YUMI

Your computer feeling a lot slower lately? That new program you installed not working? Can't convert a specific file? Looking to buy a new hard drive or dvd writer? Would like some recommendations? Firewalls, latest threats and general P2P security issues are here also.
Will-I-Am
Donator
Donator

YUMI

Post by Will-I-Am » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:54 pm

It can be used to create a Multiboot USB Flash Drive containing multiple operating systems, antivirus utilities, disc cloning, diagnostic tools, and more.

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multi ... b-creator/

No Install, just run the exe and select from the Menu.

Here’s my story:

I wanted to make a Acronis Backup Image of a PC I received but that CD/DVD was defect, so I could not boot from the CD I had.
So I thought how about a boot-able USB Stick with the ACRONISBootCD.iso on it.

Well after searching and trying the different ways of doing this (some did not work and other too complicated/ time consuming),
I came across the free Yumi-multiboot-usb-creator and it worked the first time perfectly.

raffe
Donator
Donator

Re: YUMI

Post by raffe » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:28 am

New version available at the Official Site (see the first post).

YUMI V2 Changelog (Windows Version Only)
10/28/15 Version 2.0.1.9: Remove distributions that are no longer being developed. Fix broken links.
Last edited by raffe on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.

momijigari
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Post by momijigari » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:40 am

To anyone posting in this topic:

Only ed2k links here, please.
Links to the official site for informational purposes are of course allowed.
But if you're going to link directly to the file itself on the official site, the topic does not belong here.
Then the topic should be in the Tech Discussions section, just as info, tipping users of a free software.

Please decide how you are going to continue, and the topic will be edited or moved accordingly.
(Also, AICH has been standard for years, and is expected to be included in all ed2k links.)

Thanks!

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:15 pm

First, sorry for again forgetting AICH. I even have LinkCreator in my share directory, so whats my problem? Maybe it's because I post links so seldom or maybe something is wrong in my head ;-)

About where this thread should be, I honestly don't know. What do you say Will-I-Am? Or anyone else out there?

Will-I-Am
Donator
Donator

Post by Will-I-Am » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:59 pm

momijigari wrote:To anyone posting in this topic:

Only ed2k links here, please.
Links to the official site for informational purposes are of course allowed.
But if you're going to link directly to the file itself on the official site, the topic does not belong here.
Then the topic should be in the Tech Discussions section, just as info, tipping users of a free software.

Please decide how you are going to continue, and the topic will be edited or moved accordingly.
(Also, AICH has been standard for years, and is expected to be included in all ed2k links.)

Thanks!
I thought I first posted this in the Technical Support & Discussion, don't know how it got here?
Please move to the Tech Discussions section.

momijigari
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Post by momijigari » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Very well.
But then there will be just a link to the developer's site, and if there is interest (and someone wants to post it), information about updates.
All other links will of course be removed from the topic.

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:57 pm

Good decision! I have removed the links in my post above! :thumbs

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:19 am

YUMI V2 Changelog (Windows Version Only)
12/28/15 Version 2.0.2.0: Add GRUB (partition 4) option. Update to support Xioapan, Windows 10, Bitdefender Rescue CD options. Update DBan option.

Will-I-Am
Donator
Donator

Post by Will-I-Am » Fri May 13, 2016 2:01 am

YUMI-2.0.2.2 – April 15, 2016 (Windows Version Only)
Changelog

Update to support Linux Kid X, Linux Lite, Subgraph OS, and Calculate Linux Desktop. Re-enable entry for Offline NT Password and Registry Editor.

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:50 pm

New versions available at the Official Site (see the first post).

There are now also two versions, YUMI UEFI and Standard YUMI V2

Important UEFI YUMI info: You'll need to disable secure boot (if it's enabled). 32bit UEFI firmware is not yet working.
YUMI UEFI Changelog

08/19/16 Version 0.0.0.3: Add support for Arch Bang, Skywave Linux, and Cyborg Linux.

07/28/16 Version 0.0.0.2: Fix entry for Slacko Puppy UEFI

06/28/16 Version 0.0.0.1: Initial Release.

Standard YUMI V2 Changelog

12/19/16 Version 2.0.3.3: Update Get Drives function to ignore system and network drives on subsequent YUMI installs. Corrected UI vesamenu paths.

12/12/16 Version 2.0.3.2: Update to support Solus. Reinclude show all drives option. Disable FSCTL lock, dismount, and unlock volume features until a better solution is found.

12/10/16 Version 2.0.3.1: Update Get Drives function to ignore system and network drives. Add filesystem and drive type to drive list. Add lock, dismount, and unlock features.

12/02/16 Version 2.0.3.0: Update to support ChaletOS and Bunsenlabs. Support newer Fedora Workstation Live and Zorin Core ISOs. Fix CentOS Link. Create a trk3 directory at the root of USB before copying files (necessary for Windows XP copyfiles).

10/03/16 Version 2.0.2.9: Switch back to 7-Zip 9.20.

09/14/16 Version 2.0.2.8: Fix menu entries for boot repair, and elementary OS. Upgrade to 7-Zip 16.02.

08/18/16 Version 2.0.2.7: Add support for Arch Bang, Skywave Linux, and Cyborg Linux.

07/07/16 Version 2.0.2.6: Add support for Android-x86. Fix broken Manjaro entry. Update credits and sources.

07/01/16 Version 2.0.2.5: Fix Eset, avira, and Dr.Web menu entries which became broken in build 2.0.2.4.

06/28/16 Version 2.0.2.4: Update to support Cub Linux. Fix broken WifiSlax entry. Use alternate method for old Ubuntu derivatives with conflicting syslinux gfxboot.

06/01/16 Version 2.0.2.3: Fixed bug: calculating remaining space on USB drive. Switch back to using vesamenu for sub-menu config files. Remove unused Prompt 0 from config. Re-enable Ubuntu gfxboot.

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:50 pm

There are now also two versions, YUMI UEFI and Standard YUMI V2

Important UEFI YUMI info: You'll need to disable secure boot (if it's enabled). 32bit UEFI firmware is not yet working.

12/27/16 Version 2.0.3.5: Fix to replace empty spaces in Distro filename with dashes. Add Windows PE (WIM) boot options (unfinished). Implement wimboot capabilities, Switch to newer Grub4Dos. Update labels.

12/22/16 Version 2.0.3.4: Quick fix to correct the double Distro list during step 2.

raffe
Donator
Donator

Post by raffe » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:32 am

There are two versions
YUMI UEFI
The following UEFI YUMI version is a work in progress that utilize GRUB2 for both EFI and BIOS booting. Note it is not compatible with standard YUMI! Important UEFI YUMI info: You'll need to disable secure boot (if it's enabled). 32bit UEFI firmware is not yet working.

Standard YUMI V2
YUMI works much like Universal USB Installer, except it can be used to install more than one distribution to run Live from your Thumb Drive. USB Bootable Distributions can also be uninstalled using the same tool!
YUMI UEFI
01/19/17 Version 0.0.0.4: Fix to replace empty spaces in Distro filename with dashes. Update Get Drives function to ignore system and network drives. Correct some wording.

01/14/17 Version 2.0.3.6: Update to support multiple Windows Vista/7/8/10 Installers. -wimboot option stores the extracted Multi Windows Installers in their own directory. -bootmgr option moves only bootmgr and bcd to root of drive. (note: -bootmgr option does require a Windows Vista or later host to run bcdedit).

Return to “Technical Support & Discussion”