WinBorg.XP.DVD.April.(2012) & WinBorg.XP.Builder.v1.0.0.0.(2010)

Any release of Operating Systems (OS) like Windows, OSX, UNIX-based, etc. In this forum you can post official OS or modified releases (homemade for example).
Software Agent
Software Agent

WinBorg.XP.DVD.April.(2012) & WinBorg.XP.Builder.v1.0.0.0.(2010)

Postby soporific » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:42 pm

WinBorg XP April 2012 DVD

What is Winborg XP?

If you boot with this DVD and start one of the setup routines, this will clean install a corporate edition of Windows XP Pro SP3 updated to the month of release. The aim is for you to be able to stick this DVD in, quickly get setup running, and then when setup finally stops, your computer is ready to use. There are no steps in between, you don't need to do a thing, you get a fully unattended installation of everything. This means all your device drivers installed and no critical updates need installing. You just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Actually, there are some options you can select, in particular, the Driver Packs Selector is something you'll want to look out for as the operating system is installed because you can choose extra driver packs that aren't selected by default and you can also un-select some to save some time for the install. You can also set the type of screen resolution you have - standard or widescreen - this will make the end result a lot more satisfying to gaze upon.

Winborg XP was created by BartOfBorg. Further development since August 2006 by Soporific.

DVD Boot Menu

4 different flavours of Windows XP Professional SP3 to choose from:
- the choices involve whether you want:
> to use the driverpacks
> to install the OS without any tweaks or addons
> to install either the standard tweaked OS or the WinBorg one. See below for more info on the differences.

There's a tools menu available with a choice set of tools to help you with your hardware if need be.

The install theme

The setup billboard screen theme has been split in 2. The first part is Matrix inspired while the second is all about the Borg.

The driverpacks and screen resolution selection utility starts after your PC first reboots during the installation of the operating system. This is a good thing to watch out for because you can select extra driverpacks that aren't selected by default (as shown below). It starts after your PC reboots for the first time during setup (after the blue screen part). New in the November edition of Winborg XP is the PhysX driverpack which provides extra juicy drivers for the latest graphics cards.

You can also set the style of your screen resolution. For extra impact of your new operating system right out of the box, please set this to your usual screen resolution. There are only 2 options - Standard and Widescreen. Hopefully you all know which is which ;) -- if you don't and you have a widescreen monitor, the resolution is automatically set to 1024 x 768 (or higher) and this may not look very good. You can simply change it in Display Setting like normal, i'm just saying here that it will aid in giving you the pleasure of a good looking PC when setup is all finished.

The Operating System

This is the scene at the end of setup:

The OS is Windows XP Professional with SP3 v5512 integrated. You should not need to download any further hotfixes, and you should be able to 'validate' at any time with any OS you install from this DVD. When you visit Windows Update, you do not have to download or install anything in order to use it, the necessary files have already been integrated.

Vista icons package
--- OS options 1 & 2: the original icons were preserved.
--- OS options 3 & 4: Vista style icons

OS Options

There are 4 OS options to choose from when you want to install the OS:

option 1 - Windows XP Professional SP3 with updated OS components only
option 2 - Windows XP Professional SP3 with minimal tweaks and add-ons
option 3 - Windows XP Professional SP3 with essential tweaks and add-ons
option 4 - WinBorg XP Professional SP3 with recommended tweaks and add-ons

The main differences regard which add-ons are installed:

add-ons slipstreamed into this release

1st OS option

2nd OS option
- all 1st OS option add-ons plus:

3rd OS option
- all 1st & 2nd OS option add-ons plus:

4th OS option
- all 1st, 2nd, & 3rd OS option add-ons plus:

Post-Install Applications Menu

- you can choose groups of selections or you can go through the menu and choose for yourself.
- all your selections are silently installed, you don't need to do nothin with serials, cracks or anything else, all are ready to use after rebooting your PC.

Applications menu list for April 2012:

Code: Select all

7-Zip 9.22
AC3 Filter Lite 1.63b
Adobe Reader Lite
Adobe Shockwave
Advanced SystemCare Free 3.7.3
Advanced Uninstaller PRO
AI Roboform Enterprise 7.3.0
AIDA64 Extreme Edition 2.30.1900
AIO Slate Theme
allSnap 1.41
AM-Deadlink 4.4
ASPI layer drivers 4.6.1021
Asterisk Key 10.0
ATI Tray Tools
AutoIT with SciTE
AutoPatcher Updater 1.30
Autorun Virus Remover 3.1
Autoruns 11.22
Axialis IconWorkshop 6.70
Babylon Portable
Battery Care
BB FlashBack Express
Beyond Compare 3.3.4
Bulk Rename Utility
Cain and Abel 4.9.43
CamStudio 2.6
CapsUnlock 1.4
CCleaner 3.18.1707
Clean Disk Security 7.91
CleanMem 2.4.1
CloneSpy 2.61
Combined Community Codec Pack 2011-11-11
Comodo BackUp 4.1.28
Context Menu Manager 2011.4
Core Temp 1.0.0
CrystalDiskInfo 4.3.0a
Daemon Tools Lite 4.45.3
Date In Tray 1.5
Defraggler 2.09.391
Directory Opus 10.0.1
DiskCheck 1.0.75
DiskGenius 3.3.0525
DM2 v1.23.1
Drive Space Indicator
Drive Speedometer 1.0.0
DriveGLEAM 1.12
Driver Magician Portable 3.68
Driver Sweeper 3.2.0
DropIt 4.0.1
Dual Monitor Tools 1.8
Easy CD DVD Cover Creator 4.13
EasyRecovery Professional 6.22
Electric Sheep 2.7b34
eMule MorphXT 12.6
EncSpot Pro 2.2.b2
Explorer++ 1.2
Ext Changer 0.5
ffdshow rev 4436
File Repair 2.1
FileTypesMan 1.61
FileZilla 3.5.3
FinePrint 6.10
Flash Player for Internet Explorer
Flash Player for Non-IE Browsers
FlashFolder 1.9.181
FlashFXP 3.7.9 Beta
Fonts Pack - 117 Various True Type Fonts
Fonts Pack - 400 Starting True Type Fonts
Format Factory 2.90
Forte Agent 5.0.1171
Foxit PDF Editor Portable
FreshUI 8.73
FrostWire 5.3.5
Game Booster 1.51
Get All Passwords 1.21
GetDataBack Portable 4.2.2
GIMP 2.6.12
Glint 1.26
GMail Drive 1.15
Gmail Notifier
GOM Player 2.1.40
Google Chrome 18.0.1025.152
GrabIt 1.72 beta 4
Hard Drive Inspector Pro 3.98
HashTab 3.0.0
HDD Regenerator 2011
HDShredder Free 3.6.1
HTTrack Website Copier 3.44
IconsExtract 1.47
Identity Finder Home Edition 5.70
Inno Setup 5.4.3
InstalledCodec 1.25
Internet Cyclone 2.13
Internet Download Manager 6.06 Build 8
IrfanView 4.30
ISP Monitor 5.7.5
iTunes 10.6.1
Java Runtime Environment 7 Update 4
K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool 4.9.5
K-Lite Full Codec Pack 8.70
KatMouse 1.04
Kels CPL Bonus 12.8.2
Kels Uber Addon 16.0
Kindle for PC 1.9.3
Laptop Battery Doubler 1.21
Launchy 2.5
Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder 2.0.8
MailStore Home 5.0.1
MailWasher Free 6.54
Memory Optimization
MessenPass 1.42
Metapad 3.6
Microsoft .Net Framework 2 to 3.5 SP1 AIO
Microsoft Security Essentials XP 4.0.1526
Microsoft SilverLight 5.0.61118
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005-2010 SP1
Miro 4.0.6
Mmm 2.02
Mozilla Firefox 12.0
Mozilla Thunderbird 12.0
MS Baseline Security Analyzer 2.2
MultiExtractor 2.72c
MultiRes 1.58
NetBalancer 3.1
NetLimiter Pro 2.0.10
NetWorx 5.2.2
NewsBin Pro 5.50.9337
NewsLeecher 3.9b8
NewXP Live Blue Theme by ~sagorpirbd
NirLauncher NirSoft-Sysinternals Tools June 2011
NotePad++ 6.1.2
Notepad2 v4.1.24
NovaBench 3.0.1
OfficeTab 6.50
Online Armour Free
Opera 11.62
Orbit Downloader
OutlookAttachView 1.67
Paint.NET 3.5.10
Partition Wizard 7.1
PC Decrapifier 2.2.8
PDF Split and Merge 2.2.0
PDF To Excel Converter 2.0
PDFCreator 1.3.2
PE Explorer 1.99 RC4
PeerBlock 1.1
PerfectDisk 12.5
PhotoZoom Pro 4.04
Pidgin 2.10.3
Piky Suite 3.0.21
PowerISO 4.8
PowerMenu 1.51
Proactive System Password Recovery
Process Explorer 14.12
Process Lasso
PSPad Editor 4.5.7 Build 2441
PureRA 1.5
QuickTime Lite 4.1
Radical Image Optimization Tool 0.4.1
Rainlendar Lite 2.8.1
RarmaRadio 2.62.1
Real Alternative Lite 2.02
Ricks GlassToasts Balloon Notifications
RivaTuner 2.24c
RM To MP3 WAV Converter 2.15
RoboCopy GUI
RunWithAffinity 1.0.2
Safari 5.1.5
Sandra Lite 2012 (18.45)
Save My Work 1.0.45
Second Copy
SetupS SendTo v8.11.7.0
ShellExView v1.37
Shutter 2.90
Simple Ping 1.0.3
Simple Port Forwarding 3.2.10
SMAC Professional 2.7
SoftMaker Office 2012 rev 656
SopCast 3.5.0
Soporific\'s Media Files Toolbox March 2012
SP3 UxTheme Patcher 1.3
SpeedFan 4.46
SpyBot Search & Destroy 1.62
SpyDLLRemover 4.5
Startup Delayer 3.0 beta 319
Stat Bar 2.406
StExBar 1.7.2
Super Flexible File Synchronizer Pro 5.70
Synergy 1.4.3
System Explorer 3.0.2
Tag&Rename 3.5.7
The Font Thing 0.80
ThumbViewLite 1.0
TreeSize Professional 5.5.5
TrueCrypt 7.1a
TrueCrypt Mobile 7.1a
TSR Watermark Image
TuneUp Utilities 2012 v12.0.3500.13
Tweak Me!
Tweak: Broadband
Tweak: Change the command prompt colour
Tweak: Change the default action for .reg files
Tweak: Classic Start Menu
Tweak: Enable Font Smoothing
Tweak: Enable Standard Balloon Tips
Tweak: Essential
Tweak: No Network
Tweak: Only a 32 bit network
Tweak: Remove Language Bar
Tweak: Restore CD drive to Explorer
Tweak: Restore XP style Start Menu
Tweak: Turn Off System Restore
Tweak: Turn On System Restore
Tweak: Vista Style Drives Display
Tweak: Wireless Network Service Off
Tweak: Wireless Network Service On
UberIcon 1.0.4
UltraSurf 9.92
Univeral Silent Switch Finder
Universal Extractor
Universal Plug-and-Play Tester 2.9
Unknown Device Identifier 7.00
Unlocker 1.9.1
Unstoppable Copier 5.2
VideoCacheView 1.94
Vista Mouse Cursors Addons Pack - May 2007
Vista Start Menu 3.8.8
VLC Media Player 2.0.1
What\'s Running 3.0 beta 9
Winamp Pro 5.623 + Plugins Pack
WinDirStat 1.1.2
Windows Live Messenger 14.0.8117
Windows Vulnerability Scanner 1.48
WinPatrol 24.6.2012.0
WinRAR 4.01
WinSnap 3.5.5
Wireless Navigator 2.3.2
Wireshark 1.6.7
WSUS OffLine Update 7.3.0
XP AntiSpy 3.97.11
XP Smoker 6.0
XVI32 Hex Editor 2.51
XviD 1.3.2
XYplorer 10.90.0300
Yahoo Messenger

Known Issues:

The Link:

Winborg.XP.April.2012.Final-SOPORIFIC.iso  [3.84 Gb]

CRC32: 8B673487
MD5: 312E93102080599468B16569FA5AEF76
SHA-1: E502A3B0FEF739575274140DE9DBD392196CFF30

WinBorg XP Builder

For those not familiar with Winborg XP, see above for details of the April 2012 release.

What is the Winborg XP Builder?

i find it pretty hard to make decisions on what to include and what to leave off each and every Winborg XP disc i release. The choices are many! Update Packs, NLite tweaks, RVM addons, Driverpacks, Driverpack defaults, post-install hotfixes, post-install apps, Apps library contents, wallpapers, themes, setup music, and more! Rather than let me decide, why don't you decide?!

I have written the builder so anyone can build their own WinBorg XP DVD. well, nearly everyone - please see the requirements below. If you simply want to use the default settings -- download the builder, run it, and make your DVD image. This will be exactly as if i built the image and released it. Or, you can use the Builder Options utility and totally customize the DVD for your own needs.

1) System requirements

* a windows machine -- the builder will only work on a Windows system (it uses Windows scripting). I have only tested this on an XP machine, but i can't see any reason why it won't also work on Vista and Win7 machines. Please report your experiences with using the Builder on PCs with these OSes.
* English language -- i'm pretty sure you will need to use an English OS in order for all the scripting to work. Feel free to try this out in a VM with a different language OS and report your experiences.
* Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 or higher is needed for some of the programs the builder uses
* 10 gigs of space - the builder will contain nearly 10 gigs of data by the time it has finished.

2) Preparation

* Extract contents of the released file into a new folder.

* Run Builder_Options.exe -- this is a script that acts like a guided tour of all the things you can customize on the DVD, and will also help keep it updated. It will open each folder location for you, open any readme.txt files you need to read, and URL shortcuts are provided to check for updates. Just run it and follow the prompts.

3) Using the Builder

* Winborg_Builder.exe -- this is the file to run when you want to start building. You have the option of running it in Auto mode, or Step-by-Step mode. Auto will run the scripts without stopping until the section where you are asked if you want to make the DVD image. Step-by-Step mode allows you to step thru the 25 sections that comprise the builder. If you need to stop the build in the middle, or want to start from a particular step, you can.

* Clear_Build.exe -- this is a small utility that will clear out any build files from any previous builds. This is actually a part of Winborg_Builder.exe but i have made it a stand-alone utility in order to easily clear a build. I use it when i am moving the build folder from one location to another (eg from Home to Work). Without it, you will be carrying around extra files you don't need to lug around.

* settings.ini -- this is the settings file for Winborg_Builder.exe -- with this file you can set the work directory. This is useful if you have 2 or more physical HDDs -- set the work folder to a different drive than the one holding the build files.

* Build_log.txt -- this is a time-stamped log file produced as the builder runs. It is useful for trouble-shooting and will also provide the time it takes to perform each step.

The Link:
WinborgXP.Builder.Edition.v1.0-SOPORIFIC.7z  [4.36 Gb]
MD5: A85796D8D20909E90AB0CBEAF7BA1028
Please note: this version is based upon the December 2010 release. A newer version based on June 2011 will be coming soon.

If you want to build your own Winborg XP grab the builder, if you are happy with the pre-prepared version then grab the latest pre-built edition.

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]
Last edited by soporific on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:21 am, edited 110 times in total.

Postby wizard102 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:41 pm

thanks for your hard work on this.

Vicarious Learner
Vicarious Learner

Postby armen74 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:16 am

great work...thanx
works fine and is fasterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Software Agent
Software Agent

Postby soporific » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:43 pm

To all that are having problems:

- please double-check that you have burnt the DVD properly. I have seen errors that look like hardware config problems but instead was caused by errors on the DVD.

- sometimes you have to fiddle with your BIOS settings to get the correct hardware config. Please read your manual back to front. Even read the chapters in the languages other than the ones you understand - hey, you never know.

- other than that there's not much you can do unfortunately. How about trying the CD version?

- regarding the question about the 3rd party applications, yes, if you choose to install them, that's it, there is nothing else to do, they are already cracked and ready to go.

- IF YOU NEED FURTHER HELP WITH YOUR HARDWARE PROBLEMS: please do the following before going any further:

1) please confirm that the copy of the DVD you burnt is totally correct, ie you have verified it is bit perfect. Bad DVD errors can sometimes look like hardware config problems.

2) please test that a normal copy of Windows XP (or some other version that you KNOW works) works on the machine you are having problems with. This narrows down the cause of the problem immensely. If neither version works, then you can stop bothering me, hey. If you can't do this step, fair enough, but if you can, please do.

3) please use the Ultimate Boot CD utilities included on the DVD to test your hardware thoroughly, especially the RAM which is usually to blame when it comes to hardware errors. In my experience anyway. If you know your computer was working properly before trying to install Winborg then you can probably skip this step.

4) then, and only then post your hardware spec list, especially the motherboard name (which i may use to look up the specs for online to research your problem - i said *may*), RAM type (generic vs brand), and a very detailed explanation of what you saw when the problem occurred.

5) do this for me and i will promise you i won't cease until you are experiencing the wonders of winborg.

I know you can't wait but don't worry ... in the end, you will be assimilated. It is your destiny.

Software Agent
Software Agent

Postby soporific » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:03 am

hey there,

i'm listening to all feedback ... all requests (so far) will be granted if at all possible ... if it doesn't get included, i tried my best but it couldn't be installed silently. If it can't be installed silently there's no point wasting space that could be used for others that can be done silently. This is a big thing for me ... this DVD is for ordinary folks as well as computer heads like me. The ordinary folk in general can't do all the steps necessary to 'crack' a program so we have to do it for them.

If anyone gives me a app that is already packaged to be installed silently, then it is 99.99% likely to be included. Just give me a URL to download from ... any size is fine, i have wizzbang speed broadband. In particular, i like AutoIT packages ... i just love the automation as everything is done for you in front of your eyes to install the program. The only thing is AutoIT is very hard to get right.

Edited .. please don't dodge the word sensors ~ARCH

[Capitalism is a centillion times more offensive than so-called offensive words, so this is my protest against bans against 'offensive language']
[The number '1 centillion' is a 1 with 600 zeros following it, the same as saying 10 to the power of 600. Really, it is, look it up. It's useful to know the names of really big numbers at times like these.]

EDIT: ok, i won't dodge the sensors - i've made my point :)
Last edited by soporific on Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vicarious Learner
Vicarious Learner

Postby hood00 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:14 pm

Absolutley amazing this, thanks so much. Works perfectly for me

Must have taken you ages, thanks again for your hard work

Vicarious Learner
Vicarious Learner

Postby MoNks » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:33 am

I have both the dvd and cd I luv them both very hot you're the best.

Vicarious Learner
Vicarious Learner

Postby FallenAngel_864 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:50 am

Thanks soporific! I'm a big fan of your work, and your releases. Thanks for this new release (just in time for my semi annual "flush")!

Postby pierian » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:16 am

thanks very much soporific, i've installed winborg without any problems and its running perfectly.much appreciated.

Software Agent
Software Agent

Postby soporific » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:12 am

pierian wrote:sop, i installed winborgxp with all drivers and apps and all went ok but when i rebooted i'm being asked for a user and password.

You installed MS .NetFramework 1.1 and i was supposed to inform you that this will disrupt the auto login for the administrator account. The username is "administrator" and the password is blank. To restore the auto login, use TweakUI (control panel) -- its under Logon - you want AutoLogon -- click the box that says "logon automatically as startup."

Old Folk
Old Folk

Postby novoco » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:21 pm

mahal, please do not post rapidshare links on this forum

4. No FTP servers or direct links to copyrighted material! This is strictly forbidden! This includes using online file hosting such as RapidShare or Megaupload.

Software Agent
Software Agent

Re: Extracting DVD

Postby soporific » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:24 pm

goodmore wrote:To help out the not so tech people ( including myself ) how do you extract the DVD? Do you extract the DVD and run the patch after? Thank You

OK, here's how you do it:

1. Open Windows Explorer (START -> PROGRAMS -> ACCESSORIES -> Windows Explorer)

2. Inside Windows Explorer, in the left-hand side pane, open up My Computer (or The Collective) so you can see all the drives attached to your computer (C:, D:, etc)

3. On the C: drive, create a new folder called 'winborg' so you then have a path called c:\winborg available to put the contents of the DVD into. You can create a new folder from the file menu.

4. Still using Windows Explorer, locate the drive that contains the DVD. Select it the in left-hand pane, and all the contents should appear in the right-hand side. Select all the contents (hit CTRL A after clicking once anywhere inside the pane) and then use the drag-and-drop feature of windows to copy the contents into the new folder you created on the C: drive (just click on one of the files you have selected and drag it, which will drag all the files, to the new folder) . You will need 5.8 gigs of free space to do this.

5. Once the files have finished copying, now you can use the fix. Just extract the zipped archive and run the file inside. You can simply use the default answers for the prompts. It takes 2 seconds to apply the fix.

6. The last thing is to make the image. Use the MakeDVD.bat file (inside the MakeDVD folder) to do this. You will probably need to adjust the file in order to make it work -- it is currently set to make the DVD image on the E: drive. If you don't have a hard disk at that location, it won't allow you to continue. It isn't that hard to change the file but if you do find it confusing, then just say so and tell me what you don't understand.

7. That's it. Just burn the image like you did the original.

Software Agent
Software Agent

Postby soporific » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:30 am

armen74 wrote:My AVAST antivirus deleted the whole file soon as it was completed in e-Mule as it contains a virus in WIN32.DLL folder

i'm sorry this has happened to you, but what has happened is that your anti-virus was set to automatically deleted suspected files. Usually you would have had to set that yourself but its also possible you were unaware of this feature. Recently, some anti-virus companies have been black-listing perfectly legit files and these have been causing many many false positives. The files that are black-listed that shouldn't be are those that are used to silently run things in the background so the user is unaware anything is happening. Its obvious to see why this could be a security risk, but it also causes this problem when these files are being used for legitimate purposes, ie performing automated tasks on unattended boot DVDs. AVAST and AVG are the worst culprits. They have quickly become the ENEMY of file sharers the world over. PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE SCUMBAG APPLICATIONS!

This has been a community public announcement.

Vicarious Learner
Vicarious Learner

Postby archibold » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:48 pm

I wanted to be the first to thank you for this march release & all your release which are original and excellent...
Already looking for your next release....

Postby ilikefree » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:03 pm

you da man! 8-) :pir8

Postby rimwar » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:11 am

Top work full speed ahead to download it... Will Share till then next version aswell.... Cheers.

Vicarious Learner
Vicarious Learner

Postby SilvioSantoZ » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:11 am

We are The Borg. Resistance is futile! Thanks

Vicarious Learner
Vicarious Learner

Postby TheNight » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:36 am

Excellent, thanks for all your hard work :)

Vicarious Learner
Vicarious Learner

Postby aleister » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:45 pm

I love you Soporific!' Thank you for sharing :D

Vicarious Learner
Vicarious Learner

Postby RuKaDa » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:11 pm

Thanks for this amazing release soporific, this will be my next OS to test.

Thanks once again for sharing this with all WinBorgers :D

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby I-Wrench » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:03 pm

I had no problem with this ver. it loaded fine and runs
like a charm for me. Thank for all your hard work and please
keep on doing what it is you do.

Postby burker777 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:21 pm

thank you

mo hussain
Vicarious Learner
Vicarious Learner

Postby mo hussain » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:01 pm

thank you for such a time consuming effort...we owe u big

Vicarious Learner
Vicarious Learner

Postby archibold » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Brilliant release like always....
Thanks a lot and more for the hard work...

Vicarious Learner
Vicarious Learner

Postby WillyBigg » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:10 pm

Thanks, very nice

Vicarious Learner
Vicarious Learner

Postby fgir » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:09 pm

Great work, thx m8. Always enjoy purists, keep up the spirit =)

Vicarious Learner
Vicarious Learner

Re: WinBorg.XP.DVD.November.(2008)

Postby rottenjohnny » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:26 pm

Have option 5 running for about a week now, everything's perfect..Thanx again for a great job Soporific :clap

Postby demonwizz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:50 pm

Nice and excellent work Soporific.
Installed with option 4.
Works great.

Software Agent
Software Agent

Postby soporific » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:40 am

Fix for Missing Languages

1) download this file:

Code: Select all

2) extract the zip file contents onto the target machine that needs languages restored. Inside ZIP file is only one file and its called "Add-all-Languages.inf" -- right-click it and choose to INSTALL

3) files will start to copy over, then stop and ask you for a Source CD. You can use ANY Windows XP disc -- simply use the Winborg DVD, or something else, and point to a i386 folder. On the Winborg DVD, the best i386 folder to use (there are 3) is the one at this location:

assuming your DVD drive is the letter D:

4) after its all finished, reboot, and you should be able to use all East-Asian Languages (actually all languages get re-installed).

I hope this all goes swell.

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby paulski1106 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:01 am

installed on my mates pc (nov 08) the other day on option 5, sweet as a nut. Only issue so far - anydvd trial period ended before it started. (ie not cracked)
not exactly end of the world.
top notch.

Return to “Operating Systems”