Thanks to everyone who tried pre-release builds; your bug reports were most helpful.
The release is available at: eMule 0.60a community
Those who update by overwriting eMule.exe file, should also update eMule.tmpl file and contents of webserver directory.
A little later this release also might be published as Community version at Downloads page of this site.
It has been a while, but finally the code has got changes, new executables were compiled and prepared for testing.
Internally, the changes are extensive; there are security improvements and optimisations, a few bugs and regressions were fixed.
All that might be, and in many cases should be, invisible to users.
The visible side of the changes should be:
- SMTP email notifications can use secure transmission and user authentication
- HTTPS can be used for downloading server.met, nodes.dat, IP filter and language DLLs
- servers: first connection is tried as obfuscated (often server capabilities were unknown at the time)
- minor increase in KAD publishing rate
- Windows UPnP implementation got changes (and needs field testing)
- improved compatibility with the latest versions of mediainfo.dll, including 20.08
- uniform checks for data rate limits
- parts import for handling broken downloads (should be enabled in Options->Extended - for the current session only)
This is not a mistake, there are two executable files, because eMule gets 32-bit and 64-bit builds.
In 64-bit Windows it is possible to use well know "overwrite the executable" kind of upgrade as the simplest way to switch between 32-bit and 64-bit builds or versions - there and back.
Of course, external DLLs (MediaInfo.dll, for one) must have the same bitness as eMule itself.
eMule0.60a-Installer64.exe [4.40 Mb]
eMule0.60a-Installer.exe [4.09 Mb]
eMule0.60a_x64.zip [4.30 Mb]
eMule0.60a.zip [3.86 Mb]
[ Add all 4 links to your ed2k client ]