Please, help me post TV-series (no sharing needed)

Say hello and introduce yourselves to us! Also the place for all off-topic chit chat and general discussion including movie and tv discussion and spoilers.
raffe
Donator
Donator

Please, help me post TV-series (no sharing needed)

Post by raffe »

I will soon not be able to post as much as I do now, so I need help. Can you help me post Memors (and some others) ed2k links? You don't need to download and share them, 98% of the episodes I post I have never downloaded, seen and will probably never see :)

Post here or PM me if you feel you can help :scatter

PS. I will provide tutorials on how to easily post the links. Most are just as easy as copy, paste and remove site tag.

Please re-read the posting rules, they have something to say about posting links without sharing them. ~momijigari

raffe
Donator
Donator

Re: Please, help me post TV-series (no sharing needed)

Post by raffe »

Reminder, post here or PM me if you feel you can help :eyes

Tutorial 1. First step, create accounts
To easily post links at STF, there are two places where you need to create an account (in addition to here of course ;-) ). There are also some settings you should do after creating an account that will make link posting easier.

Most important is TV underground, here you get the links
  1. Surf to TVU .
  2. Up to the left, click Account and then Register and follow the procedure to create an account.
  3. Log in with your account at TVU.
  4. Up to the left, click on your account name and then Profile.
  5. For the setting Front page view:, choose Latest episodes.
  6. For the setting Link Format:, choose Scene Style.
  7. Click on Save Settings.
  8. To see the latest posts, up to the left you click on the site name picture.
STF images is for when you need to post pictures
  1. Surf to http://stfimages.in/
  2. Click on Create account and follow the procedure to create an account.

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe »

Reminder, post here or PM me if you feel you can help :phone

Tutorial 2, post a link to a TV series that already exists here in STF
  1. In TVU, click on the TV series (it probably says NEW with red letters on the end of the name, like this Image)
  2. In STF (maybe in another tab in the browser), find the TV series. You can search for the name, IMDb number, a recent episode name etc.
  3. In TVU, If there is only one episode with a red NEW, click on in. If there are several, tick the checkbox for all that have a red NEW (if all, click on the ALL button) and then click on the button Download Selected
  4. Mark (highlight/select) the link or links and copy them (maybe with Ctrl + c)
  5. In STF, in the Quick Reply area in the bottom you paste the link/links (maybe with Ctrl + v)
Some editing on the link
  1. Mark the text .[tvu.org.ru]. and delete it. If you have many links, first paste to maybe Notepad, and then search and replace .[tvu.org.ru]. with .
  2. Parentheses around years, like (1992), and country abbreviations, like (AU), should be deleted. If you have many links, first paste to maybe Notepad, and then search and replace (AU) with AU
  3. Apostrophes in names, like in Marvel's, should be deleted. If you have many links, first paste to maybe Notepad, and then search and replace Marvel's with Marvels
  4. Text like .-. should be only . If you have many links, first paste to maybe Notepad, and then search and replace .-. with .

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe »

Tutorial 3, post a new TV series

First we start with getting all the info we need
  1. First in STF, try to find the TV series. You can search for the name, IMDb number, a recent episode name etc.
  2. In TVU, when you have clicked on a link to a season, there is often the link Episode Guide. If you click that link, with a little luck you will come to the Series page in TVmaze. The link to TVmaze will be used in the text in STF.
  3. In TVmaze in the main page about the Series, with some luck you see the link to the official site under Show info. If not, try Google where the official site is. The link will be used in the text in STF.
  4. In IMDb.com, find the page for the series. The link will be used in the text in STF.
  5. In Wikipedia, find the page for the series. The link will be used in the text in STF.
  6. In thetvdb.com, find the page for the series. Pictures from here will be used in STF.
  7. Figure out in what subforum you should post. Most often it is Running / Returning Series, Completed / Cancelled Series, Reality TV, Educational or Animated.
Get a picture 1: If you find a nice banner in thetvdb.com
  1. In thetvdb.com, if you find a nice banner, click on it.
  2. When you see the banner, right click and choose Save picture as and save it where you find it.
  3. In stfimages.in click on "chevereto" and then Start uploading, choose the picture, click Upload
  4. When it is uploaded and you see it in stfimages, down to the left click on Embed codes
  5. Copy the Image URL
Get a picture 2: If you don't find a nice banner, but a nice background in thetvdb.com (or somewhere else). To resize the picture, you can use the Open Source tool https://www.gimp.org/ (it is like Photoshop, but free)
  1. In thetvdb.com (or somewhere else), if you find a nice background, click on it.
  2. When you see the background, right click and choose Save picture as and save it where you find it.
  3. Open the picture in GIMP. If it want to convert, let it.
  4. In GIMP, choose the menu Image - Scale Image...
  5. In the textbox Width: write 758, when you after that click in the textbox Height: it should say about 426. Click on the Scale button.
  6. Choose the menu File - Overwrite picturename.jpg
  7. Choose the menu File - Close All and then minimize GIMP
  8. In stfimages.in click on "chevereto" and then Start uploading, choose the picture, click Upload
  9. When it is uploaded and you see it in stfimages, down to the left click on Embed codes
  10. Copy the Image URL
Time to create the post
  1. Go to the right subforum and click on New Topic
  2. In the subject field, write the series name and season, like The Cool Series - S1. If it still airing, add *AIRING* to the end, like The Cool Series - S1 *AIRING*
  3. In the post text, you can use the test under as a template. Change the info according to what you found earlier above.

Code: Select all

[color=darkblue][size=184][b] Name of series [/b][/size][/color]

[img]http://stfimages.in/images/2020/07/14/URL-TO-PICTURE.jpg[/img]

[url=https://link.to.site]Official Site[/url] - [url=https://link.to.site]TVmaze[/url] - [url=https://www.IMDb.com/title/tt123456/]IMDb[/url] - [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bachelor_Presents:_Listen_to_Your_Heart]Wikipedia[/url] 
[scrape]https://www.IMDb.com/title/tt123456/[/scrape]
[quote="Official site"]About the series[/quote]

[b] Season 1 [/b] (WEBRip)
ed2k://|file|Links.come here

CheGuevara
The Governor
The Governor

Post by CheGuevara »

Nice manual, well done!

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe »

We still need help posting, be one of the cool posters that's been thanked many times :D If you don't have much time, you could post only links to existing series, as that's pretty much just a cut and paste job. Here above are some tutorials and you can't start anytime, but I am also here if you have any questions :-)

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe »

Tutorial 4, clean ed2k links with one click

You can use the free Notepad++ to clean the TVU ed2k links from all unwanted characters with one click like this.

Install and setup Notepad++
  1. Get and install Notepad++ from https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
  2. Start Notepad++
  3. To get a new empty tab, choose the menu File - New
  4. If you want to see the link word wrapped, choose the menu
  5. View - Word wrap
Replace characters
  1. In Notepad++, paste the ed2k link or links into the empty tab (maybe with Ctrl + v)
  2. Choose the menu Search - Replace...
  3. Make sure Regular expression is chosen. When you chosen it one time, it should stay chosen. Also the expression under should be remembered even after you restart Notepad++.
  4. In the text box Find what, write or copy & paste:

(\.\[tvu.org.ru\]\.)|(\.-\.)|(\()|(\))|(')|(\?)|(WEBRip\.x264-ION10)
  5. In the text box Replace with, write or copy & paste:

(?1.)(?2.)(?3)(?4)(?5)(?6)(?7RE-ENCODE.WEBRip.x264-ION10)
  6. Click on the Replace All button
  7. Click on the ed2k link text to select the tab, then select all (Ctrl + a), cut (Ctrl + x) and paste into STF (Ctrl + v)

The expressions should find and replace

Find                 and Replace with
=================    ==========================
[tvu.org.ru]         .
.-.                  .
(                    (nothing)
)                    (nothing)
'                    (nothing)
?                    (nothing)
WEBRip.x264-ION10    RE-ENCODE.WEBRip.x264-ION10
If any of you know your way around regular expressions and have suggestions for improvements, they are much welcome!

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe »

New regular expressions for cleaning ed2k links with one click.

Added regular expression also for &. For installation of Notepad++, see above.
  1. In Notepad++, paste the ed2k link or links into the empty tab (maybe with Ctrl + v)
  2. Choose the menu Search - Replace...
  3. Make sure Regular expression is chosen. When you chosen it one time, it should stay chosen. Also the expression under should be remembered even after you restart Notepad++.
  4. In the text box Find what, write or copy & paste:

(\.\[tvu.org.ru\]\.)|(\.-\.)|(\()|(\))|(')|(\?)|(WEBRip\.x264-ION10)|(&)
  5. In the text box Replace with, write or copy & paste:

(?1.)(?2.)(?3)(?4)(?5)(?6)(?7RE-ENCODE.WEBRip.x264-ION10)(?8.And.)
  6. Click on the Replace All button
  7. Click on the ed2k link text to select the tab, then select all (Ctrl + a), cut (Ctrl + x) and paste into STF (Ctrl + v)

.[tvu.org.ru].       .
.-.                  .
&                    .And.
If any of you know your way around regular expressions and have suggestions for improvements, they are much welcome!

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe »

New regular expressions for cleaning ed2k links with one click.

Added regular expression also for . For more info, see above.
In the text box Find what:

(\.\[tvu.org.ru\]\.)|(\.-\.)|(\()|(\))|(')|(\?)|(WEBRip\.x264-ION10)|(&)|(’)
In the text box Replace with:

(?1.)(?2.)(?3)(?4)(?5)(?6)(?7RE-ENCODE.WEBRip.x264-ION10)(?8.And.)(?9)

.[tvu.org.ru].       .
.-.                  .
&                    .And.
’                    (nothing)

Return to “General Discussion”