WinBorg XP Apps Library
Volume 03 - June 2009
What is the WinBorg XP Applications Library?
This disc is primarily designed to save you lots of time when you have a freshly installed operating system (OS) with no applications yet installed. Rather than spending hours on the task of installing all the programs you want on your machine, use this library instead. It is also designed to be a resource of applications that are easy to install on any Windows XP system you come across. All the applications available from the apps menu are designed to be silently installed without need for you to click through install screens. They are ALL ready to go after a reboot, there is no need to enter serials or activate the programs or waste any further time than simply rebooting your computer after using the disc. All the entering of serials to get past the futile attempt that is software protection has been done for you using AutoIT.
AutoIT scripting - AutoIT is the computer language that drives all the installer automation. Unfortunately, some of the scripting uses Window text that may be different on systems other than English. I have tried where possible to avoid using English specific code but sometimes it was not possible. If you still want to try this DVD on a system with a different language, all you need to know is that if the script gets stuck on a particular window, simply cancel the script and manually install the application. All apps use at least basic AutoIT scripting so the option to cancel the script is available by right-clicking the system tray icon (the one showing the app install message) -- the icon is the standard Winborg icon, its easy to spot. Or set your computer to use English as your input language and then use the DVD (I haven't tested this but give it a go). Please report any apps that fail to work with your language and I’ll see what I can do.
and what is WinBorg XP? Search for it on this site
OK, please pay attention, there's four essential things you should know...
1) If you don't trust me, please do a virus check on the DVD BEFORE using it. Then TURN OFF any currently installed security apps before using the DVD. This is because apps using heuristics will block the AutoIT scripts that install ALL the applications. An example of an app that does this is Comodo Internet Security. If you still want to be sure -- use a virtual machine application to install your desired apps in a sandbox environment and then do a virus scan. For the record, I did a scan with the latest Trend Micro definitions just before release. I like Trend Micro because it doesn't care about innocent keygens falsely accused of heinous acts of piracy that do no harm other than to bring back to health previously crippled software.
2) The ReMake DVD Builder utility: This utility is available from the Autorun Menu but you can also run it manually from the MakeDVD folder. Use this utility if you wish to make any modifications to the DVD. Simply copy the DVD contents onto your hard disk, make your changes, then run the Autorun.exe utility - use the one you've just copied, not the original on the DVD - and then choose the Builder option.
3) What to do if an application is just hanging there and nothing seems to be happening: first, make sure nothing is happening. Please be patient, your PC could simply be thinking about stuff. And second, for all apps in the library, there is an icon in the system tray (bottom right of screen) that provides messages via balloon popups - you can cancel the script from there and it will move on to the next app.
4) Please read the description for each app before installing it - if there are any special installation instructions required, they will be listed in the description, eg -- there are notes about rebooting, incompatibilities, and different versions.
Other things you should know ...
** This DVD has not been tested on Vista or Win7 systems nor was it designed to work with those OSes. That doesn't mean you can use the packages. All that won't work is using the menu -- you will need to run most installer packages as Administrator which is not something the menu can do. However, each of the installer packages are designed to be run individually, i.e. there are helpful messages telling you when the install has started and also when it ends. The packages are designed for you to take anywhere and use on any English XP system.
** Autorun Menu options: The options available from the Autorun utility are all self-explanatory except maybe the Remake DVD builder option (see point 2 above). The Autorun menu is the little program that pops up when you insert the DVD - if you don't see it this is because Autorun has been turned off on your PC - in this case run "Autorun.exe" from the root folder of the DVD instead.
** Customizing the DVD: there are more detailed instructions on how to do this in the HowTo folder.
** Many of the silent installation packages uses the SetupS shortcut sorting system. See this website if you want an introduction to SetupS -- http://sharingisthepoint.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=112
-- this will save you time sorting the start menu folders into categories.
** Some applications will hang during installation if .Net Framework isn't already installed so its a good idea to install this first. The same applies to Java (any version is OK but you need something). Only a small number of applications are affected so it might not matter if you only want to install a few apps, and the app descriptions usually tells you if you need something already installed. There is an All-In-One .Net Framework package available from the apps menu, and there is a java app included as well. If in doubt, install them both, reboot just to be sure and then use the library.
** Due to the large amount of titles in the library, the apps menu may take up to a minute to load on slow machines. Please be patient! It took well over a minute to load during testing on a Pentium 3 machine.
OK, this next bit was never much of a problem before, but the number of apps in the library has grown considerably and numbers in the hundreds. There shouldn't be any restrictions in combining many installations in one go, but please also use some sense and if you intend on installing heaps of programs, it might be a good idea to break them up into 2 or more installation sessions. It's probably a good idea to install any firewalls or Anti-virus apps on the last installation run. That is unless you don't trust me - in that case install your favourite anti-virus solution first. For firewalls, some applications will hang because the firewall is asking you if you want the application to be able to access the internet. It will require your intervention to continue, so if you want a true unattended install, firewalls and any other programs that block things should be installed last. Any apps that are sorted as 'Security' in the apps menu will be installed after everything else so if you only want to do one run, the security apps shouldn't hold anything up.
Notes about the installation packages:
* All installers have now been packaged to provide messages when the install starts and ends. For very long installations, the system tray balloon message will disappear after a while -- in this situation, the existence of the icon in the system tray tells you the installation is still proceeding and once it disappears you know it has ended. This is useful when installing apps individually.
and after all apps have finished, you get a helpful message informing you that its time to reboot.
* All packages are silent installers. Once they start, that's it, you'll be hard pressed to stop them before they complete. Some have an opt-out at the start, but only a few. Generally, the ones that are hard to uninstall have the opt out feature.
* All these packages can be installed on ANY Windows XP machine with English as the base language. It doesn't matter which drive you have Windows on, it doesn't matter what you have called your Windows directory, and lastly, it doesn't matter what you have called your 'documents and settings' folder.
* For systems with a different language to English, simply extract the contents of the installer and manually install the title. Most of the time its obvious if you need to apply a crack - if there's a keygen, you'll need it to get a serial. If there is other files than the official installer, you know you need to copy these to the program directory, overwriting the ones there. In some cases, I have saved the .nfo files which will give you step by step instructions re what to do.
* Even if you have an English system, you may have a need to install the app manually. Most silent packages can be opened and made un-silent. Simply extract contents to a new directory and in most cases it should be obvious which file you need to start. NOTE: doing this means you have to complete the rest of the installation yourself. Sometimes this means moving patched files into the installation directory, sometimes it means running a registry file. You should really only do this if you know what you are doing!
* Where possible, if the original installer has a silent switch that allows a true unattended installation in all cases (i.e. no messages about reboots, or anything) then this switch was used. Normally this means we are at the mercy of accepting the options as set by the program author and they all love installing shortcuts all over the place. Not on my DVD they won't. Where possible, any desktop shortcuts created are deleted after each installation, and in a few cases, the company name of the program is removed from the Start Menu programs list meaning you should expect to see the program name you are familiar with, rather than the obscure name of the company that releases it, e.g. instead of 'Slysoft' you will see 'CloneCD' - much easier
-- the very newest script template also contains a shortcut save feature that checks if you already had a desktop icon of the title you are installing before deleting it.
I hope you find the DVD useful. Please spread it around far and wide.
- 245 silent installation packages
A-Squared Free 22.214.171.124
ABBYY FineReader Pro 9.0.724
AC3 Filter 1.51a
ACDSee FotoSlate 4.0.66
ACDSee Pro Photo Manager 2.5.363
Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0.2160
Acronis True Image Home 2009 v12 build 9788
AD Muncher 4.71
Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.1.2
Adobe Illustrator CS3 Lite 13.0.0
Adobe Photoshop CS3 Lite
Adobe Photoshop CS4 Lite
Adobe Shockwave 126.96.36.1996
AI Roboform Enterprise 6.9.94
Alcohol 120% 188.8.131.5230
Any Video Converter 2.75
ASPI layer drivers 4.6.1021
ATI Tray Tools 184.108.40.2066 beta
AutoPatcher XP Updater 1.05
AveIconifier Portable 2.1
AVS Video Converter 220.127.116.114
Beyond Compare 3.0.15
BitDefender Free 10
Blu-ray to DVD Pro 1.30
Buddy Icon Grabber 1.04
Bulk Rename Utility 18.104.22.168
Cain and Abel 4.9.24
ccFile Transfer 22.214.171.124
Clean Disk Security 7.81
Comodo Internet Security 3.8.65951.477
Cool Edit Pro 2.1
CPU Clock Utility 2.35
Crap Cleaner 2.21.940
Daemon Tools Lite 4.30.4
Directory Opus 126.96.36.199.3352
Disk Recoup 2.1
Diskeeper 2009 Pro Premier v13.0.844
Drive Space Indicator 188.8.131.52
Driver Genius Pro 184.108.40.2066
DVD Flick 220.127.116.11
DVD X Player Professional 4.1
EASEUS Partition Master v3.5 Ultimate Edition
Easy CD DVD Cover Creator 4.13
eMule 0.49b MorphXT 11.3
Everest Ultimate Edition 5.01.1700
Ext Changer 0.5
ffdshow rev 2946
File Restore 1.0
Flash Player 10.0.22.87 for IE
Flash Player 10.0.22.87 for Non-IE Browsers
FlashFXP 3.7.9 Beta
Fonts Pack - 117 Various True Type Fonts
Fonts Pack - 400 Starting True Type Fonts
Forte Agent 5.0.1171
FortKnox Personal Firewall 2009 18.104.22.168
Foxit PDF Reader 3.0.1817
Free Download Manager 3.0.848
Game Booster 1.0
Game Jackal Pro 22.214.171.124
Genie Backup Manager Pro 8.0.340.510
Gmail Desktop Notifier 1.025
GMail Drive 1.13
GOM Player 126.96.36.19962
Google Chrome 188.8.131.52
GrabIt 1.72 beta 4
Graphic Workshop Pro 3.0a.33
Hard Drive Inspector Pro 3.26.235
HDD Regenerator 1.71
HDShredder Free 3.6.1
Helium Music Manager 2009.0.0.6635
Inno Setup 5.2.3
Internet Cyclone 1.98
Internet Download Manager 5.17
IsoBuster Pro 2.5
ISScript Runtimes 11.0
Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 14
K-Lite Full Codec Pack 4.95
Kels CPL Bonus v9.4.6
Kels Runtimes 5.4
Kels Uber Addon 14.2
Laptop Battery Doubler 1.21
LimeWire Pro 5.1.2
Logitech SetPoint 4.72.40
MailWasher Free 6.51
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v1.38
Media Files Toolbox June 2009
Media Player Classic 184.108.40.206
Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 SP2 - all options
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 SP2 - choose options
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 SP2 - default options
Microsoft Office Professional 2003 SP2 Micro
Microsoft Office Professional 2003 SP3 - all default options
Microsoft Office Professional 2003 SP3 - lite options
Microsoft Office Professional 2003 updates only
Microsoft SilverLight 2.0.31005
Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 SP1
MKV Converter 3.2.18
Moovida Media Center 1.0.3
Mozilla Firefox 3.0.11
Mozilla Firefox 3.5 RC3
Mozilla Firefox Extensions - June 2009
Mozilla Thunderbird 220.127.116.11
MPEG Video Wizard DVD 4.04.112
Multimedia Builder 18.104.22.168
Nero 9 Portable 22.214.171.124d
Nero Burning ROM 126.96.36.199
NetLimiter Pro 2.0
Network Magic 5.5.9118.2
NewsBin Pro 5.50.9337
OffLine Update 6.0
Online Armour Free 188.8.131.52
Opera 10.00 Build 1606 Beta
Orbit Downloader 2.8.13
Panda Cloud Antivirus 0.08
PC Decrapifier 2.0.0
PE Explorer 1.99 RC4
PeerGuardian 2.0 beta 6c
PersonalBrain Pro 184.108.40.206
PhotoZoom Pro 2.2.6
Piky Suite 3.0.21
Proactive System Password Recovery 220.127.116.115
Process Lasso 3.60.6
QuickTime Alternative 2.9.0
Radical Image Optimization Tool 0.3.3
Real Alternative 1.90
Real-DRAW Pro 18.104.22.168
RM To MP3 WAV Converter 2.15
Sandra Lite XII 15.97
Save My Work 1.0.45
SetupS SendTo v22.214.171.124
Simple Port Forwarding 2.4.8
Skype 126.96.36.199 Lite
SnagIT 9.1.0 build 206
Sops Visual Styles Pack June 2009
SP3 UxTheme Patcher 1.3
Spiceworks IT Desktop 4.0.36939.0
SpyBot Search & Destroy 1.62
Stat Bar 2.406
Stress Test Toolbox November 2008
Sun Virtual Box 2.2.4
SysInternals Tools May 2009
TMPGEnc Authoring Works 188.8.131.52
Total Commander Ultima Prime 4.3
Total Video Converter 3.21
Trend Micro Sysclean 6.233
Trillian Astra 4.0.101
TrueCrypt Mobile 6.2a
TuneUp Utilities 2009 v8.0.3100.31
Ultimate Defrag 2008
Univeral Silent Switch Finder 184.108.40.206
Universal Extractor 1.61
Unstoppable Copier 3.56
uTorrent 1.8.3 Build 15728
Vista Mouse Cursors Addons Pack - May 2007
Vista Start Menu 3.151
Visual C++ 2005 SP1
VLC Media Player 1.0.0 RC4
Winamp Pro 5.552 + Plugins Pack
Windows Live Messenger 2009 Build 14.0.8064.206
Wireless Navigator 2.3.2
XP AntiSpy 3.97.3
XVI32 Hex Editor 2.51
Yahoo Messenger 220.127.116.112
YouTube Get 4.9.9
ZoneAlarm Pro 8.0.298.0
- and 16 tweaks:
Tweak: Change the command prompt colour
Tweak: Change the default action for .reg files
Tweak: Classic Start Menu
Tweak: Enable Font Smoothing
Tweak: Enable Standard Balloon Tips
Tweak: No Network
Tweak: Only a 32 bit network
Tweak: Remove Language Bar
Tweak: Restore CD drive to Explorer
Tweak: Restore XP style Start Menu
Tweak: Turn Off System Restore
Tweak: Turn On System Restore
Tweak: Vista Style Drives Display
Tweak: Wireless Network Service Off
Tweak: Wireless Network Service On
1) Simply burn the "WinBorgXP.AppsLibrary.Vol.03.June.2009.Final.iso" image to DVD to use it, or mount with a virtual disc app.
2) When burning to DVD, choose to burn from an image, do NOT create a new DVD project.
* Hard Drive Inspector Pro 3.26.235 was packaged incorrectly, so it won't work via the menu. To install this title, extract the installer, and choose to run SetupS.exe
* If you browse the DVD, you will see this file appear twice "TMPGEnc.Authoring.Works_18.104.22.168.exe" -- it appears in the Graphics folder and the multimedia folder. The version in the graphics folder is the wrong one.
WinBorgXP.AppsLibrary.Vol.03.June.2009.Final.iso [4.37 Gb]