PC, get on the Internet, and work with Windows files and applications
* This new edition offers updated information on Windows XP Service Pack 2, wireless networking, broadband Internet, Internet connection sharing, digital music and recording, digital photos and scanners, and the latest hardware-CD and recordable DVD drives, USB ports, LCD monitors, optical mice, and more
Wiley,.PCs.for.Dummies.Quick.Reference.(2005),.3Ed.LinG.pdf [5.32 Mb]
Wiley, Photoshop CS2 For Dummies
* An all-new full-color edition, updated for the latest software release and bargain-priced at under $30
* New author Peter Bauer-a highly regarded Photoshop pro-has rewritten the book from scratch in its entirety
* Cross-platform Mac-PC coverage includes program basics, working with camera RAW tools, organizing and managing image files, enhancing images, using channels and masks, painting and drawing, adding masks and special effects, creating Web photo galleries, and streamlining workflow
For.Dummies.Photoshop.CS2.For.Dummies.May.2005.eBook-DDU.pdf [36.12 Mb]
Wiley, Photoshop CS Timesaving Techniques For Dummies
This guide will probably change your image of Photoshop. Many users tend to use it to do certain things in certain ways and don’t even explore additional features and capabilities. Photoshop cs Timesaving Techniques For Dummies gives you more than 60 timesaving techniques that will speed up the way you do the things you do now and inspire you to do lots more. You’ll discover how to:
* Install and use peripheral devices such as digital cameras, scanners, tablets, and printers
* Customize Photoshop to fit your needs with custom keyboard shortcuts, a color management system, presets, and more
* Create custom palette groups and workspaces
* Use a drawing tablet and stylus to easily double your output
* Create sketches, water colors, and silkscreens and paint with oils
* Create professional-quality separations for high-quality offset printing, including using the CMYK prepress settings, soft proofing, adding printer’s marks and more
* Create action sets so you can perform repetitive tasks that would take an hour in seconds
* Organize, color code, and lock layers and create layer sets
* Use Blending Modes (there are more than 20 to choose from) to enhance images
Written by Phyllis Davis, a writer, graphics and Web designer, teacher, and graphics software expert , this guide features a Color Insert so you can see the results of many of the techniques explained, and a companion Web site (http://www.dummies.com/go/photoshopcstt) where you can download many of the images and follow along and experiment. You’ll discover how to get results like a pro as you experiment with:
* Creating great effects with layer styles, using the five types of bevel and emboss, inner and outer glows, blending, and more
* Using the Brush and Pencil painting tools and the Blur, Sharpen, Smudge, Burn, and Sponge editing tools
* Enhancing photos, creating montages and panoramas, recoloring, retouching, and more
* Creating shadow type, knock-out type, liquid type, metal type, and more
* Creating GIF animations, hotspots, and rollovers for the Web
You’ll save steps and discover exciting new possibilities with these 60-plus timesaving, image-saving techniques.
John Wiley And Sons Photoshop Cs Timesaving Techniques For Dummies Ebook-Lib.chm [41.34 Mb]
Wiley, Photoshop Elements 3 for Dummies
Do you want to rearm Venus de Milo, shave Uncle Harry’s beard, or turn gray skies to blue? Have at it with PhotoshopElements 3 For Dummies, your guide to enhancing the effect, fixing the flaws, or adding artistic effects to your photos. You’ll discover how to:
* Import and organize your photos
* Create, rearrange, blend and manipulate layers to create a composite image
* Save photos using the correct file format— TIFF (Tagged Image File Format, PDF (Portable Document Format), or BMP (for PC users)
* Save for the Web with JPEG and GIF
* Take advantage of the terrific Help Great Help system, including a How To palette with step-by-step tutorials for image editing and features
* Create a slide show, a picture package, or a Web photo gallery
PhotoshopElements 3 For Dummies was written by Dele McClelland, award-winning author of more than 75 titles, including Photoshop for Dummies and Photoshop CS Bible, and Galen Fott, writer and reviewer for Macworld and PC Magazine. It includes 16 pages of full-color examples that demonstrate capabilities and show you “before” and “after” photos. You’ll get step-by-step specifics on techniques that can transform your photos, including:
* Selecting the area you want to work with using the lasso, marquee, or magic wand tools or the selection brush
* Using the healing brush to remove imperfections such as blemishes and the new red eye removal tool to remove that demonic glow
* Adjusting color with a variety of tools and techniques
* Applying filters such as Blur, Gaussian Blur, Colored Pencil, Diffuse Glow, Glass, Glowing Edges and many more
* Color correcting quickly with fast color-corrections
* Using the layer styles in the Styles and Effects palette to let your imagination go wild with painting, drawing, applying drop shadows and bevels, adding text, and more
* Using the brush, pencil, eraser, shape and cookie cutter tools
* Working with the type tools, including formatting options, warping type into unusual shapes, and creating outline type
* Making the most of the effects, including frame, image effects, text effects, and textures
* Using Photomerge to create panoramic pictures
PhotoshopElements 3 For Dummies doesn’t just give you instructions—it gives you ideas. You’ll be inspired to capitalize on the capabilities and explore different techniques to enhance and share your photos.
+Wiley, Photoshop Elements 3 for Dummies (2005).LinG.pdf [25.44 Mb]
Wiley, QuarkXPress 6 For Dummies
# Get a quick handle on the new features of QuarkXPress 6, including Mac OS X and Windows XP compatibility, enhanced undo functionality, full-resolution previews, and new ways to manage complex projects
# Written by designers for designers, covering all the major tools for layout, text editing, special effects, Web page development, and printing in simple, easy-to-understand language
# Enables both beginning and intermediate designers to start using the program quickly
# From two highly qualified authors: Barbara Assadi, former manager of Quark, Inc.’s Editorial Services department, and Galen Gruman, a desktop publishing pioneer and former executive editor of Macworld
+Wiley, QuarkXPress 6 For Dummies (2003).LiB.chm [19.18 Mb]
Wiley, Quicken 2004 For Dummies
Effectively managing money is essential to achieving your financial goals, but if the mere thought of money management makes your palms sweat, you’re not alone. If you run a small business, financial management can be the key to success. Whether it be personal or business finances, you’ll have a tough time if you don’t take care of the dollars with sense.
Money management programs like Quicken can save the day, but some of those are almost as confusing as the whole financial management mystery itself. Furthermore, the constant changes in tax laws and interest rates require them to be updated frequently. That’s where Quicken 2004 For Dummies comes in. Whether you’ve just bought Quicken software for the first time or you’re updating from a previous version, this book will help you
* Set up Quicken 2004 for your personal or business needs
* Handle your checkbook
* Manage accounts payable and receivable
* Take control of your finances
* Prepare for tax time
If you’re familiar with an earlier version of Quicken, you can skip the basics and jump right into upgrading the program and using the newest revision. Either way, you’ll find out how to
* Manage the bills for your family or business and set up a checkbook
* Maintain detailed financial records and generate reports
* Track your expenses and tax deductions
* Make the most of your investments and set up a savings program to reach your goals
* Control your credit cards and unlock the mystery of interest accrual
* Handle accounts payable and receivable, and keep track of business income and outgo
* Set up the records you’ll need to make filing taxes much easier
With Quicken 2004 as your electronic financial assistant, you may find managing your finances is no longer scary. Quicken 2004 For Dummies makes it quick and easy to find out.
+Wiley, Quicken 2004 For Dummies (2003).LiB.chm [15.56 Mb]
Wiley, RFID for Dummies
# Many companies have asked suppliers to begin using RFID (radio frequency identification) tags by 2006
# RFID allows pallets and products to be scanned at a greater distance and with less effort than barcode scanning, offering superior supply-chain management efficiencies
# This unique plain-English resource explains RFID and shows CIOs, warehouse managers, and supply-chain managers how to implement RFID tagging in products and deploy RFID scanning at a warehouse or distribution center
# Covers the business case for RFID, pilot programs, timelines and strategies for site assessments and deployments, testing guidelines, privacy and regulatory issues, and more
+Wiley, RFID for Dummies (2005).LinG.pdf [9.13 Mb]
Wiley, SAP NetWeaver For Dummies
Imagine that it’s the 1950s, and you are in charge of developing the U. S. interstate system. There are countless roads already in use. The system can go in numerous different directions. Where do you begin?
Starting to transform your business with SAP NetWeaver is that daunting. NetWeaver is both an application platform and an integration platform. It integrates your current IT systems to enable portals, collaboration, data management, and development environments. To grasp the complexities and possibilities of SAP ASAP, dig in with SAP NetWeaver For Dummies and explore:
* MySAP Business Suite
* SAP Enterprise Planning Resource (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Human Capital Management (HCM), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), and more
* Mobile Infrastructure that performs like a universal translator for mobile interfaces, including laptops, wireless phones, and PDAs
* Master Data Management, including using the content consolidation technique to “clean up” data, master data harmonization to distribute it, and central master data management to maintain a data repository
* Web Application Service and NetWeaver Developer Studio—tools that let you integrate and create your own customized applications
Written by Dan Woods, former CTO of The Street.com and CapitalThinking, and Jeffrey Word, the Director of Technology Strategy for SAP, this guide features real-life stories from businesses and examples of typical uses to help you cut through the complexities and get up and running. It includes a CD-ROM with:
* Detailed white papers and product overviews
* Stores from customers using SAP NetWeaver today
* Demos that show SAP NetWeaver in action
* A directory of resources for additional information
Like that interstate system, SAP NetWeaver doesn’t have to be integrated all at once. You choose the applications that have the most potential to benefit your company’s operations and bottom line. SAP NetWeaver For Dummies even gives you recommendations for rolling it out and suggests practical ways to get started and get quick returns on your SAP investment. Then you’re going full-speed ahead on the road to success!
+Wiley, Sap Netweaver For Dummies (2004).LiB.chm [9.01 Mb]
Wiley, Search Engine Optimization for Dummies
“If we build it, they will come.”
Unfortunately, in the field of Web sites, that’s an unfulfilled dream. Having a Web site does not automatically guarantee having traffic, even if you register the site with appropriate search engines. Whether you’re an e-tailer who wants customers, a business that wants clients, or an organization that wants to get your message out, Search Engine Optimization For Dummies explains the rules of the game with information on:
* Spiders—not the yucky kind, but the software that grabs Web pages, and then,,reads and indexes the information
* Search indexes or engines, search directories, non-spidered indexes, and pay-per-click systems
* The eight search systems you really need to impress and how to get your pages into them
* Keywords and how to choose them strategically and use them often
* Submitting to the directories, including the biggies (Yahoo! Directory and the Open Director Project) and second-tier directories
* Using shopping directories for e-commerce sites, complete with a list of nine popular ones and CPCs (cost per click) for various types of merchandise on various sites
Written by Peter Kent, e-commerce consultant, popular speaker, and critically-acclaimed author, Search Engine Optimization For Dummies helps you build a search engine- friendly site (or fix an existing site) and build traffic, showing you how to:
* Use effective Web site structure and text, including filenames, directory structure, title tags, descriptive meta tags, keyword meta tags, and an HTML navigation system,
* Avoid things search engines avoid, such as frames, invisible navigation systems, including those created with Java applets, Java Scripts and Macromedia Flash, cluttered sites overloaded with HTML unrelated to content, and more
* Bulk up your site with content—original or recycled
* Use specialized search systems to attract valuable, highly targeted traffic
* Use link popularity to boost your position and your PageRank
Complete with a tear-out cheat sheet and information about Web sites you may want to hit for even more information, Search Engine Optimization For Dummies will help you make the Web site hit list.
+Wiley, Search Engine Optimization for Dummies (2004) BM OCR 7.0 .pdf [11.28 Mb]
Wiley, Starting an Online Business for Dummies 4ED
# Delivers all the know-how would-be online entrepreneurs need to get their business off the ground, from identifying a market need and choosing a Web hosting service to securing transactions and attracting customers
# The book has been fully revamped with new coverage of setting up Amazon, Yahoo!, and other storefronts; running an eBay business; building profits via affiliate programs and middlemen; improving rankings on Google and other search engines; securing sites with firewalls; monitoring site traffic; and blogging
# Completely updated throughout, with new profiles of successful online businesses, a revised directory of Internet business resources (now available on the book's companion Web site), and the latest on advertising techniques and legal and tax requirements
# Contains helpful examples of businesses that survived the dot-com bust and continue to thrive, plus examples of strategies to avoid
+Wiley, Starting an Online Business fo rDummies (2005),.4Ed.LinG.pdf [10.52 Mb]
Wiley, SUSE Linux 9.3 for Dummies
* This easy-to-understand book for beginning SUSE Linux users starts off with step-by-step installation instructions and a discussion of what happens when the system is started for the first time
* Explains how to use SUSE on the desktop, work with the file manager, connect to the Internet, and set up a home network
* Topics addressed include performing everyday tasks, such as browsing the Web; reading e-mail and newsgroups; and using the OpenOffice.org office productivity suite and multimedia applications
* Offers details on basic system administration and security and shows how to add new software and keep the system up to date with YaST (Yet another Setup Tool) and YaST Online Update (YOU)
+Wiley, SUSE Linux 9.3 for Dummies (2005) DDU; OCR 7.0-2.6 .pdf [9.74 Mb]
Wiley, Syndicating Web Sites with RSS Feeds for Dummies
So you have a business and you have a Web site. Bravo! You’re doing all the right things to be successful. But wait — the information on your Web site needs to be updated, and your customers need to know. Good heavens, didn’t you spend half of last week doing that? There’s got to be a quicker, easier way to keep your clientele informed, and while we’re at it, how about building your business too?
RSS can come to your rescue, but first you need to know what it is and how to use it. Syndicating Web Sites With RSS Feeds For Dummies has what you need to know to get up and running fast—and with today’s flood of constantly-changing information, “fast” is a top priority.
Here, in plain English, you’ll find out how to:
* Use RSS to drive traffic to your Web site and build brand awareness
* Choose and install the right software, set up RSS feeds, and decide on the format that meets your needs
* Create RSS feeds from scratch, or put a news reader on your Web site
* Improve your site’s ranking in search engines and build customer loyalty
* Enable your customers to choose when and how they receive updated information
* Tailor information for your audience and publish all your updates quickly and easily
* Promote your RSS feed and explain to your customers how to use it
* Provide added value for your customers
Making the most of RSS can make life easier for both you and those who do business with you. Syndicating Web Sites With RSS Feeds For Dummies will help you maintain fresh content for your Web site, blog, or e-zine, promote your site and establish links to it, and even update vital documents like employee guides, price lists, and procedures manuals, quickly and easily.
+Wiley, Syndicating Web Sites with RSS Feeds for Dummies (2005).DDU.pdf [11.80 Mb]
Wiley, UNIX For Dummies, 5th Edition
* UNIX For Dummies has been the standard for beginning UNIX references for nearly ten years, and this latest edition continues that tradition of success
* This unparalled resource is updated to cover the latest applications of UNIX technology, including Linux and Mac desktops as well as how UNIX works with Microsoft server software
* Thorough coverage of how to handle UNIX installation, file management, software, utilities, networks, Internet access, and other basic tasks
* Aimed at the first-time UNIX desktop user growing accustomed to the ins and outs of the OS, as well as the beginning administrator who needs to get a handle on UNIX networking basics
* Written by John Levine and Margaret Levine Young, longtime UNIX experts and highly experienced For Dummies authors
+Wiley, UNIX For Dummies 5Ed (2004).LiB.chm [2.95 Mb]
Wiley, Windows Server 2003 for Dummies
The perfect handbook for those who need to deploy, install, and configure installations, upgrade from previous versions, understand network addresses, manage day-to-day operations, configure storage, manage users and groups, implement security measures, configure mail services, and perform other vital administrative tasks.
Covers the enhanced features and updates of the new version including the Microsoft .NET framework, Active Directory and its new drag and drop object management, Internet Information Server, and the Microsoft Management Console.
+Wiley, Windows Server 2003 for Dummies (2003).chm [9.99 Mb]
Wiley, XML For Dummies, 4th Edition
Lucinda has authored, co-authored, edited, and been a contributing author to numerous computer books; the most recent include Dreamweaver MX 2004 Savvy (Sybex), XML for Dummies (3rd Edition, Wiley), Dreamweaver MX Fireworks MX Savvy (Sybex), XML Schemas (Sybex), and Mastering XHTML (Sybex). When she can manage to move herself away from her keyboard, other interests include holographic technologies, science fiction, and Bollywood movies.
Ed Tittel is a 23-year veteran of the computing industry. After spending his first seven years in harness writing code, Ed switched to the softer side of the business as a trainer and talking head. A freelance writer since 1986, Ed has written hundreds of magazine and Web articles — and worked on over 100 computer books, including numerous For Dummies titles on topics that include several Windows versions, NetWare, HTML, XHTML, and XML.
Ed is also Technology Editor for Certification Magazine, writes for numerous TechTarget Web sites, and writes a twice-monthly newsletter, “Must Know News,” for CramSession.com. In his spare time, Ed likes to shoot pool, cook, and spend time with his wife Dina and his son Gregory. He also likes to explore the world away from the keyboard with his trusty Labrador retriever, Blackie. Ed can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
+Wiley, XML For Dummies (2005), 4Ed.DDU.pdf [7.00 Mb]
Thanks goto my tag team partner kim
[ Add all 30 links to your ed2k client ]
Illustrator 10 For Dummies covers the latest updates to Adobe Illustrator, including Web graphic tools and new effects you can apply to your images. The book also covers several timesaving shortcuts, creating brilliant graphics, exporting artwork to other applications, and printing your projects like a pro. Discover how to create curves, add transparency to elements, develop professional looking logos, and use layer effects. Packed with great information and plenty of humor, Illustrator 10 For Dummies is the fun and easy ticket to becoming an Illustrator expert with out any of the pain.
Illustrator 10 For Dummies.pdf [1.72 Mb]
Code: Select all
In the numbers explosion all around us in our modern-day dealings, the buzzword is data, as in, “Do you have any data to support your claim?” “The data supported the original hypothesis that . . .” and “The data bear this out. . . .” But the field of statistics is not just about data. Statistics is the entire process involved in gathering evidence to answer questions about the world, in cases where that evidence happens to be numerical data. Statistics For Dummies is for everyone who wants to sort through and evaluate the incredible amount of statistical information that comes to them on a daily basis. (You know the stuff: charts, graphs, tables, as well as headlines that talk about the results of the latest poll, survey, experiment, or other scientific study.) This book arms you with the ability to decipher and make important decisions about statistical results, being ever aware of the ways in which people can mislead you with statistics. Get the inside scoop on number-crunching nuances, plus insight into how you can * Determine the odds * Calculate a standard score * Find the margin of error * Recognize the impact of polls * Establish criteria for a good survey * Make informed decisions about experiments This down-to-earth reference is chock-full of real examples from real sources that are relevant to your everyday life: from the latest medical breakthroughs, crime studies, and population trends to surveys on Internet dating, cell phone use, and the worst cars of the millennium. Statistics For Dummies departs from traditional statistics texts, references, supplement books, and study guides in the following ways: * Practical and intuitive explanations of statistical concepts, ideas, techniques, formulas, and calculations. * Clear and concise step-by-step procedures that intuitively explain how to work through statistics problems. * Upfront and honest answers to your questions like, “What does this really mean?” and “When and how I will ever use this?” Chances are, Statistics For Dummies will be your No. 1 resource for discovering how numerical data figures into your corner of the universe.
Original post by Numbers
- Registered user
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:39 pm
* This book is the perfect beginner reference, showing those new to CSS how to design Web pages and implement numerous useful CSS effects available
* Seasoned For Dummies author Richard Mansfield explains how CSS can streamline and speed up Web development
* Explains how to take control of the many elements in a Web page, integrate CSS into new or existing sites, choose the best coding techniques, and execute advanced visual effects such as transitions
* Features a special discussion on browser incompatibility issues involving CSS and how to solve potential problems
Wiley.-.Css.Web.Design.For.Dummies.-.2005.-.(By.Laxxuss).pdf [12.90 Mb]
* C# is Microsoft's object-oriented programming language designed for improving productivity in the development of Web applications
* Fully revised for C# 2005, this book begins with creating a C# program, then moves into C# and object-oriented programming fundamentals, Windows programming with C# and Visual Studio, and debugging and error handling
* A friendly, conversational approach to understanding C# is certain to get readers quickly creating applications
C#.2005.For.Dummies.(2007).pdf [8.46 Mb]
[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]
Laptops for Dummies 2005.pdf [6.60 Mb]Understand your laptop, power it up, and play it safe
Follow Dan's plan for picking the perfect laptop and hit the road
You hold in your hands the next-best thing to a laptop itself -- the complete fun-and-easy guide to choosing and using the laptop that fits your needs.
Here's Dan Gookin's should-be-patented five-step process for buying a computer plus the complete laptop lowdown -- power management, wireless
access, special security issues, and more.
Discover how to
* Decide what you want and shop accordingly
* Use Windows Vista on your laptop
* Connect external devices via USB ports
* Hook up with a wireless network
* Protect your laptop and your data
Home Theatre For Dummies
Wiley - Home Theater for Dummies (2006) 2Ed.pdf [6.28 Mb]Create the home entertainment center that fits your home and your tastes
Gadget fans, a home theater setup is the stuff your dreams are made of. This book keeps the dream from becoming a nightmare! Here's how to select,
set up, and optimize a system, translate the salesperson's geek-speak, connect all the parts throughout your home, and even do cool stuff like accessing
your system from your laptop computer.
Discover how to
* Choose the right space for your system
* Select and connect source devices
* Understand speakers, TV types, and remotes
* Create a whole-home network
* Access your system away from home
VoIP For Dummies
Wiley - VoIP for Dummies.pdf [8.35 Mb]Put your phone system on your computer network and see the savings
See how to get started with VoIP, how it works, and why it saves you money
VoIP is techspeak for "voice over Internet protocol," but it could spell "saving big bucks" for your business! Here's where to get the scoop in plain English.
Find out how VoIP can save you money, how voice communication travels online, and how to choose the best way to integrate your phone system with
your network at home or at the office.
Discover how to:
Use VoIP for your business or home phone service
Choose the best network type
Set up VoIP on a wireless network
Understand transports and services
Demonstrate VoIP's advantages to management
BlackBerry For Dummies
BlackBerry For Dummies (2006).pdf [9.21 Mb]Is your BlackBerry (or the one you’re thinking about getting) a full-fledged PDA (Personal Data Assistant), a hand-held mini-computer, a high-tech
organizer, or a cell phone? The answer is yes. It’s all of those and more. Whether you’re considering getting a BlackBerry and want to know what it can
do for you or whether you own one and want to learn how it can do more, this is the BlackBerry book to pick. It provides explanations of core BlackBerry
features plus real-world tips and tricks to help you get more out of e-mail, Web browsing, phone functions, business applications, utilities, and even
Poker for Dummies
Wiley, Poker for Dummies 2006.pdf [12.89 Mb]Know what it takes to start winning hand after hand by exploring strategy; getting to know antes and betting structure; knowing your opponents,
and understanding the odds. Poker For Dummies also covers the following topics and more:
Poker games such as Seven-Card Stud, Omaha, and Texas Hold'em
Setting up a game at home
Playing in a casino: Do's and don'ts
Improving your play with Internet and video poker
Deciphering poker sayings and slang
Ten ways to read your opponent's body language
Playing in poker tournaments
Money management and recordkeeping
Knowing when and how to bluff
Poker looks like such a simple game. Anyone, it seems, can play it well – but that's far from the truth. Learning the rules can be quick work, but
becoming a winning player takes considerably longer. Still, anyone willing to make the effort can become a good player. You can succeed in poker the
way you succeed in life: by facing it squarely, getting up earlier than the next person, and working harder and smarter than the competition.
OpenOffice for Dummies
Wiley OpenOffice for Dummies.pdf [9.54 Mb]
Uses the straightforward For Dummies style to show Linux and Windows users how to use the OpenOffice.org desktop productivity suite
OpenOffice.org has a user interface and feature set similar to that of other office suites and works transparently with a variety of file formats, including
those of Microsoft Office
Explains how to download, install, and set up both the Linux and Windows versions of OpenOffice.org
Organized by the four key desktop applications provided in the OpenOffice.org suite: Writer (word processing), Calc (spreadsheets), Impress
(presentations), and Draw (graphics)
Wiley,.Roxio.Easy.Media.Creator.8.For.Dummies.(2006).DDU.pdf [10.22 Mb]Your step-by-step guide to digital media fun - no experience required!
Share your movies, create a music library, or preserve important records
What do you want to put on CDs or DVDs? Whether you need a backup archive for valuable business data or a personalized video library that rocks, you
can do it with Roxio Easy Media Creator 8. Follow this handy guide to find the task you want to perform and make it happen, quickly and easily.
Discover how to
Quickly navigate the Creator 8 suite
Copy data with Drag-to-Disc
Schedule regular backups
Produce slideshows with background music
Build media projects with task Assistants
Create DVDs with audio, video, and photos
iPod And iTunes For Dummies
Wiley, Ipod And Itunes For Dummies (2005) Yyepg.pdf [11.44 Mb]Make the most of iPods and iTunes with this updated guide to the latest models and enhancements. You'll learn about everything from buying
music and videos, importing music, and burning CDs to setting up play lists, transferring and viewing photos, adding podcasts, maintaining battery life,
and synchronizing information.
Blogging For Dummies
Wiley, Blogging For Dummies (2006) Ddu.pdf [16.10 Mb]If you want to give yourself a Web presence without spending a lot of time or money, a blog is your answer and this is your guide. Blogs (Web
logs) are short, diary-like entries on a Web site that has a chronological, journal format. Fun or informative, but not formal, blogs are easy to set up,
maintain, and update. You can share your personal, stream-of-consciousness musings or your expertise on any subject ranging from your family vacation
to world peace. This guide helps beginners (even technophobes) get started fast, with the essential info on:
The elements of blogs, such as entries, sidebars, categories, comments, and index pages
The different types of hosting services, from free to fee and from “turn key” services that are easy-to-use to DIY programs
Details on two popular, free “social community” hosted Web services that are ideal for casual bloggers—MSN Spaces and Yahoo! 360
The scoop on Blogger, a popular free hosted service that has some community tools like the social networks, but is basically blog-intensive
DIY blogging, covering three of the most powerful and flexible blog programs—Movable Type, WordPress, and Radio Userland
Hooking into RSS feeds to distribute your blog entries beyond your site
Choosing a newsreader
Ways to raise the visibility of your blog and make money from blogging
Wiley,.Troubleshooting.Your.PC.For.Dummies.(2005).pdf [8.82 Mb]Targeting the snags, glitches, and predicaments cited most frequently by readers, bestselling author Dan Gookin clearly explains how to diagnose
and cure common PC problems, whether they originate with software, the operating system, or hardware
This updated edition features new, expanded coverage of laptop woes as well as Internet and e-mail issues, broadband connections, spam blocking, and
Provides advice on how to prevent PC problems in the first place and create a safe and secure PC environment
Dan Gookin is known for his ability to explain technology in an easy-to-understand and enjoyable fashion; his writing style, name, and reputation are
unparalleled in the industry
Cleaning & Stain Removal For Dummies
Wiley, Cleaning & Stain Removal For Dummies.pdf [5.60 Mb]Whether you’re a devout neatnik or a free spirit who likes to draw designs in dust, Cleaning & Stain Removal For Dummies is for you. It helps you
make quick work of dirty work with all kinds of practical tips and techniques, plus trade secrets used by the pros. You’ll learn how to use the proper
equipment and tackle specific cleaning challenges, including
Floors, walls, and ceilings
The kitchen and bathrooms
Furniture and furnishings
Appliances and equipment
Bicycles and cars
Clothes and laundry
Decks, driveways, and patios
A perfect gift for young people going off to school or setting up a house for the first time, for adults suddenly forced to take responsibility for a modicum of cleanliness, or for experienced housekeepers who want to learn short-cuts and money-savers, this is the book that helps people get off to a clean start!
eBay Bargain Shopping for Dummies
Wiley, eBay Bargain Shopping for Dummies.pdf [5.95 Mb]Chances are you have friends who have been thrilled with deals they got on eBay. Maybe you’d like to get in on the eBay action, but don’t know
where to start. Or maybe you’ve bought on eBay before, but want to get the inside scoop on scooping up the very best deals. This book is for you. It
helps you differentiate between the junk and the jewels and get the best buys on everything from clothing, household goods, and electronics to business
equipment, new or used cars, and real estate!
Written by Marsha Collier, self-professed bargain shopper and best selling author of eBay For Dummies, eBay Bargain Shopping For Dummies is packed
with advice and anecdotes from other experts, some of whom make a living buying and selling on eBay.
Electronics For Dummies
Wiley - Electronics For Dummies - 2005 - (By Laxxuss).pdf [19.28 Mb]Whether you’re a do-it-yourselfer , hobbyist, or student , this book will turn you on to real-world electronics. It quickly covers the essentials, and
then focuses on the how-to instead of theory. It covers:
Fundamental concepts such as circuits, schematics, voltage, safety, and more
Tools of the trade, including multimeters, oscilloscopes, logic probes, and more
Common electronic components (e.g. resistors, capacitors, transistors)
Making circuits using breadboards and printed circuit boards
Microcontrollers (implementation and programming)
Author Gordon McComb has more than a million copies of his books in print, including his bestselling Robot Builder’s Bonanza and VCRs and
Camcorders For Dummies. He really connects with readers! With lots of photos and step-by-step explanations, this book will have you connecting
electronic components in no time! In fact, it includes fun ideas for great projects you can build in 30 minutes or less. You’ll be amazed! Then you can
tackle cool robot projects that will amaze your friends! (The book gives you lots to choose from.)
Students will find this a great reference and supplement to the typical dry, dull textbook. So whether you just want to bone up on electronics or want to
get things hooked up, souped up, or fixed up,…whether you’re interested in fixing old electronic equipment, understanding guitar fuzz amps, or tinkering
with robots, Electronics For Dummies is your quick connection to the stuff you need to know.
Wireless.Network.Hacks.and.Mods.For.Dummies.(2005).pdf [7.17 Mb]Fun projects and valuable content join forces to enable readers to turn their wireless home network into a high-performance wireless infrastructure capable
of entertainment networking and even home automation
Step-by-step instructions help readers find, buy, and install the latest and greatest wireless equipment
The authors are home tech gurus and offer detailed discussion on the next-generation wireless gear that will move the wireless LAN beyond computers
and into telephony, entertainment, home automation/control, and even automotive networking
The number of wireless LAN users in North America is expected to grow from 4.2 million current users to more than 31 million in 2007
Wiley,.Ham.Radio.for.Dummies.(2004).DDU.pdf [8.71 Mb]It’s time we cleared the air about ham radio. If you think of it as staticky transmissions sent by people in the middle of nowhere, think again.
Today’s ham radio goes beyond wireless to extreme wireless, Operators transmit data and pictures, use the Internet, laser, and microwave transmitters,
and travel to places high and low to make contact. In an emergency or natural disaster, ham radio can replace downed traditional communication and
save lives. Whether you’re just getting turned on to ham radio or already have your license, Ham Radio for Dummies helps you with the terminology, the
technology and the talknology. You discover how to:
Decipher the jargon and speak the language
Buy or upgrade your equipment, including the all-important antennas
Build a ham radio shack, complete with the rig, a computer, mobile/base rig, microphones, keys, headphones, antennas, cables and feedlines
Study for your license, master Morse code, take the test and get your call sign
Understand the basics of ragchews (conversations), nets (organized on-air meetings) and DX-ing (competing in contacts to make contacts)
Keeping logs with the vital statistics, including time (in UTC or World Time), frequency, and call sign
Windows XP Digital Music For Dummies
Windows XP Digital Music For Dummies (Nov 2004).pdf [7.34 Mb]Now you can give new meaning to the description “High-performance computer!” And you can even choose the performers—Elvis or Elton, the
Beatles or Beethoven, Eminem or Englebert, Pfish or Pavarotti. Your Windows XP is like a concert hall, and Windows XP Digital Music For Dummies is
just the ticket to get you in and get you enjoying digital music.
It will help you get in tune with the times with note-by-note information on:
Setting up your computer to handle music
Using Windows Media Player that’s part of the XP package
Making your computer the centerpiece of your music collection
Shopping for and downloading music from Napster, iTunes, Rhapsody, and more internet sites
Selecting the hardware, software, and audio tools you need
Wiley,.Solaris.9.for.Dummies.pdf [10.93 Mb]Discover new security features and easier installation
Light up your system with a new resource manager, volume manager, and directory server
In the dark about Solaris 9? Open this book and let the sun shine in! It'll help you chart a course for StarOffice, explore CDE and GNOME desktops, and
harness Solaris power to configure Web servers, access Internet services, build great Web sites, manage files and directories, and a galaxy of other
The Dummies Way
Explanations in plain English
"Get in, get out" information
Icons and other navigational aids
Tear-out cheat sheet
Top ten lists
A dash of humor and fun
Adobe Acrobat 6 PDF For Dummies
Adobe Acrobat 6 PDF For Dummies -Wiley.pdf [8.40 Mb]Covers accessing and distilling PDF files; converting Microsoft Office documents; capturing paper documents and Web pages; printing, annotating,
editing and securing PDF files; extracting text and graphics; cataloging and distributing PDF files; creating interactive forms; and building multimedia
Readers can convert any document to this universal file format, preserving all the fonts, formatting, graphics, and color of the source document regardless
of the application and platform used to create it.
PDF files can be published and distributed anywhere: in print, attached to e-mail, on corporate servers, posted on Web sites, or on CD-ROM
Adobe PDF is the emerging workflow standard in the $400 billion publishing industry and plays a key role in financial services, regulated industries, and
government, with more than 155 agencies worldwide sharing Adobe PDF files.
Bass Guitar for Dummies
Wiley, Bass Guitar for Dummies.pdf [2.63 Mb]Imagine your favorite music without bass. It doesn't work, does it? The bass is the heartbeat of the music, the foundation of the groove, and the
glue that holds together all the different instruments. You can feel the vibrations of the low notes – sometimes subtle and caressing, sometimes literally
earthshaking – as they propel the song. The bass is the heart. So leave center stage to the other musicians – you have more important work to do. The
limelight may be cool, but bassists rule!
You can find everything you need to dominate the bass in Bass Guitar For Dummies – whether you're a beginner picking up a bass for the first time or an
experienced player looking for way to improve.
Ajax for Dummies
Even if you weren’t intimidated before, that tidbit is probably enough to make you reach for the Excedrin. Just reach for Ajax For Dummies instead. With
screen shots, actual code and explanations, and live Web sites where you can see Ajax applications doing their thing, it will have you using Ajax to
create Web applications that look an act like desktop applications in no time. With Ajax, you can speed up and clean up your Web applications.
Shoppers at your online store can fill their carts without waiting for multiple page refreshes. Searchers on your sites can get instant results on the same
This guide takes you on a tour of how Ajax is used today, complete with examples of Ajax applications in action, such as an Ajax-enabled Yahoo! search
or an Ajax-based chat application.
TiVo For Dummies
Tivo For Dummies.pdf [10.40 Mb]Did it about kill you when “Cheers” went off the air? Want to make sure you don’t miss an appointment with Dr. Phil? Want to see anything and
everything with Jessica Lange, Kate Winslet, or Clint Eastwood? Are your kids really into SpongeBob SquarePants, judo, gorillas, or the Civil War?
TiVo to the rescue. TiVo lets you watch what you want when you want to. You can pause live TV, replay missed high points, skip commercials, and even
get TiVo to find and record stuff you’ll be interested in! TiVo For Dummies shows you how, even if you’re one of the millions whose VCR clock is only right
twice a day!
Yahoo! SiteBuilder For Dummies
Yahoo SiteBuilder for Dummies.pdf [12.60 Mb]Choose the right graphics, include links and feedback forms, and add "wow"
You too can develop cool Web sites with Yahoo! SiteBuilder and this handy, easy-to-follow guide! All the basics of good site design are here, plus
step-by-step directions for creating your site with text, links, pictures, and animation. Once you're finished building your site, cash in a special offer from
Yahoo! for discounted Web hosting and share your work with the world.
Discover how to
Create and publish a basic site in minutes
Use SiteBuilder templates
Design a site that?s easy to navigate
Avoid common mistakes amateurs make
Offer maps and searches on your site
Golf For Dummies
Golf For Dummies, 3rd Edition.[2006.ISBN0471768715].pdf [15.60 Mb]Welcome to Gary McCord's bestselling course on golf! Whether you're new to the sport or a long-suffering duffer, Gary reviews the basics and
shows you shot by shot how to shave strokes off your game. Now featuring new tips and updated coverage of courses, players, and equipment, it's the
one book you need before you say "Fore!" again.
Discover how to:
Improve your grip, stance, and swing
Fix common faults
Perfect your short game
Get up to speed on rules and etiquette
Make the most of high-tech equipment
Shape up with golf-specific exercises
Linux Smart Homes For Dummies
Linux.Smart.Homes.For.Dummies.Aug.2006.pdf [9.49 Mb]A Linux smart home is about controlling and monitoring devices and information around your home using a standard personal computer, Linux, and its vast array of open source tools. You don’t have to be a master programmer to create one. If you like to tinker with Linux, Linux Smart Homes For
Dummies will guide you through cool home automation projects that are as much fun to work on as they are to use.
Home automation used to be limited to turning on lights and appliances, and maybe controlling your thermostat and lawn sprinkler, from your computer.
While you still might not be able to create all the Jetsons’ toys, today you can also
Build a wireless network
Create and set up a weather station
Automate your TV and sound system
Spy on your pets when you’re not home
Set up an answering system that knows what to do with calls
Increase your home’s security
Calculus Workbook For Dummies
Calculus Workbook For Dummies.pdf [4.41 Mb]From differentiation to integration - solve problems with ease
Got a grasp on the terms and concepts you need to know, but get lost halfway through a problem or, worse yet, not know where to begin? Have no fear!
This hands-on guide focuses on helping you solve the many types of calculus problems you encounter in a focused, step-by-step manner. With just
enough refresher explanations before each set of problems, you'll sharpen your skills and improve your performance. You'll see how to work with limits,
continuity, curve-sketching, natural logarithms, derivatives, integrals, infinite series, and more!
100s of Problems!
Step-by-step answer sets clearly identify where you went wrong (or right) with a problem
The inside scoop on calculus shortcuts and strategies
Know where to begin and how to solve the most common problems
Use calculus in practical applications with confidence
[ Add all 25 links to your ed2k client ]
Code: Select all
Loaded with the latest Photoshop tips and techniques The secrets of digital image editing - explained in plain English! Photoshop CS3 is a powerhouse, and here's the fast and easy way to get up to speed on all the coolest features. This friendly guide helps you get images into Photoshop - and then turn them into dazzling works of art. You'll see how to work in the right file formats, master the Brushes palette, get creative with filters, convert color to grayscale, and more! * Adjust brightness, improve color, and fix flaws * Take advantage of the Raw file format * Composite images with layers and blending modes * Automate your tasks with scripts and Actions * Apply the new Smart Filters to Smart Objects
Code: Select all
* Seven minibooks spanning over 750 pages give business people and educators the in-depth coverage they need to conquer PowerPoint complexities and create standout presentations-without having to outsource the job to a PowerPoint specialist * Helps both new and experienced users navigate the new Office interface and make the most of new Office graphics tools * Minibooks cover getting started; building a presentation; tables, charts, and diagrams; graphics and images; video, sound, and animation; giving a presentation; and power user strategies (including creating templates, macros, and collaboration
Code: Select all
Pack pizzazz into your Web sites with Flash! Start with simple animation, or create whole pages in Flash The newest version of Flash offers all sorts of cool options for designing Web sites that stand out from the crowd, and this handy guide makes it easy. Enhance your site with animated graphics, boxes, or buttons; morph shapes; create text with exotically changing colors; add sound or video; and watch visitors flock to your site!
Code: Select all
9 books in 1 — with hundreds of examples in full color! Your picture-perfect guide to using all the cool features of Photoshop CS3 Whether you're new to Photoshop, want to take your skills up a notch, or want to quickly take advantage of the new features and enhancements in Photoshop CS3, you've come to the right place. Nine easy-to-follow minibooks cover Photoshop fundamentals plus the newest tools and techniques. "Putting It Together" exercises give you hands-on experience. This is your one-stop guide to Photoshop. * Specify size and resolution * Correct contrast, color, and clarity * Create top-notch selections * Composite images with layers and blending modes * Make adjustments with levels and curves * Prep graphics for print or the Web
Code: Select all
If you’re a photography hobbyist, would you like to brighten up that gloomy island vacation photo? Slim down without going on a diet? See whether white or green shutters look best on the house? Expunge the ex-boyfriend from family photos? If you’re a pro or semi-pro photographer, would you like to make it snow in that ski resort photo? Replace the old logo in the glamour shot of the corporate headquarters with the new one? Grow hair in the CEO’s glaring bald spot? Freshen up the lettuce in that food shot? You’ve come to the right place. With Photoshop CS2, you have the tools. With Photoshop CS2 For Dummies, you’ll have the know-how. In full color, with all kinds of examples, screen shots, step-by-step explanations, tips, and techniques, this guide takes you from the fundamentals to special power-user tricks!
Code: Select all
Add multimedia, post the family calendar, and save time with templates Introduce your new baby, share the family tree, or plan a reunion on the Web With families scattered all across the country, the best family gathering place is now online! With this book, you don't need to be a Web wizard to set up a cool site where everyone can meet the baby, kids can report their game scores, couples can share wedding photos, and Grandpa can continue the family genealogy. Discover how to: * Post an online photo album for free * Register a domain name * Edit images with Photoshop Elements 3 * Share stories with blogs
Code: Select all
Brace yourself—this For Dummies guide is in full, dazzling color! That way you can see how you can lighten, brighten, blur, sharpen, or even age your digital images with Photoshop CS2. Chances are you have Photoshop CS2 and have explored it enough to know that you need a good guide to make the most of all its capabilities and get up to speed fast. Odds are you’ve experimented with some photos and spent hours tweaking them. Maybe you’re a veteran and used Photoshop CS2 to turn the gray sky to blue in a resort photo or to brighten the CEO’s smile. Maybe you’re a novice and gleefully extracted your ex from old photos and gave yourself a flattering mini-makeover at the same time. Maybe you used it to remove a scratch from a treasured family photo. Regardless, you probably haven’t scratched the surface. Photoshop CS2 gives you so many options and tools for digital image creation, correction, and enhancement that even experienced pros can discover new techniques and shortcuts. With explanations for working on a PC or a Mac, Photoshop CS2 All-In-One desk Reference For Dummies is your complete resource that: * Combines nine minibooks: (1) Photoshop Fundamentals (2) Image Essentials (3) Selections (4) Painting, Drawing, and Typing (5) Working with Layers (6) Channels and Masks (7) Filters and Distortions (8) Retouching and Restoration (9) Photoshop and Print * Has more than 650 pages of tips, techniques, and plain-English explanations * Is in glorious, full color, with all kinds of photographs and examples * Has tons of screen shots so you’ll know exactly what to look for on your screen * Provides a tearout Cheat Sheet that’s your instant reference for finding your way around Photoshop CS2, accessing the tools palette through shortcuts, and making selections * Gets you up to speed on the new Adobe Bridge that lets you view, search, and organize your files, edit Camera Raw files, search for and purchase royalty-free stock photography, synchronize color settings, and more * Introduces you to the 58 tools in the Tools palette, from the Pen to the Eraser… the Spot Healing Brush to the Burn…the Clone Stamp to the Red Eye * Explains how to work with Vanishing Point—the new feature that lets you edit three dimensionally on a two-dimension image * Features special Putting-It-Together exercises that walk you through numbered steps to show you how to do various tasks such as getting the red out of eyes, making and fine-tuning a collage, and more; images on the book’s companion Web site let you follow along
Code: Select all
From identifying your triggers to improving your relationships — manage your emotional wellbeing Struggling to cope with anxiety and/or depression? Have no fear — this hands-on guide focuses on helping you pinpoint the root of your problems and find relief from your symptoms in a detailed, step-by-step manner. With concise, eye-opening exercises, you'll understand how to assess your current situation, remove the roadblocks to change, face your fears, and improve your view of yourself and the world around you. You'll see how to take direct action to alter negative or distorted thinking, lift your moods, and adopt positive habits that will lead you toward a more joyful, meaningful, and connected life! Discover * How to improve the way you feel about yourself * Skills to face and overcome what makes you anxious or depressed * How to determine whether medication is an option for you * Practical ways to prepare for and deal with setbacks
Code: Select all
6 books in 1-your key to success with CS2! Your one-stop guide to creating great graphics with all the cool CS2 tools They all work together, and now you have one guide to help you work with each of them! First, you'll get the "big picture" tour of the suite. Then you'll be ready to create perfect pages with InDesign, illustrate them with Illustrator, add images you've edited with Photoshop, make PDFs with Acrobat, and design dynamite Web sites with GoLive. Discover how to * Use common menus, palettes, and plug-ins * Design Web pages and print publications * Create illustrations and add type * Retouch, enhance, and reshape photos * Save Photoshop images for print or the Web
Code: Select all
Play rock, blues, jazz, country, new wave, and Latin Get ready to rock and roll on the bass — even if you can’t read music! Want to play bass? This instrumental guide shows you how, with expert advice in everything from choosing your bass to playing basic scales to improvising lead solos. You’ll discover how to tune your bass and keep it in great shape, as well as left- and right-hand techniques, timing tips, and in-depth examples in various musical styles. All this on the audio CD * Author demonstrates the rhythms so you can hear how it’s done * Exercises help you master grooves and reproduce the sound * Hear sample rhythms played with a real drummer * Put your fretting skills to the test
Code: Select all
*What the book covers: Introducing the different iPod models, getting started with your iPod, setting up iTunes and your iPod, buying music from the iTunes music store, importing music into iTunes, managing the MusicMatch jukebox library, burning CDs from iTunes, getting wired for sound, organizing music with playlists, listening while on the move, maintaining battery life, choosing an encoding format, fine-tuning the sound, recording and editing sound, podcasting, using the iPod as a hard drive, synchronizing information with your iPod, updating and troubleshooting, and much more. *Updated coverage: Revised throughout to cover the latest updates and enhancements made to the iPod and iTunes. *Series features: Information presented in the straightforward but fun language that has defined the Dummies series for more than a dozen years.
Code: Select all
* This interesting guide covers all aspects of Google Earth, the freely downloadable application from Google that allows users to view satellite images from all points of the globe * Aimed at a diverse audience, including casual users who enjoy air shots of locales as well as geographers, real estate professionals, and GPS developers * Includes valuable tips on various customizations that users can add, advice on setting up scavenger hunts, and guidance on using Google Earth to benefit a business * Explains modifying general options, managing the layer and placemark systems, and tackling some of the more technical aspects, such as interfacing with GPS * There are more than 400,000 registered users of Google Earth and the number is still growing
Code: Select all
Make phone calls, e-mail, track appointments, and even remember the grocery list Wow — it's a phone, a PDA, and an Internet connection, and it's one-fourth the size of this book! You need the book, though, to explain in plain English what it can do. Find out how to use every terrific feature built into your BlackBerry, make your life more productive, and astonish everyone with your efficiency. Discover how to * Manage e-mail from your BlackBerry * Protect data security * Upload contacts from other phones * Set up speed dialing * Install a new application * Sync your BlackBerry and back up data
Code: Select all
* In Part I, the reader is advised of what lies ahead, in blogging and in the book. Alternate paths to the first blog, describing platforms and their requirements, are mapped in a general way. * Part II chapters direct the reader to turnkey Weblog hosts and cover the important choice of which to use. Blogger.com is introduced, followed by TypePad. The reader is walked through sign-up to the first posted blog entry. * Part III is for the curious or ambitious readers interested in the power and flexibility of hosting blog software on their own domain hosts. The first chapter in this part explains installing a blog program and tells the reader how to solve predictable problems. 3 other chapters in this part document the installed features of three programs: Movable Type, Greymatter, and Radio Userland. Finally, pre-installed Movable Type hosts are highlighted as a distinct solution. * Part IV discusses RSS syndication, protocol in the Blogosphere, earning revenue from a Weblog, podcasting, vlogging, using photos, and MP3 blogs. * Part V includes tips from expert bloggers and essential blogging tips, resource bookmarks, and a directory of great podcasts.
Code: Select all
* Readers will save themselves time and energy by using this handy, A-to-Z reference to quickly find answers regarding the exciting new release of Windows Vista * Includes helpful information on the new features of Vista, such as the task-based interface, sidebar, gadgets, new "Aero" interface, 3D-look option, heightened security, new search capabilities, and much more * Covers navigating the desktop, launching programs, adding programs, removing programs, creating files, copying files and folders, and deleting files and folders * Accessible organization of topics also shows readers how to create shortcuts, connect to the Internet, search the Web, add favorites, use the new file management system, and more
Code: Select all
You can get Flash-y with your Web site -- here's how! Know your audience, plan your site, and make it both interactive and cool Gone are the days when you could get by with a boring Web site. With Flash, you can add interactivity, video, an exciting and easy-to-navigate interface, and eye candy like custom cursors and flying text. This friendly guide makes Flash fun and easy, so you can have your site up and running in no time. Discover how to * Build an interface with custom buttons and menus * Include animation and soundtracks * Dress up your text * Create tween animations * Create ActionScript objects * Test and publish your site
Code: Select all
* Targeting the snags, glitches, and predicaments cited most frequently by readers, bestselling author Dan Gookin clearly explains how to diagnose and cure common PC problems, whether they originate with software, the operating system, or hardware * This updated edition features new, expanded coverage of laptop woes as well as Internet and e-mail issues, broadband connections, spam blocking, and security concerns * Provides advice on how to prevent PC problems in the first place and create a safe and secure PC environment * Dan Gookin is known for his ability to explain technology in an easy-to-understand and enjoyable fashion; his writing style, name, and reputation are unparalleled in the industry
Code: Select all
The ultimate handbook for the machine nearly everyone relies upon but few understand, this guide demystifies the maze of mechanics under the hood of any car with simple maintenance tips and clear, comprehensive, and non-technical discussions of how cars work. 300+ illustrations.
Code: Select all
One of the principles of good business and good money management is to make the most of what you have. QuickBooks All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies helps you make the most of QuickBooks business accounting software. Updated to cover changes and enhancements to the software, it combines eight quick reference guides: * An Accounting Primer that covers basic principles, double-entry bookkeeping, and special accounting problems * Getting Ready to Use QuickBooks with information on setting up QuickBooks, loading the master file lists, and fine-tuning QuickBooks * Bookkeeping Chores, covering invoicing customers, paying vendors, tracking inventory, and more * Accounting Chores including financial statements, reports, and budgets, using activity-based costing, and setting up project and job costing systems * Financial Management such as ratio analysis, economic value-added analysis, and capital budgeting * Business Plans, featuring profit-volume-cost analysis, forecasting, and writing a business plan * Care and Maintenance, with information on protecting data, troubleshooting, and more * Additional Business Resources including a crash course in Excel, a glossary, and more
Code: Select all
9 books in 1 — your key to Windows Vista survival! Your one-stop guide to new Vista features, video, music, networks, cool hardware, and more Tame and tease Vista's new features with the expert advice in these handy minibooks. From gadgets to glass, desktops to downloads, backups to browsers, find what you need to know about Vista, iPods, free antivirus software, pictures, scumbusting, Windows renovation and resuscitation, and much more. Discover how to * Choose and install the right Vista version * Rip and burn discs of data, music, or movies * Organize your desktop files and folders * Spruce up pictures in the Photo Gallery * Play music and podcasts anywhere
Code: Select all
Get some good grammar practice — and start speaking and writing well! Good grammar is important, whether you want to advance your career, boost your GPA, or increase your SAT or ACT score. Practice is the key to improving your grammar skills, and that's what this workbook is all about. Open it and you'll find hundreds of fun problems to help build your grammar muscles. Just turn to a topic you need help with — from punctuation and pronouns to possessives and parallel structure — and get out your pencil. With just a little practice every day, you'll be speaking correctly, writing confidently, and getting the recognition you deserve at work or at school. 100s of Problems! * Review grammar rules and exceptions * Build grammar skills, from sentence mechanics to stylistic fine points * Convey your ideas clearly and persuasively * Speak and write with flair and confidence
Code: Select all
* Firefox For Dummies gives you the inside scoop on the exciting new browser from the Web wizard that got it started. The book's author, Blake Ross, began developing Firefox as a teenager. Once available to the world, the simple and powerful tool was an instant hit claiming a sizable share of the Web browser market with over 140 million downloads. * In this book Blake not only gives you the lowdown on how to use Firefox for safe Web searching, but he also shares his insight into how the product came to life. It's a combination of practical tech insight and a good story that is rare in computer books. * Topics covered include downloading and installing Firefox, creating a home page, searching with Google, creating customized themes and toolbars, using tabbed browsing, downloading and saving files, maintaining security and privacy, eliminating annoying popups, and adding Firefox extensions.
Code: Select all
The examples and explanations that populate this book make it easy for anyone use the Google API to get exactly what they're after. Some of the programs are quite complex and perform some sophisticated searches and then consolidate the retrieved information into reports. Other example programs are quick and simple and make it easy for you to go out there and bring back what you want. And it may surprise you to find out that you can do more than searching--it is possible to do spell checking inside your program and construct games played over the Internet.