Pimsleur Language Learning Audio CDs

All software that teaches you to use or do something goes here, e.g. learning languages, cooking instruction, kids education, encyclopedias, aviation, etc. In addition, collections of pictures, such as photos, cliparts, drawings, wallpapers etc., should be posted here.
yw37
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Pimsleur Language Learning Audio CDs

Post by yw37 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:49 am

Pimsleur's method to learn languages seem to help lotsa ppl... it costs a fortune, (nearly $100 for the cds i think...) but it's very useful. :D

http://www.pimsleurapproach.com
http://www.pimlseur.info

German I: Pimsleur.German.I.-.Complete.30.Unit.-{Theteam}-.Archive.ace  [328.57 Mb]
Buy at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846

Korean: pimsleur.-.korean.[learn.korean.complete.10.units].ace  [204.97 Mb]

Chinese Mandarin I: Pimsleur.-.Mandarin.Chinese.I.-.(Units.00.to.30).zip  [121.04 Mb]

Chinese Cantonese: Pimsleur_Cantonese_30_unit_-theteam-_archive.ace  [207.23 Mb]

Dunno about the sources... don't kill me! :(

[ Add all 4 links to your ed2k client ]

yw37
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Post by yw37 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:47 am

Most (4 <2>) pimsleur_vietnamese_10_lessons_{janezslovenec}_repack.rar  [105.89 Mb]

Another one... (2 <1>) Pimsleur.-.Language.30.-.Vietnamese.Language.Course.zip  [90.56 Mb]

No idea about sources. Good luck! :D

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]

Rhadamanthys
Donator
Donator

Post by Rhadamanthys » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:48 am

Am I blind or it says janezslovenec in there????? It means John Slovenian :)

Guess we're famous :)

Stoepsel
Donator
Donator

Post by Stoepsel » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:10 pm

Might I add Japanese to the list?

Pimsleur.Japanese.I.Complete.30.Unit.ace

Pimsleur.-.Japanese.II.-.All.30.Lessons.+.Course.Text.rar

Pimsleur.Japanese.Iii.Complete.(30.Units).(Silvervice).zip
Pimsleur.Japanese.III.complete.30.unit.REPACK.{JanezSlovenec}.rar

Pimsleur.Japanese.I.II.III.Reading.Booklets.rar

I can verify that the first few courses of Japanese I work. But I haven't tried downloading II and III yet, so don't quote me on those. And you'll probably only need to download one of the 2 versions for III.

Stoepsel

[ Add all 5 links to your ed2k client ]

Last Ninja

Pimsleur Language Collection

Post by Last Ninja » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:34 pm

If you are planning a trip to France, and you need to actually speak French, get this set. Within about a month, you will have mastered the basics of communication. The French will understand you and you will be able to ask the way to the bathroom.
The course trains you to respond automatically. This is very important. I've found communicating in a foreign language to be stressful, and when confronted with a native speaker, my mind goes blank. Grammar rules fly out the window. With Pimsleur, you learn the grammar but without the drills. But sometimes I felt like Pavlov's dog, responding to stimuli.

Pimsleur Learn French Complete 90 Units With Books.zip  [639.25 Mb]

The Pimsleur programs provide a method of self-practice with an expert teacher and native speakers in lessons specially designed to work with the way the mind naturally acquires language information. The various components of language -- vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar -- are all learned together without rote memorization and drills. Using a unique method of memory recall developed by renowned linguist, Dr. Paul Pimsleur, the programs teach listeners to combine words and phrases to express themselves the way native speakers do. By listening and responding to thirty minute recorded lessons, students easily and effectively achieve spoken proficiency.

Pimsleur - Essential Spanish 1 - (Units 01 to 30) (Full Album) (Speak & Read) (Sh... Audio Book).zip  [115.77 Mb]

The Pimsleur Russian audio program uses a natural mode of interactive communication -- questions and answers; statements and rejoinder; give and take -- beginning with the most-frequently-utilized vocabulary native speakers use in their everyday conversations with each other. These are the most useful words and structures every language learner needs to insure communication. It is like having a personal tutor.

The first 8 lessons of the Comprehensive I course, the Quick & Simple course starts at the beginning level and is a great way to try out the Pimsleur courses and be on your way to learning a new language.

Pimsleur - Russian - Short Course (complete).rar  [126.74 Mb]

You probably know that Japanese is made difficult because of all the characters. Well, don't worry too much there are some short cuts! One is to just learn the Katakana alphabet. This is the one that is used for writing foreign words and also lots of foods. For example, if you can tell that reads as "me nyu" or reads as "a me ri ka" you can probably figure out they mean "menu" and "America".

Are you tired of not being able to speak a foreign language? Do you ever joke with others about how little you learned after 4 years of language study back in high school? Doesn’t the prospect of spending hours struggling with grammar rules and memorizing vocabulary intimidate you? If all you want is to feel confident while speaking with others in their language...then the revolutionary and radical Pimsleur Approach is for you!

Pimsleur Compact Dutch Course
This is a state-of-the-art language learning course for spoken Dutch. The popular Pimsleur course does not use a book but uses a completely aural approach to language learning, perfect for learning quickly. The course features a proficiency-based system that helps the student learn through listening and speaking practice.

A Revolution In Language Learning!

Now you can learn the Dutch language with the award-winning method used by the US State Department to train diplomats. Proven effective by NASA, the Peace Corps and over 4 million users worldwide, the Rosetta Stone Language Library teaches new languages faster and easier than ever before. You will learn Dutch the way you learned your own native language, without translation, memorization, or studying rules of
grammar. Using real-life pictures to convey the meaning of each new
phrase, The Rosetta Stone...

Learn Dutch Now, Pimsleur, Rosetta Stone (Audio Book).zip  [860.59 Mb]

This is a state-of-the-art language learning course for spoken Japanese. The popular Pimsleur course does not use a book but uses a completely aural approach to language learning, perfect for learning "on-the-go". Features a proficiency-based system that helps the student learn through listening and speaking practice.

[Pimsleur.系列语言教程-日语].Pimsleur.-.Japanese.I.-.(Lessons.+.Readings.mp3).rar  [426.59 Mb]

[Pimsleur.系列语言教程-日语].Pimsleur.-.Japanese.II.(Complete.Unit).rar  [639.59 Mb]

[ Add all 6 links to your ed2k client ]

ZiN
Donator
Donator

Post by ZiN » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:00 pm

merged with previous pimslure thread.

these are awesome btw, I learnt spanish with these.

EclipseGSX
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Post by EclipseGSX » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:36 pm

Yeah, how was the experience in your opinion? Did you know any Spanish going in? If so, to what degree? I took 5 years of Spanish in high school -- but when it comes to speaking it I sound like a 2 year old. If these programs do half of what they say, they're amazing.

ZiN
Donator
Donator

Post by ZiN » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:06 pm

I knew 0 spanish (other than your amigos and whatever) you do a lesson every day for half an hour and there's 90 lessons.

I did 30 of the lessons and could communicate publicly (e.g. taxis, restaurants etc..) with little effort in Spain.

I know if I do the rest I will be close to fluent, you just need to have the discipline and half hour (without being tired from work etc...) to learn it a day.

I would not recommend trying to do more than 1 lesson a day as it's too much to cram and goes against you.

Basically you repeat what is said and it sticks in your head, don't expect to learn to read & write with these though.

Mr. Fido

Post by Mr. Fido » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:03 pm

How does it compare with Rosetta Stone?

ZiN
Donator
Donator

Post by ZiN » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:20 pm

I've never used Rosetta Stone.

NeHarawa

Post by NeHarawa » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:32 pm

`·. ZiN `·. wrote:...could communicate publicly (e.g. taxis, restaurants etc..) with little effort in Spain.
for real ? where have you been mate , if you dont mind ? i just luv spain . go there 1 or 2 weeks every summer to la movida :D

great , outstanding post , btw

cheers...and beers :pir8

ZiN
Donator
Donator

Post by ZiN » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:13 am

I was Benidorm/Alicante/Torrevieja ends.

ekulmail
Donator
Donator

Re: Pimsleur Language Learning Audio CDs

Post by ekulmail » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:00 am

thanks for these

bluestarsy
Newly registered user
Newly registered user

Re: Pimsleur Language Learning Audio CDs

Post by bluestarsy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:33 pm

It's helpful!