What is Winborg XP?
If you boot with this DVD and start one of the setup routines, this will clean install a corporate edition of Windows XP Pro SP3 updated to the month of release. The aim is for you to be able to stick this DVD in, quickly get setup running, and then when setup finally stops, your computer is ready to use. There are no steps in between, you don't need to do a thing, you get a fully unattended installation of everything. This means all your device drivers installed and no critical updates need installing. You just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Actually, there are some options you can select, in particular, the Driver Packs Selector is something you'll want to look out for as the operating system is installed because you can choose extra driver packs that aren't selected by default and you can also un-select some to save some time for the install. You can also set the type of screen resolution you have - standard or widescreen - this will make the end result a lot more satisfying to gaze upon.
Winborg XP was created by BartOfBorg. Further development since August 2006 by Soporific.
DVD Boot Menu
4 different flavours of Windows XP Professional SP3 to choose from:
- the choices involve whether you want:
> to use the driverpacks
> to install the OS without any tweaks or addons
> to install either the standard tweaked OS or the WinBorg one. See below for more info on the differences.
There's a tools menu available with a choice set of tools to help you with your hardware if need be.
The install theme
The setup billboard screen theme has been split in 2. The first part is Matrix inspired while the second is all about the Borg.
The driverpacks and screen resolution selection utility starts after your PC first reboots during the installation of the operating system. This is a good thing to watch out for because you can select extra driverpacks that aren't selected by default (as shown below). It starts after your PC reboots for the first time during setup (after the blue screen part). New in the November edition of Winborg XP is the PhysX driverpack which provides extra juicy drivers for the latest graphics cards.
You can also set the style of your screen resolution. For extra impact of your new operating system right out of the box, please set this to your usual screen resolution. There are only 2 options - Standard and Widescreen. Hopefully you all know which is which -- if you don't and you have a widescreen monitor, the resolution is automatically set to 1024 x 768 (or higher) and this may not look very good. You can simply change it in Display Setting like normal, i'm just saying here that it will aid in giving you the pleasure of a good looking PC when setup is all finished.
The Operating System
This is the scene at the end of setup:
The OS is Windows XP Professional with SP3 v5512 integrated. You should not need to download any further hotfixes, and you should be able to 'validate' at any time with any OS you install from this DVD. When you visit Windows Update, you do not have to download or install anything in order to use it, the necessary files have already been integrated.
Vista icons package
--- OS options 1 & 2: the original icons were preserved.
--- OS options 3 & 4: Vista style icons
There are 4 OS options to choose from when you want to install the OS:
option 1 - Windows XP Professional SP3 with updated OS components only
option 2 - Windows XP Professional SP3 with minimal tweaks and add-ons
option 3 - Windows XP Professional SP3 with essential tweaks and add-ons
option 4 - WinBorg XP Professional SP3 with recommended tweaks and add-ons
The main differences regard which add-ons are installed:
add-ons slipstreamed into this release
1st OS option
2nd OS option
- all 1st OS option add-ons plus:
3rd OS option
- all 1st & 2nd OS option add-ons plus:
4th OS option
- all 1st, 2nd, & 3rd OS option add-ons plus:
Post-Install Applications Menu
- you can choose groups of selections or you can go through the menu and choose for yourself.
- all your selections are silently installed, you don't need to do nothin with serials, cracks or anything else, all are ready to use after rebooting your PC.
Applications menu list for April 2012:
- Code: Select all
AC3 Filter Lite 1.63b
Adobe Reader Lite 10.1.3.23
Adobe Shockwave 188.8.131.524
Advanced SystemCare Free 3.7.3
Advanced Uninstaller PRO 10.2.0.357
AI Roboform Enterprise 7.3.0
AIDA64 Extreme Edition 2.30.1900
AIO Slate Theme
ASPI layer drivers 4.6.1021
Asterisk Key 10.0
ATI Tray Tools 184.108.40.2063
AutoIT 220.127.116.11 with SciTE
AutoPatcher Updater 1.30
Autorun Virus Remover 3.1
Axialis IconWorkshop 6.70
Babylon Portable 18.104.22.168
Battery Care 0.9.8.3
BB FlashBack Express 22.214.171.1240
Beyond Compare 3.3.4
Bulk Rename Utility 126.96.36.199
Cain and Abel 4.9.43
Clean Disk Security 7.91
Combined Community Codec Pack 2011-11-11
Comodo BackUp 4.1.28
Context Menu Manager 2011.4
Core Temp 1.0.0
Daemon Tools Lite 4.45.3
Date In Tray 1.5
Directory Opus 10.0.1
Drive Space Indicator 188.8.131.52
Drive Speedometer 1.0.0
Driver Magician Portable 3.68
Driver Sweeper 3.2.0
Dual Monitor Tools 1.8
Easy CD DVD Cover Creator 4.13
EasyRecovery Professional 6.22
Electric Sheep 2.7b34
eMule MorphXT 12.6
EncSpot Pro 2.2.b2
Ext Changer 0.5
ffdshow rev 4436
File Repair 2.1
Flash Player 184.108.40.206 for Internet Explorer
Flash Player 220.127.116.11 for Non-IE Browsers
FlashFXP 3.7.9 Beta
Fonts Pack - 117 Various True Type Fonts
Fonts Pack - 400 Starting True Type Fonts
Format Factory 2.90
Forte Agent 5.0.1171
Foxit PDF Editor Portable 18.104.22.1689
Game Booster 1.51
Get All Passwords 1.21
GetDataBack Portable 4.2.2
GMail Drive 1.15
Gmail Notifier 22.214.171.124
GOM Player 2.1.40
Google Chrome 18.0.1025.152
GrabIt 1.72 beta 4
Hard Drive Inspector Pro 3.98
HDD Regenerator 2011
HDShredder Free 3.6.1
HTTrack Website Copier 3.44
Identity Finder Home Edition 5.70
Inno Setup 5.4.3
Internet Cyclone 2.13
Internet Download Manager 6.06 Build 8
ISP Monitor 5.7.5
Java Runtime Environment 7 Update 4
K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool 4.9.5
K-Lite Full Codec Pack 8.70
Kels CPL Bonus 12.8.2
Kels Uber Addon 16.0
Kindle for PC 1.9.3
Laptop Battery Doubler 1.21
Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder 2.0.8
MailStore Home 5.0.1
MailWasher Free 6.54
Memory Optimization 126.96.36.1998
Microsoft .Net Framework 2 to 3.5 SP1 AIO
Microsoft Security Essentials XP 4.0.1526
Microsoft SilverLight 5.0.61118
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005-2010 SP1
Mozilla Firefox 12.0
Mozilla Thunderbird 12.0
MS Baseline Security Analyzer 2.2
NetLimiter Pro 2.0.10
NewsBin Pro 5.50.9337
NewXP Live Blue Theme by ~sagorpirbd
NirLauncher NirSoft-Sysinternals Tools June 2011
Online Armour Free 188.8.131.527
Orbit Downloader 184.108.40.206
Partition Wizard 7.1
PC Decrapifier 2.2.8
PDF Split and Merge 2.2.0
PDF To Excel Converter 2.0
PE Explorer 1.99 RC4
PhotoZoom Pro 4.04
Piky Suite 3.0.21
Proactive System Password Recovery 220.127.116.115
Process Explorer 14.12
Process Lasso 18.104.22.168
PSPad Editor 4.5.7 Build 2441
QuickTime Lite 4.1
Radical Image Optimization Tool 0.4.1
Rainlendar Lite 2.8.1
Real Alternative Lite 2.02
Ricks GlassToasts Balloon Notifications
RM To MP3 WAV Converter 2.15
RoboCopy GUI 22.214.171.124
Sandra Lite 2012 (18.45)
Save My Work 1.0.45
Second Copy 126.96.36.199
SetupS SendTo v188.8.131.52
Simple Ping 1.0.3
Simple Port Forwarding 3.2.10
SMAC Professional 2.7
SoftMaker Office 2012 rev 656
Soporific\'s Media Files Toolbox March 2012
SP3 UxTheme Patcher 1.3
SpyBot Search & Destroy 1.62
Startup Delayer 3.0 beta 319
Stat Bar 2.406
Super Flexible File Synchronizer Pro 5.70
System Explorer 3.0.2
The Font Thing 0.80
TreeSize Professional 5.5.5
TrueCrypt Mobile 7.1a
TSR Watermark Image 184.108.40.206
TuneUp Utilities 2012 v12.0.3500.13
Tweak Me! 220.127.116.11
Tweak: Change the command prompt colour
Tweak: Change the default action for .reg files
Tweak: Classic Start Menu
Tweak: Enable Font Smoothing
Tweak: Enable Standard Balloon Tips
Tweak: No Network
Tweak: Only a 32 bit network
Tweak: Remove Language Bar
Tweak: Restore CD drive to Explorer
Tweak: Restore XP style Start Menu
Tweak: Turn Off System Restore
Tweak: Turn On System Restore
Tweak: Vista Style Drives Display
Tweak: Wireless Network Service Off
Tweak: Wireless Network Service On
Univeral Silent Switch Finder 18.104.22.168
Universal Extractor 22.214.171.124
Universal Plug-and-Play Tester 2.9
Unknown Device Identifier 7.00
Unstoppable Copier 5.2
Vista Mouse Cursors Addons Pack - May 2007
Vista Start Menu 3.8.8
VLC Media Player 2.0.1
What\'s Running 3.0 beta 9
Winamp Pro 5.623 + Plugins Pack
Windows Live Messenger 14.0.8117
Windows Vulnerability Scanner 1.48
Wireless Navigator 2.3.2
WSUS OffLine Update 7.3.0
XP AntiSpy 3.97.11
XP Smoker 6.0
XVI32 Hex Editor 2.51
Yahoo Messenger 126.96.36.1999
Winborg.XP.April.2012.Final-SOPORIFIC.iso [3.84 GB]
WinBorg XP Builder
For those not familiar with Winborg XP, see above for details of the April 2012 release.
What is the Winborg XP Builder?
i find it pretty hard to make decisions on what to include and what to leave off each and every Winborg XP disc i release. The choices are many! Update Packs, NLite tweaks, RVM addons, Driverpacks, Driverpack defaults, post-install hotfixes, post-install apps, Apps library contents, wallpapers, themes, setup music, and more! Rather than let me decide, why don't you decide?!
I have written the builder so anyone can build their own WinBorg XP DVD. well, nearly everyone - please see the requirements below. If you simply want to use the default settings -- download the builder, run it, and make your DVD image. This will be exactly as if i built the image and released it. Or, you can use the Builder Options utility and totally customize the DVD for your own needs.
1) System requirements
* a windows machine -- the builder will only work on a Windows system (it uses Windows scripting). I have only tested this on an XP machine, but i can't see any reason why it won't also work on Vista and Win7 machines. Please report your experiences with using the Builder on PCs with these OSes.
* English language -- i'm pretty sure you will need to use an English OS in order for all the scripting to work. Feel free to try this out in a VM with a different language OS and report your experiences.
* Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 or higher is needed for some of the programs the builder uses
* 10 gigs of space - the builder will contain nearly 10 gigs of data by the time it has finished.
* Extract contents of the released file into a new folder.
* Run Builder_Options.exe -- this is a script that acts like a guided tour of all the things you can customize on the DVD, and will also help keep it updated. It will open each folder location for you, open any readme.txt files you need to read, and URL shortcuts are provided to check for updates. Just run it and follow the prompts.
3) Using the Builder
* Winborg_Builder.exe -- this is the file to run when you want to start building. You have the option of running it in Auto mode, or Step-by-Step mode. Auto will run the scripts without stopping until the section where you are asked if you want to make the DVD image. Step-by-Step mode allows you to step thru the 25 sections that comprise the builder. If you need to stop the build in the middle, or want to start from a particular step, you can.
* Clear_Build.exe -- this is a small utility that will clear out any build files from any previous builds. This is actually a part of Winborg_Builder.exe but i have made it a stand-alone utility in order to easily clear a build. I use it when i am moving the build folder from one location to another (eg from Home to Work). Without it, you will be carrying around extra files you don't need to lug around.
* settings.ini -- this is the settings file for Winborg_Builder.exe -- with this file you can set the work directory. This is useful if you have 2 or more physical HDDs -- set the work folder to a different drive than the one holding the build files.
* Build_log.txt -- this is a time-stamped log file produced as the builder runs. It is useful for trouble-shooting and will also provide the time it takes to perform each step.
WinborgXP.Builder.Edition.v1.0-SOPORIFIC.7z [4.36 GB]
Please note: this version is based upon the December 2010 release. A newer version based on June 2011 will be coming soon.
If you want to build your own Winborg XP grab the builder, if you are happy with the pre-prepared version then grab the latest pre-built edition.
[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]